British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

My gut feeling is that only Coventry will be back in the EL next year and Peterborough will be allowed to join the PL.

With Peterborough having let their talisman Bjerre sign for KL and the previous statement that they would not be running in the EL, I think that PL is the best they can hope for - but we will have to wait and see. If they do run EL I would have to question why on earth they let Bjerre go so quickly and easily!!

I agree but i feel the Panthers will be in the NL,Frost did say he wouldn't run in the EL without his friend Bjerre and as he has let him go to KL,i can't see how that can be changed.

My gut feeling is that only Coventry will be back in the EL next year and Peterborough will be allowed to join the PL.

With Peterborough having let their talisman Bjerre sign for KL and the previous statement that they would not be running in the EL, I think that PL is the best they can hope for - but we will have to wait and see. If they do run EL I would have to question why on earth they let Bjerre go so quickly and easily!!

Interesting when you consider that the Plymouth team signings are not listed on the BSPA listings for 2011. :o

Might just be that Bowen hasn't sent any paperwork to BSPA, even though there have been announcements.

Worth watching this one. :o

I agree but i feel the Panthers will be in the NL,Frost did say he wouldn't run in the EL without his friend Bjerre and as he has let him go to KL,i can't see how that can be changed.

or maybe a very clever move by Rick to get shot of Bjerre on such a high average with only 40 points to play with now. He may think he can now operate at that level with all his assets.

Firstly you have conveniently overlooked Hougaard from the previous year I see.

Okay, I shall add Hougaard to any future list. Perhaps now you see how prevalent this has become and how it needed to be addressed.

Can no one see how petty one-upmanship and stretching, bending and in some cases ignoring inconvenient rules is killing the sport. Last season we had the unedifying sight of seeing a meeting in the Premier Trophy being concluded with a race in which it seems no rider actually wanted to complete the race because Team A (Glasgow, as it happens) were about to re-declare and needed certain riders to have certain averages, while Team B (Edinburgh, by the way) saw what was going on and determined that they would stoop just as low to scupper the dastardly plan.

Look at the carry on with the totally unreliable Thomas H Jonasson. He missed a flight for a televised meeting and rather than Swindon take it on the chin, they declare him as "with-holding his services" and they did this just to get a facility for the meeting. This sort of nonsense has to stop, for the good of the sport.

Maybe we could all meet for a game of football on Christmas Day in no mans land, Chieveley Services anyone?:D

Blackadder: How could I forget it? I was never offside!

Matt has apparently applied undue pressure to Google maps and Chieveley has been re declared as equidistant from Poole and Coventry for the purposes of Christmas Footy matches. This will also be discussed at the 2011 AGM for ratification. :D

If it's not going to be ratified until 2011 we will play then. Gut under 2010 rules . That means we can use David Beckham . and at the st :D roke of midinght it's back to the trenches

If it's not going to be ratified until 2011 we will play then. Gut under 2010 rules . That means we can use David Beckham . and at the st :D roke of midinght it's back to the trenches

Anyone willing to have me in their team. I'd come in on a 3.49 goal per game average so would be expensive. That average does include the North West Norfolk FA average reduction of 2.5% due to never receiving a yellow or red card.

Can I bring me Polish mate along. He's not very good. Honest. :D

I would not let them in uless they abide by the rules if the agm

We hardly know many rules and regs but as we are all working to a 40 point limit ill assume Cov will be doing the same.

Steve, it most probably will be but you can't know that for sure until the regulations are released.

You're just guessing

Thats goes for 99.99% of all posters on the subject then!

We are ALL just guessing really!!!! :P

Can I bring me Polish mate along. He's not very good. Honest. :D

sorry no room for mr sheen , we just finalised the team with a big money signing from west norfolk . try to get him a game for another team next year and we'll see about a place in 2012 ,provided he can keep his goalscoring down to a minmum

correct it did say that poole were the most successfull team of recent years!

how inacurate is that!

Why is it inaccurate....show me the colour of your concrete.

Why is it inaccurate....show me the colour of your concrete.

Because it's only "accurate" is you assume "recent" is 10 years. Any more or less and Poole are not the most successful. Take 6 years, can you beat 3 league titles, 2 knock out cups and 2 craven shields plus 2 pairs titles.

Im surprised there still hasent been any concrete announcement yet. I thought we were expecting one today?

Edited by Pirates Of Poole