British Speedway Forum

Somebody has got to come out in Leicesters defence and that is obviously me.....You are clearly a coventry fan who very nearly lost your team this winter and after a maelstome of FB groups Radio interviews and campaigning (this may have helped who knows) got it back.

I have taken the 'sad git' approach and checked back on the updates on the fanatstic racing you get at Brandon and I'm affraid the texter seems to have missed off all the great passes and 'on the line winning you get there'. and if time was available and could be bothered I would find it pretty similar at other tracks.

I am sorry you feel you can't bring yourself to come but I am getting a little tired of the hatchet job on Leicester Speedway week after week. No fans shouldn't just be greatful for anything at any price just because it is back but some people could do with looking at their own back yard before they criticise other people's.

Maybe the price is a little high (a couple of quid I throw that away in excess weekly shopping) but the stadium is in it's first season and some money does have to be recouped. When increments and so on come round next year and the year after the price will reflect the improvement in finances at the club.I believe the price for the 4's is set by the BSPA as is the program.

I was dissapointed with the call off and I shall be going to the re-run if I am not busy with a previous engagement.

Nobody denies that there are teething issues and the banks can get a little muddy in the rain as for tretarous and dangerous conditions I didn't feel like slipping once.

Sorry I could have replied to any number of posts on here but selected yours.

Maybe I'm expecting to much to soon, I don't know.

There is no question that they have dropped a major clanger with the track. It is putting people off going to watch speedway at Leicester. First impressions, in most things in life, are very important. The fact of the matter is the racing is not enjoyable. Nowhere is perfect I've seen some real boring meetings at Sheffield for instance.

However, most heats at Leicester are very follow the leader. It is considered a highlight when you actually get a heat with racing in it. You would have thought that Sunday, and I know the rain didn't help, with the calibre of riders taking part that there might have been some decent racing. I believe that a lot of riders don't feel safe riding the track.

Fact of the matter is at start of the season only Leicester & Glasgow applied for the meeting & at the time Peterborough were searching on the floor for their dummy that they had spat out.

That's finally answered the point I've made on a few occasions about whether anyone else was willing to stage it then :t:

Edited by 40-38

I think were being a bit harsh on the promotion at Leicester here , yes I was there , no I didn't enjoy it , yes the banks were very slippy (to the person that said they wasn't above) but they are in the first season and are having teething problems and the BSPA not Leicester are to blame here for giving them the meeting IMO.

My third time there and its the same everytime with the processional racing but I am sure they will make changes to the track in the winter and sort it and get some steps put on the bends , everything else about the track is fine.

Sheffield didn't make it any better for us and we were on a downer from heat two but they are proper speedway people that are running the show and they will get it sorted I'm sure.

It was £20 for the entire meeting yesterday, but anyone with a ticket gets a £5 discount for the re-staging of the final? :blink:

It is an absolute DISGRACE :angry:.

It is an absolute DISGRACE :angry:.

I agree. You're not likely to attract the casual fan back for that. In fact I'm not even sure I'm that bothered if they're charging me £15 on top of what I've already paid for my cloakroom ticket. Plus the crafty sods running it over 16 heats means a new programme will be needed and you can bet your bottom dollar they won't throw it in gratis.

yes the banks were very slippy (to the person that said they wasn't above)

In response to trecharous and dangerous. I said it was muddy. I wore trainers footwear conducive with slippery surfaces I said I didnt feel like Iwas going to slip.

To add to that I didnt see anybody else slipping all over the place either.

Edited by TMW

Some of the comments on this thread are so harsh - nobody can help it raining. :shock:

With 12 or more heats completed, the readmission policy is "no refunds", so to give a £5 discount despite there being 16 heats yesterday is a nice gesture.

Earlier in the year, there was a GP abandoned after 16 races, do you honestly think BSI gave out discounts to those in attendance? Not on your nelly. As I said, nice gesture by the BSPA, shame that some still have a moan. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Earlier in the year, there was a GP abandoned after 16 races, do you honestly think BSI gave out discounts to those in attendance? Not on your nelly. As I said, nice gesture by the BSPA, shame that some still have a moan. :rolleyes:

We had a winner of that GP. If the BSPA can't gve a result, people have not got what they paid for, so people should get in for nothing next time. It's not for the fans to worry about, the BSPA should pay insurence for these situations (or take the hit themselves). No result, people get in free next time in run.

