British Speedway Forum
westo97

Grand Prix Speedway 2011

I'd put my money on a Polish rider being World Individual Speedway Champion in 2011. :wink:

Maybe a little biased, but I personally feel Fredrik Lindgren will make big strides this season and will be around the top five with a few rostrums and possibly his first GP win. There is no way a rider should dominate as he does here and not make the break through and at still only 25, he has time to develop a lot more.

In a perfect world, I would like to see Freddie or Emil lift the title, possibly Emil has the better chance if he can use his brain a bit more than sheer guts and determination, with Kolodiej third oerall.

Goodbye to the top 10 for Hancock and Harris as riding BV wont help him one bit as he will be more used to road racing.

E/W bet in certain GP's for Artem Laguta who may not make the top 10, but will have the odd round where he looks brilliant.

It has felt the last couple of years that he is only ever a 'click' away from starting to make things stick..... I don't know what the issue has been for him but it has looked psychological ....... I guess the thing we can say with any kind of sureity is that time is now starting to run out for him and he needs to start matching the guys at the top

The rider who has the most perfect gating set up will win without a doubt, who's it gonna be this year, ermmmmmmm

did you watch last year's competition Trees?

I'm not disputing at all that to win the competition you need to be gating decently but to suggest it needs to be perfect would be giving an impression that doesnt fit with the racing last year

The rider who has the most perfect gating set up will win without a doubt, who's it gonna be this year, ermmmmmmm

still not cleaned them glasses i see :lol:

when it all went breasts up

Proof that comedy isn't always reliant on profanities. What a gem.

It has felt the last couple of years that he is only ever a 'click' away from starting to make things stick.....

Like I said, he's a Swedish version of Nicholls. For years people were saying Nicholls was only ever a "click" away from starting to make things stick.

Like I said, he's a Swedish version of Nicholls. For years people were saying Nicholls was only ever a "click" away from starting to make things stick.

It take a special type of rider to be WC. Belittle Nicholls and Lindgren all you like, they are both v.good riders.

It take a special type of rider to be WC. Belittle Nicholls and Lindgren all you like, they are both v.good riders.

They are yes. Sadly Lindgren has not shown anything at GP level to suggest he will become a WC.

I dont see anything similar about the two riders at all

Keep your money in your pocket. On what grounds could Hampel be world champion. A very fast starter ,if not one of the fastest of the GP riders but how many times does he ever come from the back.

Hampel has had quite a few good races from the back, would not put him down as a gater like Kasprzak, Richardson etc

Give it up, fellow. Lindgren is a Swedish version of Nicholls.

Hancock and Harris are much more likely to be in the top ten than Lindgren. He's a non-event in Poland and three rounds are staged in Poland. You can point to his EL dominance all you like, but in the altogether more serious Ekstraliga his average was 6.54. That's less than Sebastian Ułamek. Hell, it's less than Leon Madsen.

8 PTS - LESZNO, POLAND ...... Same as Harris, more than AJ, Hancock and Gollob

6 PTS - TORUN, POLAND ...... More than Harris, Bjerre, AJ and above Hancock

11 PTS - BYDGOSZCZ, POLAND ...... more than Crump, Holder, Hampel, Bjerre and Gollob

May not be World Champion class results but 1.5/3 same as Harris while 2/3 in Poland were better than AJ, Bjerre, Hancock ..... and even Gollob ... and he did ok last season ;)

Gating is one problem for Freddie and he did ride too tight but now does let the bike go more and I firmly believe he will be much better this year

Keep your money in your pocket. On what grounds could Hampel be world champion. A very fast starter ,if not one of the fastest of the GP riders but how many times does he ever come from the back.

Hampel now being the number 1 at Leszno in place of Leigh Adams I believe will put him in a very good place to build a strong Challenge this year. I think Crumpie will be there or there abouts, but don't think Gollob can keep up the intensity of his work rate for a second year running... from reports, he put so much of himself into last year, I just feel that this will take its' toll. Emil is still an unknown quantity to a great degree, he could be incredible or average! Bomber could again be a dark horse and has the potential to be top 3 or 4.

I'll predict the top 15 as...

1 J. Hampel

2 J. Crump

3 C. Holder

4 T. Gollob

5 C. Harris

6 E. Sayfutdinov

7 J. Kolodziej

8 N. Pedersen

9 K. Bjerre

10 R. Holta

11 G. Hancock

12 F. Lindgren

13 A. Jonsson

14 A. Lindback

15 A. Laguta

Gating is one problem for Freddie and he did ride too tight but now does let the bike go more and I firmly believe he will be much better this year

But didn't you also think he would be much better in 2010 than he was in 2009? And didn't you, in common with many Lindgrenites confidently predict that once he'd made it through the qualifiers in 2010 (the principal difference between him and Nicholls - Lindgren generally does the qualifiers) that he'd easily make it into the top eight? Why do you set yourself up for such a fall?

I'll predict the top 15 as...

12 F. Lindgren

15 A. Laguta

Oh ye of little faith .....

As for Artem, I cant see him troubling the top boys that much, but wouldn't be suprised to see him have a few very good rounds too !

But didn't you also think he would be much better in 2010 than he was in 2009? And didn't you, in common with many Lindgrenites confidently predict that once he'd made it through the qualifiers in 2010 (the principal difference between him and Nicholls - Lindgren generally does the qualifiers) that he'd easily make it into the top eight? Why do you set yourself up for such a fall?

I will admit Freddie was disappointing in 2010 GP's considering his true form, but for me he made too many vital mistakes at the wrong times.

Trying to cut back, trying to get the win and losing second place .... all dropped points which on a few occasions was the difference between getting in the semi finals or not. .... I did think he would either win or come very close to getting a GP round win last year .... but I have every faith in him getting much higher up this year and less mistakes .... Remember he is just 25 still so has plenty of years to progress ;)