British Speedway Forum

Most of the weather websites now seem to be showing rain Friday afternoon but dry on Saturday. Really looking forward to my first overseas GP and hope that my flight from Manchester in the morning is nice and smooth!!

Do any of our Swedish friends have news regarding as to whether advance tickets are selling like the proverbial hotcakes, or is it likely to be a turn up on the day affair?. The latter of which would possibly be affected by the weather if it is bad.

No problem with tickets. just turn up. By betting is that it will be about a quarter to a third full.

2008 they sold 16,000 tickets up to Friday night. Although the weather was glorious they only got another 1,000 on the match day. The trouble is Goteburg is not a speedway city, although it is a terrific place.

The trouble is Goteburg is not a speedway city, although it is a terrific place.

Wall-to-wall Crumpet, although the beer's a bit exxy. :drink:

No problem with tickets. just turn up. By betting is that it will be about a quarter to a third full.

2008 they sold 16,000 tickets up to Friday night. Although the weather was glorious they only got another 1,000 on the match day. The trouble is Goteburg is not a speedway city, although it is a terrific place.

Just done a quick preliminary search of the local media for the Grand Prix, also aided by Google translate. Unfortunately, it looks like the sport suffers the same ignorance from the media it does all over the world!

This site http://gt.expressen.se appears to cover Gothenburg and this one sport http://www.expressen.se/sport/. Despite a long scrollable page picturing many different sports, including Table Tennis! no sign of speedway anywhere. Certainly no mention of the speedway Grand Prix that is being staged in Gothenburg!

Do the BSI make no attempt to heavily access and advertise in the local population and city centre of GP's?

The weather is hopefully decent for saturday in Gothenburg sat in Manchester T3 on a lovely Friday morning and looking forward to see some speedway this weekend

Wall-to-wall Crumpet, although the beer's a bit exxy. :drink:

Well its a sure fact you wont be counting the cost in July when you are pouring cheap beer down your throat and if your like me i cant wait for it

If it's wet AJ will win it.

PMSL...as AJ is pretty frigging useless in teh GP's, yes he has the odd good one but in general pizz poor!!

PMSL...as AJ is pretty frigging useless in teh GP's, yes he has the odd good one but in general pizz poor!!

:cry: I really hate seeing AJ riding so poorly at the back. He used to ride very simular to Janusz Kolodziej when he was younger. He throws in the good race every now and again (WC 2010). Some people in Sweden reckon it is having a child, but I reckon it is too many crashes have affected his confidence and style.

The draw:

1..K Bjerre..(DEN)

2..E Sayfutdinov..(RUS)

3..A Jonsson..(SWE)

4..A Lindback..(SWE)

5..J Crump..(AUS)

6..J Kolodziej..(POL)

7..T Gollob..(POL)

8..R Holta..(POL)

9..G Hancock..(USA)

10..N Pedersen..(DEN)

11..[W]..T H Jonasson..(SWE)

12..A Laguta..(RUS)

13..F Lindgren..(SWE)

14..C Holder..(AUS)

15..J Hampel..(POL)

16..C Harris..(GBR)

17..[TR]..S Gustafsson..(SWE)

18..[TR]..D Andersson..(SWE)

Current Standings

1..T Gollob..(POL)..18

2..N Pedersen..(DEN)..17

3=..G Hancock..(USA)..14

3=..E Sayfutdinov..(RUS)..14

5..J Hampel..(POL)..12

6..F Lindgren..(SWE)..11

7..K Bjerre..(DEN)..10

8=..R Holta..(POL)..9

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

8=..C Holder..(AUS)..9

10..J Kolodziej..(POL)..8

11..C Harris..(GBR)..7

12=..J Crump..(AUS)..5

12=..A Jonsson..(SWE)..5

14..[W]..D Balinski..(POL)..4

15..A Lindback..(SWE)..1

16..A Laguta..(RUS)..0

Anyone know of any links i can watch it on?

I'll post one tomorrow just before the start. :lol: Regards. Alan.

Don't people ever store things in their "favourites"?

Maybe it's his first time?