We had a winner of that GP. If the BSPA can't gve a result, people have not got what they paid for, so people should get in for nothing next time. It's not for the fans to worry about, the BSPA should pay insurence for these situations (or take the hit themselves). No result, people get in free next time in run.

Imagine the BSF would have gone into meltdown if the BSPA had abandoned the meeting and awarded it to the highest scoring team :rolleyes:

As for all the posts on here moaning about 2nd/3rd time going to Beaumont Park and not going again it's your choice and if you didn't like it the first time why bother going again ?? I went the Cov v Poole elite league meeting a couple of weeks ago witnessed 11 FTG races stood miles too far from the track for my liking and didn't enjot it so guess what I won't go again. I also won't keep coming on here moaning about it because I drove 20 odd miles up the M69 paid my £16 all by my own choice nobody forced me.

Strange how most of these moaners aren't from Workington, Ipswich or Somerset :rolleyes:

Cheers

Warren

to award the meeting to leicster would have caused a big big argument yes they looked the best team up to the cut off point but there were 2 teams also going into the final stage who had not raced against leicster and whats to say that workington and ipswich wouldnt win every heat between them so best outcome is to restage the final withthe 4 teams that qualify as for the price 6 and 2 3's too be honest the promotion have to restage so theres extra cost involved but the £20 price tag is a little over the odds but i guess thats the bspa wanting there cut

BSPA don't take a cut, they take it all BSPA are only intrested fleecing fans out of hard earned cash. Just imagine all the critics who Leicester should not have been in that meeting , if they then award the title to Leicester

there would be more riots then in Tottenham :rolleyes:

Some of the comments on this thread are so harsh - nobody can help it raining. :shock:

With 12 or more heats completed, the readmission policy is "no refunds", so to give a £5 discount despite there being 16 heats yesterday is a nice gesture.

All the best

Rob

Quite agree with you Rob. :approve:

I did not go yesterday but I will say this;

I do feel sorry for the Leicester Promotion, I think they copping a load of flak on here that is not necessarily their fault.

The BSPA seriously need to look at the pricing policy, £20 is a heck of a lot of money to charge, the average Premier League meeting costs around £15, so that is a massive jump in prices.

For a new stadium Leicester is very good, but it still has a feel of a stadium that still needs developing, the staff that help out on race days are exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the facilities that they have a generally good.

But in saying that there is no way should they have been given an event like this to run, they don't have the experience and the facilities to run this kind of event.

The uncover parts of the stadium where most people are going to be standing are nothing more than muddy banks, and if it rains or has rained are pretty treacherous, and your shoes getting literally covered in thick mud.

The other thing that I notice from my last visit was the lack of information coming from the promotion over delays, I don't know whether this was done this time or not but my past experience is that they have been poor, people need to be kept informed.

I really do think that it is time for the BSPA to wake up and have a set criteria for stadiums to run these kind of events. I really don't think that they thought this one through, and if no club applies to run an event that fits the criteria, then scrap it.

I am sure that with time Leicester will sort out the stadium problems and the track that every one seems to be universally in agreement with, and will become a very good venue for this kind of event, but there is no way it should have been this season.

Yep it was rained off because it was a fantastically sunny evening. Maybe you didn't see any rain as you were stood under your bridge waiting for another victim to try to come by you? At least our riders don't have to cheat to win.

I readily admit to never going to leicester ( notice the lower case L great way of having a subtle dig ) I do however live not too far away ( I'm not saying that to try to claim any impartiality by the way it's a fact ) so as i never saw any rain . I must assume you are making it up as a cover for yet another disaster of your own making .

And as for you 2 well i'm apalled, appalled I say :shock:

Edited by TMW

I don't think many, if any, other tracks would not have had a complete washout with that amount of rain. With the quality of the drainage I think it does Leicester no favours that on these wet occasions the track keeps ending up quite rideable but no fun to watch. This is the 3rd time the track has copped a lot of flack for quality of racing when at pretty much any other stadium the preceding rain would have mean't the meeting wouldn't have gone ahead at all. I'm not sure having such great drainage is any advantage to the watching paying public though!

The standing area mud is absolutely not defendable though. To spend any amount of hard earned money to put up with that is not on.

What is really annoying is that as Gemini and others mention it's doesn't look an expensive problem to solve in the short term.

Mick.

Edited by volty