British Speedway Forum

I wish we'd gone with Mads instead of Bjerre least he would have got stuck in and had a go .

Good point, we would have had 2 riders to cheer then.Gp rider having 3 flipping(strongest word i reckon i can get away with) ef's in one meeting is either very very bad luck in which case i bet he is glad they happened tonight and not in practice or heaven forbid, in the gp, or if not luck a f*****g disgrace.I would imagine the majority of supporters in the crowd tonight were stars supporters, there to cheer their 2 riders on.hmm.

And???

Well the way people are talking you'd think that he has form as long as your arm for doing it in the past. Yet he scored double figures in every meeting he rode in over here last year directly before a GP.

As I said, it would seem his one point versus Coventry in the Play Offs is still fresh in your mind.

Like others though I would question why he kept using the same bike seeing as it kept playing up.

Edited by Bagpuss

Well the way people are talking you'd think that he has form as long as your arm for doing it in the past. Yet he scored double figures in every meeting he rode in over here last year directly before a GP.

As I said, it would seem his one point versus Coventry in the Play Offs is still fresh in your mind.

Like others though I would question why he kept using the same bike seeing as it kept playing up.

"And.." he was excellent for Peterborough. He was great at home for you guys, and just because he had a few poor showings doesn't mean he was dis-interested or otherwise.

Best team won - congrats to the Pirates and commiserations to the Aces - a great meeting with passing in about 75% of the heats and no injuries - can't ask for much more than that.

Ref's call was spot-on in the Semi - sorry Batch but you would have done exactly the same thing as Rooboy.

Final was a bit of deja-vu: I've already seen that race a few times in OzChamps this year - Darky's a shoo-in for a GP Wildcard this year - he keeps on improving.

Disappointed for Stars Fans with KB's showing; only low spot of the night for me.

Can't argue with any of that...

"And.." he was excellent for Peterborough. He was great at home for you guys, and just because he had a few poor showings doesn't mean he was dis-interested or otherwise.

Absolutely. He finished third in the EL averages yet gary moore calls him a disgrace. Rick Frost thinks very highly of him too, hardly the sentiments of a promoter whose number one doesn't care about his club or British speedway.

Brilliant win for the Pirates over "Coventry`s B Team" well done boys.............a small bit of revenge over Mr Harris for the 2010 play-off final!! :party::t::party:

Coventry's A team wouldn't have got anywhere near Holders and Ward tonight.;)

Bjerre has treated the British public with contempt ever since his 'broken' leg kept him out of Elite League speedway a few summers back, and yet mysteriously he was still able to ride on the continent. No surprise that he added another shameful night to his ever-growing catalogue

Yet he still rode excellently in the GP's last year! maybe we should all be lumping on the 20/1 E/W for Poland this weekend.

I think people need to stop the Kenneth Bjerre bashing already.

He looked OK in his first race. Had a puncture in his second. His lanyard came out of the cut out which he was franticly trying to get back in and carried on to finish his third heat and in the forth once he was at the back I just think he gave up for just simply being p!$$ed off. Simple as that really

Anyway

How bloody awesome where Ward & Holder. Outstanding they where and well done to them.

Coventry's A team wouldn't have got anywhere near Holders and Ward tonight.;)

Maybe, maybe not PN, but let's not forget Hans Andersen is head and shoulders the best team rider currently riding on these shores.

I just find it slightly coincidental that there is a grand prix this weekend and bjerre wasn't at the races tonight, call me a cynic but I just think he wasn't bothered

No I'm not happy for a rider to do that, and I don't believe that he did tonight. For a start I wouldn't expect our promotion to stand for it. Others have done in the past and didn't last very long.

Disappointed that he had bike problems? It amuses me that everybody is a machine examiner all of a sudden. And I think its a great shame that one or two Lynn fans are having a go at him after the start he has made for us this year.

3 races in a row?

You really honestly believe that?

Others had trouble in the meeting, jumped on their 2nd bike and away they went. Bjerre made no attempt, his bike wasn't even failing. It tends to stop when you release the throttle you know.

Try watching the pre-meeting interview with him. He had zero interest at that stage. The one or two Lynn fans and I note, Peterboro fans who are used to such antics, are not blind.

Yes, bloomin brilliant when it mattered in the play-offs wasn't he.

I just find it slightly coincidental that there is a grand prix this weekend and bjerre wasn't at the races tonight, call me a cynic but I just think he wasn't bothered

That's because he's not Nathan! Not that i've seen anyway. If he changes this year I'll be astonished. Kenneth Bjerre is all about himself, nothing more nothing less.

Poor Kenneth is better off out of it, such a great rider who is always being criticized. Sad. :sad: