British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Stekkers Sacked

Reading this weeks Spar I found to my amazement that Jan Staechmann has been sacked by the Danish federation DMU from his role as the team manager and coach of Danish speedway.

I only know him by a handfull of quick conversations around the European tracks but have NEVER met a person such as him. He loves (-d) his work, was good at it and was appreciated by his riders (of course I dont know for sure) and looked up to by his rivals (this one is 100 % certain :approve: ). Reasons mentioned for the axe to fall on him are a bit iffy...

Following whats been going on in Sweden I've been wondering whats the point whith all the changes, but having seen Svemo's calendar page 3 I've wondered have the people in charge not been really in contact whats actually happening? Mentioned in the interview is that the DMU wants to keep training days during the season weekly, twice at least. I DO WONDER how that can be arranged, since the Danes are riding meetings in the UK daily. Some even have 10+ Danish riders from the needed 14 at times... :blink:

He was too good for the job. If I had the money, I'd hire hime for a rider of my choice. We already have a good coach/tm so no positions open by that calibre... :DB)

Edited by f-s-p

Reading this weeks Spar I found to my amazement that Jan Staechmann has been sacked by the Danish federation DMU from his role as the team manager and coach of Danish speedway.

I only know him by a handfull of quick conversations around the European tracks but have NEVER met a person such as him. He loves (-d) his work, was good at it and was appreciated by his riders (of course I dont know for sure) and looked up to by his rivals (this one is 100 % certain :approve: ). Reasons mentioned for the axe to fall on him are a bit iffy...

Following whats been going on in Sweden I've been wondering whats the point whith all the changes, but having seen Svemo's calendar page 3 I've wondered have the people in charge not been really in contact whats actually happening? Mentioned in the interview is that the DMU wants to keep training days during the season weekly, twice at least. I DO WONDER how that can be arranged, since the Danes are riding meetings in the UK daily. Some even have 10+ Danish riders from the needed 14 at times... :blink:

He was too good for the job. If I had the money, I'd hire hime for a rider of my choice. We already have a good coach/tm so no positions open by that calibre... :DB)

Any news on a replacement?

Sure i read months ago that this was his last season in charge...... :unsure:

Jan wrote on facebook that he had a contract with DMU until 31.12.2011 but DMU decided to terminate it.

no official replacement yet but heard some rumors with names like Jan O. Pedersen, Jakob Olsen or Lars Munkedahl....but nothing confirmed yet!

There were some issues between Stekkers and Leon Madsen if I am not mistaken? This may have been one of the reasons? I don't really see any other reason why decision like that would be made.

There were some issues between Stekkers and Leon Madsen if I am not mistaken? This may have been one of the reasons? I don't really see any other reason why decision like that would be made.

yeah. Stekkers didn't want to have Madsen in the team due to Madsen's "incident" with the silencer.

yeah. Stekkers didn't want to have Madsen in the team due to Madsen's "incident" with the silencer.

NO.

DMU made an official statement later (before SWC) that the issues were between DMU and Madsen. Stekkers had nothing to do with that.

Anders Secher takes his place. Who's he?

Anders Secher ny landstræner i Speedway

Danmarks Motor Union (DMU) har lørdag den 5. februar 2011 på et pressemøde i Jyske Bank BOXEN offentliggjort, at den tidligere manager for Grand Prix-køreren Bjarne Pedersen, 44-årige Anders Secher, bosat i Viborg, er ny Speedwaylandstræner i Danmarks Motor Union (DMU).

Anders Secher takes his place. Who's he?

Anders Secher ny landstræner i Speedway

Danmarks Motor Union (DMU) har lørdag den 5. februar 2011 på et pressemøde i Jyske Bank BOXEN offentliggjort, at den tidligere manager for Grand Prix-køreren Bjarne Pedersen, 44-årige Anders Secher, bosat i Viborg, er ny Speedwaylandstræner i Danmarks Motor Union (DMU).

:D

That's exactly my thoughts when Jacky told me the news in Herning ;)