British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ChrissySW

Jason Garrity

Very broad title to a thread, I know. I've been hearing from various sources about Jason Garrity for a while now, and I wanted a general consensus on the guy. Apaprently he's one of the most entertaining riders Britain's produced in a long time, with a big future. Are reports premature, or os he that good?! :)

He is potentially brilliant if he can avoid injury and keep his head together. He has so much raw talent it is unreal.

I like him,he`s got a bit of talent,wether he can improve enough to get to PL level and then EL level,only time will tell.

He's good enough for the PL now. He has the makings of a rider who can go all the way to the top. He's maturing as a person, and knows he's young so isn't rushing himself.

Very broad title to a thread, I know. I've been hearing from various sources about Jason Garrity for a while now, and I wanted a general consensus on the guy. Apaprently he's one of the most entertaining riders Britain's produced in a long time, with a big future. Are reports premature, or os he that good?! :)

Personally I've never seen him ride but I'm told entertaining is polite for absolute nutter in Garrity's case. For that reason I need to see the kid race sooner rather than later!

Pretty good, has a bad habit of using other riders to slow himself down.

Jason is not the best out of the gate(if he can work on and improve his gateing the world is his oyster)once out of the gate he is very fast and has the skill to pass any rider in this league inside or outside.He never knows when he is beat this can lead to a breath taking pass or a fall.Hes the type of rider that everyone in the stadium cant wait to see his next ride. In the meeting against Scun/Shef not once did he gate 1st yet he got a 15 point max,he passed as many riders in the one meeting as i have seen Chris Harris pass in 5 elite meetings.The boy is a joy to watch.

Jason Garrity, talk to me!

Let me tell you this boy is good very good indeed, in fact he is so good that I have dispatched Main Man Rogers and Neil "Nikko" Day to watch this boy race in his meeting tomorrow, so the boy isn't under pressure too much, both Main Man Rogers and Neil "Nikko" Day will be in disguise. Main Man Rogers will be dressed as a clown, apparently he first got the suit when he was at Mildenhall and now it's very often seen in South Wales, whilst Neil "Nikko" Day will be dressed as Bungle from Rainbow, with my good friends Semion, Lord Bryn Williams and Gemini accompanying him as Rod, Jenny and Freddy.

Terry Tibbs will then negotiate a deal with the boy Garrity, as I need someone to fill the buckets of water for Chris Mills that lovely Essex lad who cleans my cars every Wednesday and Sunday morning, and whilst young Mills polishes my Jags, he can teach the boy Garrity how to become a leading star in the sport of speed and as the boys eyes widen Neil "Nikko" Day will pounce with a lucrative contract to become part of the prestigious Team Nikko!

Short and sweet from Terry today, as I am off to Moss Bros to get my suit for Friday, you'll see me sat next to Elton, in fact you'll probably see Elton sat on my knee. Just like Jonny C used to sit on Main Man Rogers' knee when he was growing up, when he read him his bedtime story I wish I could Fly by Keith Harris and Orville.

That's why they call me Terry Tibbs.

Thank you goodnight much love.

Know Jason since he was 11 years old, when he used to ride at the Sheffield Training Track and even then you could see the potential in the lad, with a capital P.

He has had his problems but he has sorted himself out and he has turned into a really cracking level headed lad.

I spoke to him just after Christmas, and Squall has spoken to recently and Jason appears to have a plan and Belle Vue have been looking after him.

Like Sqaull says he is more than capable of been a success in the Premier League but any move up would have to be right for Jason, and I don't think it will be a case of the first team that comes in or the highest bidder.

Personally I've never seen him ride but I'm told entertaining is polite for absolute nutter in Garrity's case. For that reason I need to see the kid race sooner rather than later!

I watched him ride at Buxton early last season and 'entertaining' is certainly a phrase one might have used. Personally I think TF22's alternative (above) would have been far more accurate. I have not seen him ride since (he was injured for the return meeting at Plymouth), but were he to control his undoubted speed and agression then he should go far.

Good talent, a bit wild I am told but messes people about. :nono:

Seen the lad at Buxton quite a few times, a bit wild at times, but entertaining, hope he goes a long way. It will be good to have a young englishman to watch.