British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FenTiger666

Mildenhall - Who Decides Who The New Promoter Is?

I disagree Malcolm!

The fish and chips at Rye House are superior and better value for money than those served up at West Row although I hope we'll see speedway back at Mildenhall next year as well as a strong and vibrant 3rd tier!

I disagree Malcolm!

The fish and chips at Rye House are superior and better value for money than those served up at West Row although I hope we'll see speedway back at Mildenhall next year as well as a strong and vibrant 3rd tier!

I can't comment on the Rye fish and chips since everytime I have wanted some they have run out, but those at Mildenhall are top quality every time.

I disagree Malcolm!

Well I accept this difference of opinion and indeed I also accept that the Rye House fare is indeed good.

However, I think by the width of a front tyre Mildenhall's Fish and Chipa and sausage and chips edge it on taste.

All tracks who specilaise in using poor materials take note.

I had an excellent Cheese Burger at Plymoputh the only time I ever had time to buy anything there as well.

I will not shame the existing tracks where I have not enjoyed the food but I was never impressed at Wimbledon.

Malcolm Vasey

I disagree Malcolm!

Well I accept this difference of opinion and indeed I also accept that the Rye House fare is indeed good.

However, I think by the width of a front tyre Mildenhall's Fish and Chipa and sausage and chips edge it on taste.

All tracks who specilaise in using poor materials take note.

I had an excellent Cheese Burger at Plymoputh the only time I ever had time to buy anything there as well.

I will not shame the existing tracks where I have not enjoyed the food but I was never impressed at Wimbledon.

Malcolm Vasey

And on availability Malc...: they always seem to have run out of the supposedly legendary fish and chips at Rye when I go there...! :cry:

And you're spot on about the culinary fare on offer at Plough Lane. It was neither "fast" nor "food" and the GRA staff tried as hard as they could (as did the bar staff) to diddle customers out of their rightful change... And then they had the cheek (the GRA that is) to accuse us Speedway folk of not drinking enuff beer or eating enuff burgers!!!! :blink:

Hope you had a good Xmas m8; did Santa bring you a new baseball cap..?! :wink:

I'll disagree, the last fish and chips I had at Rye were below par, never had a bad 'un at Mildenhall. Really hope get to visit Mildy again in 2011, my friend first went to speedway there and will be very happy to go back too.

I'll say the curry sauce at Mildenhall is pretty damn good as well, while people are talking about the quality of the fish and chips :lol:

Hi you Guys.

Having been given some names regarding the new promotion at West Row

which I wont discolse in respect to Dave Coventry and his plans it is

his place to name names.

I would however like to raise a couple of points to the melting pot.

1 I think D C should first of all have a good read of the Rule Book

because I think it will frightyen him to death as it is more strict

than he thinks. At one meeting last year after a stocks meeting there

was only 2 red lights working and when he was approaced about it he said

" it will be alright we managed with them at stocks"

2 The rule book states that any moving vehicle

must have amber flashing lights but that did not matter either.

He has no prority for an adequate pits area and safety to the public

with bike moving in between the spectators.

2 I have heard that John Adams hopes to be team manager, How can he be ?

when he is a defaulted Co Chairman from the previous promotion and

should not be allowed to hols an officals licence as he is still classed

as a part of the failure by title.

I hope that the tigers get to the tapes in 2011 but I can see problems

unless lessons are learned quickly or there will be problems from day

one

see ya

kea54

Edited by kea54

Mr Bailey - I really thought we'd heard the last of you in relation to Mildenhall Speedway!!

Do not concern yourself with the arrangements required to re-open the club - from what I underwithstand the prospective new promotion are experienced Speedway people and I'm sure they will attend to every last detail to ensure Mildenhall runs smoothly, with a team capable of challenging for the play-offs!

Edited by neil3065

Hello again Neil3065

These experienced speedway people have aready approached I am informed alledgedly

at least 3 riders 2 of which would be part of a loan agreement

without contacting their parent clubs and also offering official

track jobs.

ALL THIS BEFORE THEY HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE BSPA WHAT A GOOD START.

Incidently I never got an answer from you as to my challenge

for you to name your team in 2009, not easy is it.

I wish Mildenhall all the best for 2011 as no doubt you also do not

like to see tracks fold.

I hope this does not start ping pong messages betwen us as we both want the same reult.

seeya

Kea54.

Edited by kea54

Hello again Neil3065

These experienced speedway people have aready approached I am informed alledgedly

at least 3 riders 2 of which would be part of a loan agreement

without contacting their parent clubs and also offering official

track jobs.

ALL THIS BEFORE THEY HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE BSPA WHAT A GOOD START.

Incidently I never got an answer from you as to my challenge

for you to name your team in 2009, not easy is it.

I wish Mildenhall all the best for 2011 as no doubt you also do not

like to see tracks fold.

I hope this does not start ping pong messages betwen us as we both want the same reult.

seeya

Kea54.

With respect, if you want the same result then your posting is at best irresponsible.

You have been in the game long enough to know how things work, if senior members of the BSPA can bend and manipulate rules on what seems like a regular basis I hardly think that there can be any complaints over the way other clubs operate do you?

Also, why would anybody wish to inform you of something that is blatantly none of your business? Unless for mischief making.

Whether you agree with Mr.Coventry or the new Promoter just deal with it - rights and wrongs within the BSPA it appears have just seen the shambolic demise of 2 senior Elite venues, as a Speedway fan per se the pleasure some people derive from self interest and negativity never ceases to amaze me.

Kev.

Edited by norwichkev

Couldn't agree more, Kev, I think you've summed things up accurately and succinctly.

