British Speedway Forum
ladyluck

Olsen Wants Eighteen In 2012

"Two years ago, finished the job as director of the series and was director of the slag at the International Federation of Sports Motorcycle (FIM)."

I wonder who he's director of? :oops:

"Two years ago, finished the job as director of the series and was director of the slag at the International Federation of Sports Motorcycle (FIM)."

I wonder who he's director of? :oops:

That's a translation of the Polish expression for speedway. I believe it has something to do with track material.

Edited by ladyluck

Ole Olsen thinks there could be up to EIGHTEEN GPs in 2012:

Just a fluff piece to keep the SGP in the news, and nothing new from Olsen. Just where are these 7 extra GPs going to be held? :rolleyes:

The same old proposed venues trotted out again, even as Mr Rising only days ago discounted a GP being held in Russia.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

HAVE tried to speak to Ole today (as yet without any joy) but can only think something might have got lost in translation. Apart from anything else, where would they find 18 weekends? I know Bernie Eccelstone appears to be trying to stage an F1 event every other week (at least) but speedway riders have to earn their corn outside of the SGP series. Personally I would have thought we are at the max in Europe right now and it will be a long time before there is much expansion elsewhere other than NZ (looking good) and perhaps Oz. Suitable venues remain a significant problem.

HAVE tried to speak to Ole today (as yet without any joy) but can only think something might have got lost in translation.

Maybe when the golem gets back from his trip to the land of make believe you'll have better luck.

I believe eventually, the GP's WILL be independent from the rest of world speedway like F1 and race every fortnight.

I've said it before, maybe teams will rise into the world stage like F1 & MOTO GP.

Works Jawa

Works GM

Works Honda

Team Rickardsson

Team Gollob

Redbull Racing

Monster Racing

etc etc

Then you have 4 independent qualifier spots each season.

I believe eventually, the GP's WILL be independent from the rest of world speedway like F1 and race every fortnight.

Not likely, in my opinion.

Maybe when the golem gets back from his trip to the land of make believe you'll have better luck.

HAVE absolutely no idea what that means ...

I've said it before, maybe teams will rise into the world stage like F1 & MOTO GP.

Works Jawa

Works GM

Works Honda

Team Rickardsson

Team Gollob

Redbull Racing

Monster Racing

etc etc

Then you have 4 independent qualifier spots each season.

VERY unlikely. Speedway riders (a) have to earn money from league racing and (B) need more racing than GPs will ever provide. Kelvin Tatum was one who tried to run a team (Niklas Klingberg) but the financial backing wasn't forthcoming.

HAVE absolutely no idea what that means ...

I think the 'lady' refers to Ole Olsen as the Golem..

Anyway, I can see a time in the near future that the Gp's will be independent from league racing. They need to pay a lot more to the riders of course but commercially it will be possible with corporate sponsorship, and it will happen in due course. The GP's will just continue to develop whilst the league system will survive as a lower tier at best without the Gp riders.

I think the 'lady' refers to Ole Olsen as the Golem.

Anyway, I can see a time in the near future that the Gp's will be independent from league racing. They need to pay a lot more to the riders of course but commercially it will be possible with corporate sponsorship, and it will happen in due course. The GP's will just continue to develop whilst the league system will survive as a lower tier at best without the Gp riders.

Dream on.Even Mr Rising doesn't believe that will happen :rofl:

Think the Danish article suggested 18 gps in future and this was translated into 18 next year in polish article