British Speedway Forum

[Only EU riders have a right to work here]

This is not entirely accurate as the sponsorship system allows other riders such as Troy Batchelor to work here as well.

I agree entirely with a couple of points Malcolm has made.

1) It appears pretty black and white in that if he has a UK passport he can ride in the NL. There's no grey area there.

2) None of us have access to his paperwork so we don't know if he has one or not.

Personally I hope he has got a UK passport and that I get to see him ride on UK shale before the end of the season.

OK, so if my understanding is correct, the only key documentation here must be the presence of a UK passport. Presumably he now has one, otherwise there would be no question of him appearing at all. There has been a long delay in getting the 'paperwork' in place, so - also presumably - the 'paperwork' in question is whatever is required to get an Australian kid a British passport.

Which brings me to the question: what exactly is required to acquire a British passport, if you're not actually British? Because whatever it is, that's where the delays, discrepancies and the controversy must lie.

An interesting case to follow. I have no axe to grind with him appearing, if it is within the rules. As a Heathens fan, we enjoyed the services of a couple of great Aussies last year. It does seem a heck of a lot of effort, expense and patience involved though, so there's a lot to live up to for a young lad now.

I can already see the headlines and arguments when he goes and scores the vital points to win the KOC Cup or Play-Off Final though! :unsure:

Cameron Heeps is 15 (dob 27.10.1995). As stated by others (which you obviously didn't read/took no notice of (delete as appropriate)) he can't ride in the PL until he is 16. So please give it a rest about Cameron ending the season as No.6 for the Witches this year. He can't.

Oh dear you think you are so clever :nono: Cameron Heeps is 16 on the 27th October 2011 and so can end the season at no6 for the Witches - CORRECT :rofl: So 'Needles' HE CAN :t:

Oh dear you think you are so clever :nono: Cameron Heeps is 16 on the 27th October 2011 and so can end the season at no6 for the Witches - CORRECT :rofl: So 'Needles' HE CAN :t:

Unless Ipswich have finished their season by 26th October :wink::lol:

This is not entirely accurate as the sponsorship system allows other riders such as Troy Batchelor to work here as well.

Not quite the point I was making. The sponsorship system is one by which individuals are allowed to work in the UK at the discretion of the UK Government. They could easily change the rules (and indeed there has been much noise [largely hot air in my view] that they are being tightened).

Now you see from where I am sitting that is damn good business sense and I see nothing wrong with unseemly haste when there is a quid to be made, speedway promotors should be no different to any other entertainment promotor, and they will have bills to pay like anyone else, so bloody good luck to Ipswich if you are correct in your assumption.

Fully agree, you don't get anywhere in a competitive market if you hang around. I understand that several clubs were trying to get his signature so either they were also being hasty, their owners also thought that he was eligible or they thought they could get him accepted by the powers that be (e.g. they are possibly in a more influential position in the sport).

I really hope Cameron is able to ride for the Fen Tigers, otherwise I think dragging the kid and his mum halfway round the world to stand in the Foxhall pits for a few meetings and then fly back again is a monumental waste of everyone's time and effort.

If you just wanted the signature before anyone else, just get him to sign up and get him in the PL team next March.

As a Fen Tigers fan who doesnt also support Ipswich all im interested in is the Fen Tigers.

If Heeps signs he will sign as an asset of Ipswich so this doesnt benefit the Fen Tigers at all. Be interested if the Mildenhall SMS people give anything to Heeps before we find out if he can ride for Mildenhall. If they do, and he doesnt ride, then why are SMS Mildenhall giving money to help Ipswich.

Out of interest the Mildenhall promotion never confirmed what happened earlier this season when Halsey, Blackbird and Baseby were all announced as full transfers.

Yes they were, they were transferred to Ipswich and are Ipswich assets not Mildenhall assets :nono:

As a Fen Tigers fan who doesnt also support Ipswich all im interested in is the Fen Tigers.

If Heeps signs he will sign as an asset of Ipswich so this doesnt benefit the Fen Tigers at all. Be interested if the Mildenhall SMS people give anything to Heeps before we find out if he can ride for Mildenhall. If they do, and he doesnt ride, then why are SMS Mildenhall giving money to help Ipswich.

Out of interest the Mildenhall promotion never confirmed what happened earlier this season when Halsey, Blackbird and Baseby were all announced as full transfers.

Yes they were, they were transferred to Ipswich and are Ipswich assets not Mildenhall assets :nono:

Mildenhall might not gain financially from Heeps but to suggest they will not benefit from him being here is utter rubbish. If he does ride for the Tigers and he is as good as his reputation suggests, I would say that they will go from a team in with a shout of winning the league to clear favourites as they will potentiallybe replacing a 3.00 rider with a 6-7.00 one.

Where SMS are concerned, knowing Troy Dudley & Gerry Pearson personally they are men of absolute integrity who will dispose of funds in a way that they see fit and as a member of SMS I am quite happy to leave that to them.

Who do you think paid for the transfer fees ? Mildenhall ? What with ? Blackbird was actually swapped with Rayson, an Ipswich asset.