As you say, if Mr Bailey wants the same result as the Mildenhall fans, then he has a strange way of showing it. He clearly still has his own agenda for making such remarks. But Mr Bailey is a mere footnote in Mildenhall's past. Indeed, there are people who had been part of the staff at Mildenhall much, much longer than Mr Bailey, who have been wholly more positive in welcoming Mildenhall's potential re-opening in 2011 on this discussion thread. So we can draw our own conclusions from those contrasting remarks.

Fortunately, it now looks more positive as to Mildenhall being active in 2011, and it is to that which most are now looking forward. Hopefully Mildenhall's team will consist of riders who have the potential and hunger to develop in the sport. That was something the 2010 Mildenhall management did deliver and it would be good to see a similar team building ethos for 2011.

Edited by neil3065

For Halifax I still support a points limit reduction in the NL my beliefs could have kept your team alive last season.

It has to be too good to lose

Malcolm Vasey

Consistent at least :)

My own view has changed slightly, mainly thanks to Dale Allitt's eloquent persuasion. For the forthcoming season, I believe that a points limit should be set based upon 4 factors: the pool of riders available for the NL, the financial viability of the clubs, the development of British youngsters and the differing needs of the constituent members.I am sure that some sort of agreement could be reached on that basis, but have no idea what the figure would be.

Bluntly, to make a decision to reduce (or indeed increase)the current limit with regard to

only one of those factors would in my opinion be both foolish and, quite possibly, selfish.

To suggest that Mildenhall would have survived based on a lower points limit is pure optimistic speculation and nothing else.

I believe you advocated a 36pt limit at the end of 2009, which would have meant that Mildenhall would have started the 2010 season with a line up of Evans, Priest, Rayson, Jacobs and............3 3pt (or so) riders. That would be the same for all of the clubs, and I certainly don't know of 30 such riders. Nor does Jayne Moss, because she took issue with you over that specific subject on the pages of this forum, nor, too, does Laurence Rogers, stating to me at Dudley one night that they just don't exist. As such, that suggestion was completely impractical. In addition, it doesn't just mean 30 riders for that season, but for every season afterwards, with the undoubted possibility that some youngsters on a 6 or 7pt average would be squeezed out.

Its true to suggest that a lower points limit would involve lower costs. Even on NL rates, based upon what I know Mildenhall would still need 300 paying adults to break even. According to Ray Mascall, they weren't getting that and while the losses would have been more sustainable, who is to say that the club still would not have folded ?

That also overlooks whether gates would have remained the same without the likes of Hart, Lambert, Smart, Herne, Simmonds etc - the drawcards at NL level (never mind those who would have refused to ride for £10 a point). Would everyone who paid £10 to watch the Fen Tigers (and every other club) have continued to do so when each team had at least two novices ? One only has to read the comments about fans leaving due to lowering points levels in the EL for the answer to that, and while the amateur meetings I have seen are generally entertaining no-one goes despite the fact that entry is free.

I am nearly as keen on youth development as you are (I followed Adam Kirby to places as far apart as Workington and Plymouth last season to watch him compete in the U15's) but that cannot be at the expense of everything else.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I think the NL is the perfect place to trial League-owned riders and rider control (within obvious geographical constraints).

Whenever the new promotion is announced I will give them my full support. SMS will be kicked started again in the new year to continue our mission to raise funds to help the new promotion and obviously I look forward to working with them.

I have no idea as to the depth of their pockets but they will definately need some financing as I would have thought it unlikely that they could make an immediate impact on the financial well being of the club. Promotion will help but it also costs and takes time.

In terms of the fencing I am certain Mildenhall speedway has access to people who know exactly how it needs to be put together and who can train whoever is responsible for this work. It is a tricky process, I know from brief personal experience(the one time I was responsible for it I just bought the bacon rolls), but it is managable.

And as to it being my round it is never my round as an ex-promoter I expect to use poverty as my excuse for many years to come....

Whenever the new promotion is announced I will give them my full support. SMS will be kicked started again in the new year to continue our mission to raise funds to help the new promotion and obviously I look forward to working with them.

I have no idea as to the depth of their pockets but they will definately need some financing as I would have thought it unlikely that they could make an immediate impact on the financial well being of the club. Promotion will help but it also costs and takes time.

In terms of the fencing I am certain Mildenhall speedway has access to people who know exactly how it needs to be put together and who can train whoever is responsible for this work. It is a tricky process, I know from brief personal experience(the one time I was responsible for it I just bought the bacon rolls), but it is managable.

And as to it being my round it is never my round as an ex-promoter I expect to use poverty as my excuse for many years to come....

Hi Simon and all Fen Tigers fans.

The new promotion whoever they may be and whenever they actualy take charge will need all the support and help they can get to be ready for the 2011 season.

Lets not underestimate the task at hand, there is alot of work to do in a very short period of time.

The club has got a lot of ground to cover with fans, and certaintly sponsors after what happened last season, and I suspect with potential riders as well.

I, as others have mentioned am also concerned that with Ipswich now having regular PL meetings every week it may reduce the support we have received from Witches fans over the last few years. Although a smaller impact with Kings Lynn now EL that may also have an effect.

This is not to say the Fen Tigers cannot be successful because they can but the new promoter has the hardest task of any in the last 10 years.

Also as someone who worked alongside the fantastic track staff at Mildenhall for a number of years the new promotion should also not underestimate the work involved in putting up the fence, or getting a track ready and suitable for speedway. Manageable yes, but certainly not to be taken lightly. Its a job that must be done right, and done right first time everytime for the health and safety of the riders.

So lets hope that a new promoter can be confirmed as soon as possible and they have the experience and backroom staff to make the Fen Tigers a success again.

Finally in response to Simons last line - Sorry again mate :blink:

A Happy New Year to all Fen Tigers, and speedway fans.

Nikko