British Speedway Forum

I think it was the Brits who rode them out of it. I thought Eddie Kennett was awsome and the whole side rode well. Felt sorry for Lewis as I thought he was worth more than the point he got, messed up by his partner in one race, made the wrong decision when changing line in another and in his last ride really impeded by one of the opposition who lifted coming out of turn two, nearly wiping him out as he was winding it on round the boards. Glad I went, shame about Doyley having an off in his last ride as he was going well. All round good meeting with good result in the end. But dont they ever drag it on at Poole ( not counting the Ambo situation)

Agreed. My post above was a bit negative, but that's not to say there wasn't good racing and Bomber in particular was superb.

11.30am First International Race Day Weather Check:

Sunny, warm, blue skies just the other side of the Thames from the home of the Lakeside Hammers and all set fair for tonight's second test match with the Brits looking to make it two wins out of two following their victory at Poole on Wednesday.

Beware though Koalas may be cuddly but when hurt they are dangerous! And alas Jason Doyle IS hurt for sure as the word is that he'll be replaced by Justin Sedgmen (please note there's NO 'e' after the 'g' folks and, having met him, I wouldn't argue with his dad Gavin alias "Sedgy Snr"!).

Further updates from mid-afternoon once I get across the Thames to the track.

Edited by Bryn

I can't find details of the line ups for tonights meeting other than Justin Sedgmen replaces Doyle. Anyone know whos riding where?

Is there anyone going to the meeting at Lakeside tonight who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Updates on this meeting can be found Here

R/R? Seriously? It's not as if theres a lack of Australians in the country :D

Well done Team GB on a winning the Test Series. Great showing from Ben, pushing for World Cup spot now.

Superb win for England, shame the Swindon Test was cancelled. :cheers:

They've rescheduled Bahrain why not Swindon!!

Well done Team GB on a winning the Test Series. Great showing from Ben, pushing for World Cup spot now.

Certainly is and I, for one, am relieved that he will miss both KO cup fixtures next week

What kind of teams were these? Why were Nicholls and Ward not there?

I knew Richardson wasn't doing the World Cup but I didn't realise that extended to this kind of match too. I've always thought that any rider not riding for his country should be banned from all speedway.

It's totally pointless having international speedway unless full teams turn up. This was basically a challenge match between two select sides.

The Poole match seemed to be much better and a bit closer to proper teams.

It's near impossible to put out your strongest team these days, too many other meetings to contend with!!!!