British Speedway Forum

Second that.

We were discussing this tonight. Woffinden will get a seeded place no problem.

Stead? Now I don't really know how bad his injury was/is. Will he be ready in two weeks ? :unsure:

I'd like to see Josh get the second place. For a bit of bad luck last night, he would have..

He put in a mighty performance and scored what was only one point off what Richardson scored tonight and I wouldn't pay that waster in washers .. :rolleyes:

We were discussing this tonight. Woffinden will get a seeded place no problem.

Stead? Now I don't really know how bad his injury was/is. Will he be ready in two weeks ? :unsure:

I'd like to see Josh get the second place. For a bit of bad luck last night, he would have..

He put in a mighty performance and scored what was only one point off what Richardson scored tonight and I wouldn't pay that waster in washers .. :rolleyes:

On what grounds should Auty get the 2nd seed ahead of two injured 'world cup' riders?....just a question before you jump down my throat

2 world cup riders were missing, so naturally the 2 seeds would go to them. but given the sport and injuries that occur this may not be possible.

Tai Woffinden should naturally get 1 of them, and if Stead isn't fit then the 2nd place would be between Auty and Hart, who both scored 7 and were 8th in each semi. Are they going to choose between them or give them a race-off before the final?

Stead is a 6-7 point EL rider who has reached his level. Auty is a youngster who looks like he might do something in the sport. I'm sure people would far rather far watch Auty than Stead.

On what grounds should Auty get the 2nd seed ahead of two injured 'world cup' riders?....just a question before you jump down my throat

I didn't say he should did I? I said I would like to see him get a seeded place if Stead isn't fit. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacques

2 world cup riders were missing, so naturally the 2 seeds would go to them. but given the sport and injuries that occur this may not be possible.

Tai Woffinden should naturally get 1 of them, and if Stead isn't fit then the 2nd place would be between Auty and Hart, who both scored 7 and were 8th in each semi. Are they going to choose between them or give them a race-off before the final?

It was announmced befor the meeting started last night that there would only be race off's for last qualifier place/places " after count backs "

ie; most 3s,2s.1s then if still level the rider who beat the other rider in their race, ( obviously Auty and Hart didn't ride against each other ) I guess you can work it out cozywitch. My take on it is, because both these riders had a chance ( a lot of riders have had some bad luck ) I'd go for Simon Stead and Wuffy they haven't had a chance yet because of injury.

It was announmced befor the meeting started last night that there would only be race off's for last qualifier place/places " after count backs "

ie; most 3s,2s.1s then if still level the rider who beat the other rider in their race, ( obviously Auty and Hart didn't ride against each other ) I guess you can work it out cozywitch. My take on it is, because both these riders had a chance ( a lot of riders have had some bad luck ) I'd go for Simon Stead and Wuffy they haven't had a chance yet because of injury.

I'm aware they didn't race against each other. I was going on if simon stead wasn't fit for the final, with both of them scoring 7 how would they choose between josh and jerran as both were 8th in there respective semi's as I personally can't think of a rider to automatically take the other spot if simon ain't fit.

I'm aware they didn't race against each other. I was going on if simon stead wasn't fit for the final, with both of them scoring 7 how would they choose between josh and jerran as both were 8th in there respective semi's as I personally can't think of a rider to automatically take the other spot if simon ain't fit.

Would Jerran be fit for the final? He came a cropper in his last ride last night, looked like he was having treatment to his arm...any updates?

2. Lee Richardson is the only British rider still riding regular EL speedway with a World Championship to his name.

Pure semantics. World U21 counts for nothing, Emil turned his back on it pronto, didn't David Howe achieve 4th in it aged 16/17? I remember you having a go and people who supported his wild card bid a couple of years ago. You cannot have it both ways, by saying aged 32, a World U21 counts for something, yet Howe isn't worthy of a Wild card when he was mid 20s. Then list all the riders who triumphed in World U21 and didn't achieve much after.

I remember attending the World U21 at Coventry in 1991, Brian Andersen achieved limited success afterwards, Morten Andersen, Joe Screen and Jacob Olsen less so...

I think Chris Harris' Cardiff victory tops a World U21 crown. By a LONG, LONG, LONG way. Even Nicholls 5 time British Champion in which Richardson was in opposition every time, and Harris is 3 time British Champion in the Richardson era.

Richardson was a fluke World U21 champion in a one off final, never managed a British U21 crown, a British Champion. Of active riders, both Harris and Nicholls have 5 podiums each in GPs, compared to 2 for Richardson who also collected more 4th places in 4 man GP heats. Ironically, it is five years ago this weekend I was in Eskilstuna to see him collect 5 0's, despite gating 1st a couple of times. Utterly woeful in that one.

Edited by Authorised

I think it should be Woffinden & Stead. As unlucky as Auty appeared to be he had a chance to qualify whereas the other two did not.

As unlucky as Auty appeared to be he had a chance to qualify whereas the other two did not.

Don't go pissing about on a BMX bike during speedway season, then :P

Auty for the final !

Thats a very good argument :D

Hart fell on his own. Auty and Olly Allen suffered bike trouble to stop them qualifying. Why would Hart get the nod ahead of either of those two? :unsure: