British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Pawlicki scored so many because Poole's riders rode so abjectly. Pawlicki's position in the team should've made no difference. That Poole team should've rolled Coventry over easily enough. They let themselves and Poole down.

.............and whatever it takes, Poole and Matt Ford are never, ever, going to let that happen again!!

The source is Big Ron's comments where he quoted the teams who wanted 45 points - and Eastbourne weren't one of them! So don't really need any minutes when someone at the meeting is commenting in the public domain.

I await Red5's apology.

from what i can gather from shovlar that is ok for poole to bring in a "ringer" on a 4.00 average next season, but by god its a disgrace if anyone else could do it!

as ive said all along shamek does not have an average, therfore he should be assessed, the issue is that WE ALL NOW 4.00 is too low, solution was to make the assessed 6.00, coventry could not complain, but no we get a "made up average" and poole get there ringer in on a 4.00!

thats why its not right.

totally appreciate that 4 was too low but why havent they addresssed the REAL PROBLEM of shameks average? played the man not the ball, and we all know the answer is certain promoters wanted to bring guys in on a 4

Any team can bring in a 4 pointer. The rules allow it. Didn't Coventry bring in a 4 pointer early last season? Just because Poole have declared Andersson doesn't mean we will be the only team to do this. And who's to say our 4 pointer will score more than 4?

The reason clubs didn't rais the foriegner rul is simple. They all want to get 4 pointers in from abroad! And I think you will discover they HAVE addressed the real problem of Pawlicki's avrage.

I came on this morning to see if the big announcment has been made...only to find there probably won't BE an announcment until after Christmas and the same old tedious arguments carrying on! :rolleyes:

WRONG!!!

That rule is to stop mid-season cheating like Poole's in 2009. :approve:

It was brought in for that very reason and is the reason why Pawlicki will have his average adjusted, the same as EVERY RIDER who has ridden between 8-11 meetings. Wait and see if you don't believe me.

I wish people would stop using the 2010 rule book to argue their points as it's totally irrelevant as the discussions are around 2011. For all we know the whole thing could have been re-written.

This rule is in the 2011 rulebook as well.

Is that the dimmest post from the dimmest poster ever?

Oh dear. The usual bile from someone about to see that I am as usual, on the money with this. Can't win the argument so resorts to abuse. What a sad person.

I agree with your sentiments, but sadly, after seeing the forum bickering from both sides there will be some that claim this as a 'victory' for their side, which will of course lead to more sniping from those who see themselves as 'losers'.

If the Elite League does expand from the current 8 teams, then the Elite League and all it's supporters are the real winners.

I just hope that the Shovlars and Cookes etc. can lay down their arms and accept a Christmas armistice.

ATB

Dave

Maybe we could all meet for a game of football on Christmas Day in no mans land, Chieveley Services anyone?:D

Maybe we could all meet for a game of football on Christmas Day in no mans land, Chieveley Services anyone?:D

OK, but if you don't let me win, I'm taking my ball away! :D

ATB

Dave

I agree with your sentiments, but sadly, after seeing the forum bickering from both sides there will be some that claim this as a 'victory' for their side, which will of course lead to more sniping from those who see themselves as 'losers'.

If the Elite League does expand from the current 8 teams, then the Elite League and all it's supporters are the real winners.

I just hope that the Shovlars and Cookes etc. can lay down their arms and accept a Christmas armistice.

ATB

Dave

Does this latest news mean there will be quizzes in the understand bar after chrimbo?

Steve, it most probably will be but you can't know that for sure until the regulations are released.

You're just guessing

Does this latest news mean there will be quizzes in the understand bar after chrimbo?

I believe the quizzes are planned to go ahead whatever the outcome.

ATB

Dave

absolultley no way , according to google maps Chievely services is 6.18 miles closer to poole .Typical trying to move the goalposts nearer to your location. :D:D

Wait and see if you don't believe me.

I am as usual, on the money with this.

So - Are you Matt Ford :blink:

You seem so certain of everything - yet if you are only a supporter - like the rest of us - you know nothing for certain :rolleyes:

My gut feeling is that only Coventry will be back in the EL next year and Peterborough will be allowed to join the PL.

With Peterborough having let their talisman Bjerre sign for KL and the previous statement that they would not be running in the EL, I think that PL is the best they can hope for - but we will have to wait and see. If they do run EL I would have to question why on earth they let Bjerre go so quickly and easily!!

Edited by Steve0

:D

And despite some on here saying that an agreement has been reached with the BSPA backing down :D , the above shows that it hasn't happened but it would suggest that all 3 parties expect the matters to be resolved. :approve:

Let's hope the agreement is fair and final, and that the Bees are back in the EL.

Well said. The most sensible post today. :)

absolultley no way , according to google maps Chievely services is 6.18 miles closer to poole .Typical trying to move the goalposts nearer to your location. :D:D

Matt has apparently applied undue pressure to Google maps and Chieveley has been re declared as equidistant from Poole and Coventry for the purposes of Christmas Footy matches. This will also be discussed at the 2011 AGM for ratification. :D

Edited by Pirate Nick