British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague Rnd 4 Sunday 1st May

Paulco nice that you enjoyed your match lower leagues are usually quite entertaining too sometimes even more that Extaliga as for Police presence they are there just in case things got out of hand it happens sometimes especially during derby matches(Zielona G-Gorzow,Bydgoszcz-Torun(when they are both in same div)Rzeszow -Tarnow) then you just have to be bit more dilligent and enjoy the match without taking sides or at least not showing it.

It must have been so difficult for Mateusz then who sat with us on Sunday in the Gneizno seating as he's a Polonia Bydgoszcz supporter.I know he had his Polonia scarf in his bag with him,but obviously didn't take it out! :lol:

One of only two fixtures to break the 10,000 attendance barrier on Sunday, here's some video footage of the Gniezno versus Bydgoszcz meeting:

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/05/04/hit-w-i-lidze-dla-polonii-zobacz-skrot-meczu-w-gnieznie-wide/

The other meeting to break 10,000 was Zielona Gora versus Czestochowa, while Torun versus Leszno was just a couple of hundred or so shy of 10,000.

Thanks for puting that link up . Great memories from a wonderful afternoon . :approve:

It must have been so difficult for Mateusz then who sat with us on Sunday in the Gneizno seating as he's a Polonia Bydgoszcz supporter.I know he had his Polonia scarf in his bag with him,but obviously didn't take it out! :lol:

Would have been way harder if Bydgoszcz had lost the match. In this case, though, I could just smile secretly to myself :wink: Still, couldn't resist from showing my joy a couple of times :) And a Polonia Bydgoszcz scarf burned by some local morons just in front of a pub down the road from the stadium proved it had been a sensible decision not to take mine out at the stadium :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the link Mateusz, and I can say that "I was there."

Would have been way harder if Bydgoszcz had lost the match. In this case, though, I could just smile secretly to myself :wink: Still, couldn't resist from showing my joy a couple of times :) And a Polonia Bydgoszcz scarf burned by some local morons just in front of a pub down the road from the stadium proved it had been a sensible decision not to take mine out at the stadium :rolleyes:

Will you be ordering a Mexicana pizza again before the meeting? :rofl:

If he does he will need an extra beer. :cheers:

Promotion chasing Liga I side Grudziadz have moved to strengthen their squad by signing Patrick Hougaard on loan from Ekstraliga club Czestochowa:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/05/05/wlokniarz-wypozyczyl-hougaarda/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1TSEA_ENUK335%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhiSjuQMjgeTbcy3LCz5KTPcKktOtA

It looks as if Grudziadz will be compensating Czestochowa for monies paid to Hougaard for pre-season preparation, which will be welcome news for the cash-strapped Lions.

As long as I can get at least two pints with it ;):cheers:

Hahahaha, Mateusz. Did you suffer a big hangover after Bydgoszcz victory in Gniezno? Looks like you guys redempted yourselves after a surprising loss in Rybnik.

Hahahaha, Mateusz. Did you suffer a big hangover after Bydgoszcz victory in Gniezno? Looks like you guys redempted yourselves after a surprising loss in Rybnik.

Unfortunately I had too much to catch up with my work and studies to celebrate hard but it was a memorable day out :)

Unfortunately I had too much to catch up with my work and studies to celebrate hard but it was a memorable day out :)

That memorable day out in Gneizno just over a month ago can be found here :party: :- http://www.itv24.com.pl/film/1352/polonia_wygrala_w_gnieznie_47_-_43/?ITV24SID=2hd38gkgbimupi91oa1ub1g856&/1/