British Speedway Forum

Why is Somerset Rebels reserve Holder riding for The Rebels, Hefenbrock has a higher average and he is due back from injury this Friday?

Who cares . It's a novelty event , if the home side had to field a team of second strings and reserves it would seriously affect the crowd . The paying public want to see the best riders possible .

In saying that , it's blown all qualifying criteria out of the water , wonder what the powers that be will do next year .

This is why it should always be on an EL track....

Just seen the Leicester side, what an absolute joke!!! ... These events should always be on a neutral track... Newport fans should be pig sick that they are not involved in this with the top 4 they have

A total and utter disgrace how Leicester get to do what the hell they like and field whatever team they like despite Magnus Karlsson only riding 2 meetings for them. Utter shambles.

I couldnt give a damn if Newport weren't in it due to certain riders not riding enough meetings and Leicester were treated the same way but its a joke how Leicester can field Karlsson (2 meetings) and kauko (3 meetings). If one team can do this, the home team or not, then all teams should be able to.

The BSPA were always a bunch of tosspotts but this has well and truly made the sport look ameteur and a total shambles. They should hang their heads in shame.

Slowly starting to lose interest now and its not just because its my team. Newport's four of Doyle/Gjedde/Lanham and Sedgmen would be a very hard team to face, it would mean we are in a competition that we havent been in since it was held at Swindon in 2003 and it would of given us something to cheer about had we won.

My thoughts would be the same whatever team it was, whether it was Berwick, Scunthorpe, Plymouth or Rye. It makes a total mockery of the sport.

I agree that it should be held at a EL track, it wouldnt affect the crowd that much. Thousands of away fans travel to these events, I remember 2002 at Coventry there was about 2-3000 fans there.

Huge farce and another nail in British Speedways coffin.

I don't care that Leicester get to field their strongest 4 but it is unfair on Newport and other teams who have had changes especially due to injury! We should be allowed to choose the 4 riders we want!

Why should the host qualify automatically anyway...? Not as if the crowd would suffer as shown in previous years on neutral tracks.....us fans know nothing though and are taken for granted yet again....they never listen to the fans and wonder why speedway is strangling itself.

Edited by Arson fire

BSPA hang your heads in shame, if Doyle, Gjedde and Sedgy hadnt had done enough meetings then fair enough, but this takes the biscuit. Karlsson, Bager and Niemenen havent even done more than four metings each for the the Lions, yet Doyle, Gjedde and Sedgmen have done 10, Charlie has done 9. Complete joke. Double standards. End of.

Edited by LFC1892

Who cares . It's a novelty event , if the home side had to field a team of second strings and reserves it would seriously affect the crowd . The paying public want to see the best riders possible .

In saying that , it's blown all qualifying criteria out of the water , wonder what the powers that be will do next year .

I totally agree. As said in the article there is a massive promotional effort going on to attract new fans and how would that be helped by Leicester coming bottom with a team of reserves? At least this way they'll be competitive, can't see them winning but its better than the alternative.

I totally agree. As said in the article there is a massive promotional effort going on to attract new fans and how would that be helped by Leicester coming bottom with a team of reserves? At least this way they'll be competitive, can't see them winning but its better than the alternative.

Then let them use who they want but also allow teams like Newport to ride. You cant have one set of rules for the hosts and another rule for the other 7 clubs!! Its a total shambles.

I would say if Leicester win this it'll be a hollow victory but have they won at home yet? :D

I'd say I hope everyone stays away but people will want to support their teams but I hope the neutrals stay away. It's the only way to let the BSPA know we don't like the way they piss around with the rules.

Im a somerset fan im not going to this event like i did last year i agree newport should be there its a shambles with the leicester issue

Piss off BSPA. Newport have 3 riders currently averaging 9+ for the Wasps including bonus points and they overlook this.. It's laughable in all honesty. Can't give the bullrubbish that Newport didn't qualify because their riders hadn't rode enough meetings. Our 4 rode much more than Leicster's 4. You really can't call it a meeting with the best riders in.

Edit: It's great to see so many people disagree with this. Hopefully the BSPA will notice and re-think how they operate.

Edited by NWS

Seeing the amount of time this year we have lost due to guests in other teams who have benefitted from low rolling averages when our fans have kept going to watch in large numbers despite a silly rule, it's about time we had some luck with rules:-)

We don't win at home much anyway so probably won't make the Final?

Hopefully not. For your sake mostly. There will be a lot of angry people around if Leicester do in fact win.

Edited by NWS

Seeing the amount of time this year we have lost due to guests in other teams who have benefitted from low rolling averages when our fans have kept going to watch in large numbers despite a silly rule, it's about time we had some luck with rules:-)

We don't win at home much anyway so probably won't make the Final?

<abusive remark removed - cut it out please>

no wonder speedway is going down the pan with comments like that.

i hope it pisses down and the BSPA lose a fortune.What have they got against NEWPORT.