British Speedway Forum

I m going to ask a question which i might get cained for asking but i m going to ask it anyway.

I ve just seen on Facebook Lee Richardson complaining about having to be at Scunthorpe on Friday when Lakeside at Coventry. Then he goes on to say is there any wonder why he quit team GB.

My Question is What do other people think. If he has Quit Team GB should he be Invited to ride in the British Championships?

My Opinion is if you dont want to ride for your Country you shouldn't have the right to be crowned Champion of your Country.

Edited by Superstar1

I think the consideration of whether Richardson should have the opportunity of being crowned British Champion is an academic point at best.

As much as I'm no fan of Scott Nicholls, at least in a recent interview he was quoted as saying that being British Champion is important to him (as opposed to being wildcard at Cardiff). He goes on to say that Poles, Danes, Swedes, - whoever - all attach importance to being their National Champion.

But not Lee Richardson.

All of which sums up his lack of ambition & achievement, along with others, and is symptamatic of GB's decline.

Edited by Backless

I ve just seen on Facebook Lee Richardson complaining about having to be at Scunthorpe on Friday when Lakeside at Coventry. Then he goes on to say is there any wonder why he quit team GB.

Utter trip.

All he said was "What is going on!!!! British semi final this Friday!!!! Errr lakeside at Coventry!! Nice to just re arrange it without consulting riders!!!"

I think the consideration of whether Richardson should have the opportunity of being crowned British Champion is an academic point at best.

As much as I'm no fan of Scott Nicholls, at least in a recent interview he was quoted as saying that being British Champion is important to him (as opposed to being wildcard at Cardiff). He goes on to say that Poles, Danes, Swedes, - whoever - all attach importance to being their National Champion.

But not Lee Richardson.

All of which sums up his lack of ambition & achievement, along with others, and is symptamatic of GB's decline.

1. It's nice to see a rider caring about his club.

2. Lee Richardson is the only British rider still riding regular EL speedway with a World Championship to his name.

At Lees age (32), I can see why he doesn't have ambition any more.Its one thing to have it at 22 but by the time you're 32, you have to realise what your level is.

Utter trip.

All he said was "What is going on!!!! British semi final this Friday!!!! Errr lakeside at Coventry!! Nice to just re arrange it without consulting riders!!!"

It was known very early on after the meeting cancelation last fridat that this meeting was gonna take place this friday he makes it sound like its only been decided today. Its been advertised on Scunthorpe's site since at least last Saturday.

It was known very early on after the meeting cancelation last fridat that this meeting was gonna take place this friday he makes it sound like its only been decided today. Its been advertised on Scunthorpe's site since at least last Saturday.

But was Lee (and all other rider) informed of this? The riders should not have to check out the Scunthorpe website.

It was announced when they announced the abandonment.

The jist was:

"Tonight's meeting is off. We'll try again next Friday."

Perhaps he should whisper it on here, then nobody would know it was him

:lol:

I'm assuming Scunthorpe applied to host this meeting, if it was too much to take on then perhaps it should be moved to a different venue next year.

:lol:

I'm assuming Scunthorpe applied to host this meeting, if it was too much to take on then perhaps it should be moved to a different venue next year.

Peed it down with rain just before tapes up-nothing to do with Scunthorpe not been able to take it on. It got rained off, this event takes precedent over all league/cup matches everybody knew that so rearranged asap . :rolleyes:

Peed it down with rain just before tapes up-nothing to do with Scunthorpe not been able to take it on. It got rained off, this event takes precedent over all league/cup matches everybody knew that so rearranged asap . :rolleyes:

I know it rained. But from the comments that I've read about your promoter being distraught seem a little OTT imo. There is always a chance that the rain will cause an abandonment, therefore, this should have been in mind.

Rob Godfrey seems like he opens his mouth before engaging brain sometimes but he is passionate about his speedway, created and runs the best racetrack in the country and has produced numerous younguers through the training facilities there so I think talk of having the semi elsewhere is a little wide of the mark. Does it really come as a suprise that the authorities are getting the blame for not keeping the riders informed though? I think we all know what they are like by now when it comes to British riders and Team GB.

Rob Godfrey seems like he opens his mouth before engaging brain sometimes but he is passionate about his speedway, created and runs the best racetrack in the country and has produced numerous younguers through the training facilities there so I think talk of having the semi elsewhere is a little wide of the mark. Does it really come as a suprise that the authorities are getting the blame for not keeping the riders informed though? I think we all know what they are like by now when it comes to British riders and Team GB.

Meow, would you like a saucer of milk with that :rofl:

Is there anyone going to the restaging of the 1st semi (or what was the 1st semi) who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Lee Richardson should be forgotten about for GB. Let him ride for his club. He has in the main done a good job for Team GB but now he has decided to give it up, let him concentrate on his club.

Edited by NathanB

Lee Richardson should be forgotten about for GB. Let him ride for his club. He has in the main done a good job for Team GB but now he has decided to give it up, let him concentrate on his club.

From Lakeside's website:

"Lee Richardson was refused permission by the BSPA to withdraw from the re-arranged British Semi Final at Scunthorpe ... after the rider expressed his wish to put Club first."