British Speedway Forum
heathen79

Nl Agm Cancelled?

Dont have a go at me have a go at the poster who claims its on the 10th

might be because of your abruptness in your reply and seeming that if you know its not this date then you surely know when it is? Can you help us out as to when the meetiong will be? I was speaking to two NL riders on sunday at the NYC who also beleive it to be the 10th.

its not about the supporters having no patience more about riders not knowing whats happening then having no time to sort sponsors and equipment etc. :angry:

yes of course it is . it's a bit daft to expect the riders to wait until we know if 2 elite clubs can sort out their problems and whether they are running or not ,and if the legal challenge about the way the whole sport is run finally breaks up the corrupt boys club , The national league and it's riders are far more important than issues relating to the running of speedway as a whole , and those of 2 elite league teams.

yes of course it is . it's a bit daft to expect the riders to wait until we know if 2 elite clubs can sort out their problems and whether they are running or not ,and if the legal challenge about the way the whole sport is run finally breaks up the corrupt boys club , The national league and it's riders are far more important than issues relating to the running of speedway as a whole , and those of 2 elite league teams.

no need to be sarcastic, i was making a comment that this mess affects the kids just starting out and struggling to get sponsors to help them run. not many parents can afford to finance it alone, so getting a few quid from people to help is of major importance to us. if we can`t tell prospective sponsors who the lads are going to be riding for if at all then it has serious consequences on gaining sponsorship.

no need to be sarcastic, i was making a comment that this mess affects the kids just starting out and struggling to get sponsors to help them run. not many parents can afford to finance it alone, so getting a few quid from people to help is of major importance to us. if we can`t tell prospective sponsors who the lads are going to be riding for if at all then it has serious consequences on gaining sponsorship.

Well said. They also have to work and therefore need to book holidays where clashes with riding and work occur, as do the spectators.

Edited by Great Central

If you don't give them time to sort speedways problems out . theres no point in your kids getting started because the way things have been going there will be no speedway for them to get involved in. self interest is what brought speedway to where it is now ..........on it's knees !this mess affects everybody in speedwaqy and everybody needs to show a little patience until it's sorted that includes you .

Not disputing you just didn`t need to put your point accross like I`m an idiot.

Sorry but sarcastic smartarses get right up my nose

Jim the whipper i understand your points but do you honestly believe they are going to sort all the problems out with british speedway?

I agree patience is needed but on the otherside it just shows how much of a joke the people who run this sport are.

These so called professionals are the ones who allowed it to get into this mess in the first place through self interest, these are the vary same people who are going to sort it all out??? :rolleyes: The point of agms is to discuss sort out resolve & implement rules changes, not to allow things to get into a mess.

A professionally run sport would have tried to sort out the mess from the start, not after the threat of legal action its only come the organisations biggest priority since then, when it should have been dealt with in house & they would have all league rules sorted and planned out for the next few years. All loopholes within rules would be closed so that they couldnt be exploited or interpreted by people seeking to gain an advantage.

All this plodding along discussing things is probably realisitically only going to be resolving whether cov & pboro will ride in the EL, or any other league, what averages certain riders come in on, & how they can all save face if a comprimise is reached.

I would be highly surprised if every problem that exists within our sport is now being looked at & considered for the good of the sport & trying to create clear directions going forward, clear rules that cant be interpretated differently etc etc etc

I highly suspect a number of problems that exist whatever the outcomes of these meetings are before the start of the 2011 season, will still exist by the end of 2011....and will still be left unresolved.

Sorry but I am utterly at a loss why the problems apparently affecting the Elite League have ANY connection with having this NL Chairmans' meeting and deciding on the composition of the third tier for 2011...

As has been said the harm potentially being done to plans of - especially - the stand-alone NL clubs is not something I'd have thought anyone would want to see piled on top of the obvious problems affecting the upper tier too...

Sorry but I am utterly at a loss why the problems apparently affecting the Elite League have ANY connection with having this NL Chairmans' meeting and deciding on the composition of the third tier for 2011...

As has been said the harm potentially being done to plans of - especially - the stand-alone NL clubs is not something I'd have thought anyone would want to see piled on top of the obvious problems affecting the upper tier too...

Possibility of two additional teams?

Jim the whipper i understand your points but do you honestly believe they are going to sort all the problems out with british speedway?

I agree patience is needed but on the otherside it just shows how much of a joke the people who run this sport are.

These so called professionals are the ones who allowed it to get into this mess in the first place through self interest, these are the vary same people who are going to sort it all out??? :rolleyes: The point of agms is to discuss sort out resolve & implement rules changes, not to allow things to get into a mess.

A professionally run sport would have tried to sort out the mess from the start, not after the threat of legal action its only come the organisations biggest priority since then, when it should have been dealt with in house & they would have all league rules sorted and planned out for the next few years. All loopholes within rules would be closed so that they couldnt be exploited or interpreted by people seeking to gain an advantage.