I'd say it is quite clear that Mildenhall will be used as a feeder track for Ipswich, quite possibly with Ipswich contributing financially in the future towards its costs. If it continues in existence for that reason alone (and I doubt if anyone takes speedway at West Row from season to season for granted) I suspect that that would be enough for most Fen Tigers fans.

I really hope Cameron is able to ride for the Fen Tigers, otherwise I think dragging the kid and his mum halfway round the world to stand in the Foxhall pits for a few meetings and then fly back again is a monumental waste of everyone's time and effort.

If you just wanted the signature before anyone else, just get him to sign up and get him in the PL team next March.

Should that not read if "Mr Louis wanted", my only contribution is £20 a week for me and the missus to watch at Mildenhall,we cannott afford to go to Ipswich as well. What goes on between promotors and riders is none of my business. I only made the observation what a good piece of business it was, as many seem to miss the point that promotors must run it as a business.

I was going to reply, but I see HalifaxTiger has already written exactly how I feel as well, Without Ipswich then Mildenhall would probably not be running this season, so I for one find your knocking of Ipswich well out of order. And for the record no I am not an Ipswich supporter eithier, how could I be, being a carrow road faithfull !

I was going to reply, but I see HalifaxTiger has already written exactly how I feel as well, Without Ipswich then Mildenhall would probably not be running this season, so I for one find your knocking of Ipswich well out of order. And for the record no I am not an Ipswich supporter eithier, how could I be, being a carrow road faithfull !

Sorry but Kevin Jolly is the reason we have the Fen Tigers this season and i dont think he is gettig anywhere near the creidt he deserves, and its Michael and Nikki Lee who do most of the work behind the scenes. Chris Louis is just picking up the riders for Ipswich which is his right if he paid the transfer fees, the question is did he?

I have no problem with Ipswich, I just dont support them, and I am very pleased to see the good crowds at Mildenhall this season and the work the new promotion are doing but they wont be around for ever (although I hope for many years to come) so Mildenhall needs to build up its own rider assets to make it a viable proposition for someone else to buy in the future.

We all saw what happened when the Kings Lynn promotion bought/sold the club :mad:

Sorry but Kevin Jolly is the reason we have the Fen Tigers this season and i dont think he is gettig anywhere near the creidt he deserves, and its Michael and Nikki Lee who do most of the work behind the scenes. Chris Louis is just picking up the riders for Ipswich which is his right if he paid the transfer fees, the question is did he?

I have no problem with Ipswich, I just dont support them, and I am very pleased to see the good crowds at Mildenhall this season and the work the new promotion are doing but they wont be around for ever (although I hope for many years to come) so Mildenhall needs to build up its own rider assets to make it a viable proposition for someone else to buy in the future.

We all saw what happened when the Kings Lynn promotion bought/sold the club :mad:

I think Kevin's naturally unassuming manner will mean that will always be the case FT666, but I am sure he knows that we the supporters appreciate what he has done for the club and give him great credit for it:approve:

However this is a three way venture with Michael Lee and Chris Louis equaly involved in getting Mildenhall speedway back off the ground, and too suggest Chris Louis 'is just picking up the riders for Ipswich' is unfair in the extreme, and in my opinion totally unfounded. I am sure Kevin and Michael would say how valuable his knowledge in speedway is to the promotion especially when dealing with the BSPA etc, after all of his experience at Ipswich.

If some of our current crop of riders progress into the PL with Ipswich then surely that is a good thing? I'd rather see exciting talents like Blackbird, Jacobs, Heeps ride for us for a season or two then move forward than have a side full of riders that just stagnate at NL level.

You are right though that we need to build an asset base in time, and I am sure that is being addressed. Yesteray saw the first academy day, and hopefully in time future Fen Tigers can be found from that arena.

It is early days yet, but what I have seen so far is a committed promotion, that know how to promote, will make the difficult decisions for the benefit of the club and want to put Mildenhall back on the speedwya map. They ave my 100% support for that, and if the rest of the seaosn is as enjoyable as the first four meetings that will be good enough for me! :approve:

To be fair its everyone behind the scenes that are the reason the Fen Tigers are running this season. Yes Kevin Jolly was initially at the fore of the fight to bring the club back to life, but if you think that it is he alone thats done it then you're sadly mistaken. Obviously Michael Lee and Chris Louis have put in plenty of effort and money to get the club to where it is today and then the many other helpers etc in the background all bring a vital contribution to the sucessful running of the club.

As far as i'm aware you can't have assets in the National League :unsure: The riders Kings Lynn got from the club were assets from the time Mildenhall were in the Premier League.

Cameron is already signed up for Ipswich. It certainly isn't a waste of time him coming over either. Foxhall will be his home track in the coming seasons and the lad will be putting plenty of laps in after meetings. It's all helpful experience for him and certainly isn't a waste of time. John and Chris Louis, and Jeremy Doncaster have already spent time helping him sinced he arrived only days ago.

Edited by Catch22