British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vicar

Old Silencers In Poland!

There are not any noise issues with Gubbängen.

They have police permission to race in 2011, CET 19.00 to CET 22.00 on racedays.

They have never what Iam aware of being permitted to train on Gubbängen.

There are no tracks in Sweden that have noise issues.

This new silencers are a product of three tracks in Germany closed due to noise and Birmingham Brummies was under threat, that's all tracks.

Not strictly true Tarabanko. One of the reasons (NOT the only reason) that Bysarna closed was noise related, and proposed locations have been turned down on environmental grounds including noise.

Rusky--> 2001 was Bysarna forced to sell Galgberget to Visby Municipality and not because of noise issues. Bysarna was forced to sell Galgberget as Bysarna was

owed 350.000:- Swedish crownes to riders.

Link here: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/motor/article24749.ab

New 80cc track is being build now at a place called Hejdeby link: http://www.svenskalag.se/news.asp?teamID=1227

/ Mikael

Rusky--> 2001 was Bysarna forced to sell Galgberget to Visby Municipality and not because of noise issues. Bysarna was forced to sell Galgberget as Bysarna was

owed 350.000:- Swedish crownes to riders.

Link here: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/motor/article24749.ab

New 80cc track is being build now at a place called Hejdeby link: http://www.svenskalag.se/news.asp?teamID=1227

/ Mikael

Tarabanko, as I said above Noise was NOT the only reason, but one of them. It was not possible to run speedway at Galgberget, and get within the noise limit required without spending lots of money, which would of put the club even further in debt. I also hear that the newly proposed venue is unlikely to run as environmental issues are considered a major issue.

Statement From Svemo

"We will not buckle under pressure from the Polish and will not withdraw from the previously signed contract we have with the FIM. Not a chance," said Per Westling, secretary general of Svemo.

"Svemo supports the decision as we know that the reduction in sound levels is a must for some tracks and for the sport to survive.

"Sounds levels today are a real threat to a number of tracks in Sweden, England and Denmark. Some tracks in these countries have already had to be shut because of the noise."

Svemo do include Sweden amongst the countries that have noise issues.So why would he do that if there are no problems as Ghostwalker and tarabanko state? :unsure:

Tarabanko, as I said above Noise was NOT the only reason, but one of them. It was not possible to run speedway at Galgberget, and get within the noise limit required without spending lots of money, which would of put the club even further in debt. I also hear that the newly proposed venue is unlikely to run as environmental issues are considered a major issue.

sorry Rusky.

Read to fast.

Svemo do include Sweden amongst the countries that have noise issues.So why would he do that if there are no problems as Ghostwalker and tarabanko state? :unsure:

I wonder to.

I do believe it is some ars* licking to the power at FIM to satisfy them the FIM people.

People that are not interested in Speedway just sitting at their fat ars** and playing important. They are not living in the real world, as the most politicians.

Harsh words maybe, but it is the way I feel at SVEMO. SVEMO is a clown federation in the most issues.

SVEMO is in my eyes killing Speedway and all the people that are burning for the sport.

Here it Britain it must be a major plus factor when new venues for speedway are being applied for that noise levels are at the lowest level possible ............ having said that I do hope that all riders can overcome any problems with the new silencers, I would hate to think that the things might be causing accidents!

I hope they'll come to an agreement before the series kick off. The sport will survive without the Poles, but they will be sorely missed. I follow Swedish elite on Canal+, and will be gutted not to see Holta racing, aswell as Gollob, PP, Kolodziej and the other Poles. Why hasn't there been further development on these silencers if they are a safety hazard? Surely contracts and money, but nevertheless further research and development should be done to root out safety hazards before noise reductions.

As for the electric speedway bike: If this is the future, just shoot me and bury me at Riska or Elgane along with the proper engines.

I hope they'll come to an agreement before the series kick off. The sport will survive without the Poles, but they will be sorely missed. I follow Swedish elite on Canal+, and will be gutted not to see Holta racing, aswell as Gollob, PP, Kolodziej and the other Poles. Why hasn't there been further development on these silencers if they are a safety hazard? Surely contracts and money, but nevertheless further research and development should be done to root out safety hazards before noise reductions.

As for the electric speedway bike: If this is the future, just shoot me and bury me at Riska or Elgane along with the proper engines.

Holta has already stated that if PZM ban him from riding in the Swedish League he will take out a Norwegian license again. I'd love to have him back to represent his country Norway again officially in the Grand Prix. But in Poland his remarks have caused quite a stir, they call him traitor already.

A swithc back on a Norwegian license would of course make him a foreigner again in the Polish league and cause problems for him on this front. Don't know what his new club Torun thinks of this idea. They have signed him as a "Polish" rider. :(

A swithc back on a Norwegian license would of course make him a foreigner again in the Polish league and cause problems for him on this front. Don't know what his new club Torun thinks of this idea. They have signed him as a "Polish" rider.

The Polish restrictions are illegal anyway. Just threaten to take them to court...

I wonder to.

I do believe it is some ars* licking to the power at FIM to satisfy them the FIM people.

People that are not interested in Speedway just sitting at their fat ars** and playing important. They are not living in the real world, as the most politicians.

Harsh words maybe, but it is the way I feel at SVEMO. SVEMO is a clown federation in the most issues.

SVEMO is in my eyes killing Speedway and all the people that are burning for the sport.

Dont expect much support from England.We live in a very politically correct society were we are now very reluctant to challenge rules and laws imposed on us from outsde bodies from europe.We just submit even if its too the detrement of our country or in this case the detrement of our sport.Even if people dont agree with it they will just put up with it and it gets forgotten.It looks like we are heading down the road to silent speedway to satisfy the enviromentalists,count me out.

I wonder to.

My sources tell me that there is at least one Elitserien club that has been warned by its local council that it must reduce noise in the coming years, or they will not allow it to continue.

My sources tell me that there is at least one Elitserien club that has been warned by its local council that it must reduce noise in the coming years, or they will not allow it to continue.

so what is the source and which tracks(s) is it.

It looks like we are heading down the road to silent speedway to satisfy the enviromentalists

Whilst I'm certainly no supporter of the so-called environmentalists, the reality is that noise levels have consistently come down in speedway and many other motor sports over the years. If there are ways of running the sport with the minimal of aggravation from outside parties, then those options should be explored.

The noise for some is part-and-parcel of the sport, but equally the smell was once considered part of the sport and that's changed over the years. Fans will adapt if changes happen slowly over time.