All this plodding along discussing things is probably realisitically only going to be resolving whether cov & pboro will ride in the EL, or any other league, what averages certain riders come in on, & how they can all save face if a comprimise is reached.

I would be highly surprised if every problem that exists within our sport is now being looked at & considered for the good of the sport & trying to create clear directions going forward, clear rules that cant be interpretated differently etc etc etc

I highly suspect a number of problems that exist whatever the outcomes of these meetings are before the start of the 2011 season, will still exist by the end of 2011....and will still be left unresolved.

I don't believe all the problems will be sorted . but this is the first time for many years when a situation has arisen where the way speedway is run has come under scrutiny , maybe the end result will be just 2 clubs rejoining the elite league. but I don't think Sandhu and Frost will wish to see the money spent on legal assistance go to waste now that they have come this far . and if nothing else the way the sport is run will have to be added to some agenda either now or in the near future. I can understand people getting a little impatient however the future of two elite clubs are more important than the fixture list of the national league in my estimation

I don't believe all the problems will be sorted . but this is the first time for many years when a situation has arisen where the way speedway is run has come under scrutiny , maybe the end result will be just 2 clubs rejoining the elite league. but I don't think Sandhu and Frost will wish to see the money spent on legal assistance go to waste now that they have come this far . and if nothing else the way the sport is run will have to be added to some agenda either now or in the near future. I can understand people getting a little impatient however the future of two elite clubs are more important than the fixture list of the national league in my estimation

whilst i understand you point Jim, but where do those Elite rider's origionate from YEP the NL, so if the NL lads look at your post they will probably be thinking Why Bother? yes the Elite league is important but so is our NL they are our future.

I can understand people getting a little impatient however the future of two elite clubs are more important than the fixture list of the national league in my estimation

If it was merely the fixture list I'd agree with you but it isn't.

There are at least three stand-alone clubs awaiting on the NL conference to determine if they are going to run next year. With all due respect to Peterborough & Coventry any concerns they have, they've basically brought upon themselves (walking out over assessed averages is frankly ridiculous and shows a complete lack of connection with reality..); and the ONLY link I can possibly see with their two situations and the NL is that maybe(and a VERY slight possibility this is, IMHO...) one or, even less likely, both of these tracks (Cov and P'boro that is..) might decide to enter the NL.

Well frankly IF they do, then I'm 100% certain that no-one will have any problem with them doing so later on..

So I'll say it again, people can go on about the EL situation and problems as much as they like but I cannot see ONE reason why this is holding up the NL meeting.

What I do also know is that if the NL meeting were to keep getting put back (and we've yet actually to have it confirmed that is btw..!) then there would be a very high danger of losing three tracks which intend or hope to compete in the 2011 season in the NL...

If it was merely the fixture list I'd agree with you but it isn't.

There are at least three stand-alone clubs awaiting on the NL conference to determine if they are going to run next year. With all due respect to Peterborough & Coventry any concerns they have, they've basically brought upon themselves (walking out over assessed averages is frankly ridiculous and shows a complete lack of connection with reality..); and the ONLY link I can possibly see with their two situations and the NL is that maybe(and a VERY slight possibility this is, IMHO...) one or, even less likely, both of these tracks (Cov and P'boro that is..) might decide to enter the NL.

Well frankly IF they do, then I'm 100% certain that no-one will have any problem with them doing so later on..

So I'll say it again, people can go on about the EL situation and problems as much as they like but I cannot see ONE reason why this is holding up the NL meeting.

What I do also know is that if the NL meeting were to keep getting put back (and we've yet actually to have it confirmed that is btw..!) then there would be a very high danger of losing three tracks which intend or hope to compete in the 2011 season in the NL...

I may be wrong , but hasn't the conference/N/L chairman's AGM always been mid late Jan.? I believe it was early this season cos there are many clubs changing leagues etc ?? no idea why it was put back, its pretty frustrating for prospective riders let alone promoters

NOT true

any chance of expanding that and letting the poor downtrodden speedway fan waiting on it know when its actually going to be then? i have assuemd you know as you have said its not true or is it just that its not happening and no new date has been set yet?

Dont have a go at me have a go at the poster who claims its on the 10th

hardly 'having a go'. your 'NOT true'post in response to Chris was certainly a lot more aggressive.

a lot of people on here, including respected posters involved with clubs, have posted that date. you must have a reason for stating its 'not true' so please share it with us instead of implying i am 'having a go' thats all. you seem to have omitted to do that in your reply

Edited by Bannakaffalatta

I was under the impression it was delayed (at least in part) as they were unsure how many clubs could be running? Either way I think that shouldn't be relevant; the rules can be decided by the clubs that are definitely running; if any other clubs want to join the league, they'd just have to accept those are the rules governing the league for this season.