British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Buxton (nl)

Lewis has a confirmed broken ankle. Thats two riders out for a least 6 weeks! What will the young stars do now? Draft in a guest each meeting? Gutted for Lewis and Darren. :-s

Can use guests for Mallett but I don't think you can for Kerr,either r/r or re-declare a new rider to team.

Could Chris Mills step in as a number one ? He has a good following at Kings Lynn.

Best wishes to both Mallett and Kerr. I know that Kerr was "discovered" at a KL Powerslide event - and was proud to get a reserve ride at the ELRC last season.

Out of interest, does anyone know which leg and ankle are affected? I'm sure both guys have got more than one each :shock:

Edited by Lovey

Gutted for the boy they are really nice lads aswell on another note well done Jake, :)

My first ever post on this forum, but I had to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery to both Darren and Lewis. I stayed right until the ambulance had left the track, as did quite a few other concerned spectators. It was an awful end to such a good meeting. Hearing Darren's cries of pain from across a silent track (as soon as the music cut out) was haunting. It was then I knew his injury must have been a lot more serious than the fall suggested it would be :(

Anyway, I hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes here, but I noticed a few people have asked for score details from last night. Here's the best I can do! :

Heat 1: Worrell, Mallett, Rayson, Felton 62.8 3-3 3-3

Heat 2: Knight, Stokes, McPhail, Blacklock 63.4 5-1 8-4

Heat 3: Allott, Campos, Priest, Kerr(F) 63.6 2-4 10-8 (How Lewis got himself and his bike off the track in time with a broken ankle I'll never know!)

Heat 4: Cockle, Branford, Knight, Blacklock 63.8 4-2 14-10 (I think this is the race where Cockle pipped Branford on the line having been second throughout)

Heat 5: Worrell, Knight, Campos, Felton 63.5 3-3 17-13 (Knight replaced Kerr, Lewis having withdrawn from the meeting)

Heat 6: Branford, Mallett, McPhail, Rayson(FX) 64.0 2-4 19-17 (Rayson fell, causing McPhail to put down to avoid him. Rayson excluded)

Heat 7: Allott, Cockle, Priest, Stokes 64.0 2-4 21-21

Heat 8: Knight, Rayson, Felton, Blacklock 63.5 5-1 26-22

Heat 9: Campos, Stokes, Branford, McPhail 64.5 5-1 31-23 (Stokes replaces Kerr. Branford off 15 having broken tapes)

Heat 10: Mallett, Allott, Priest, Rayson 64.3 3-3 34-26

Heat 11: Cockle, Felton, Knight, Worrell(FX) 65.5 4-2 38-28 (Stokes breaks tapes, replaced by Knight. Worrell excluded for causing all 4 riders to go down between bends 1 and 2. Stars on 5-1 until Knight makes a mistake going into final lap)

Heat 12: Knight, Priest, Campos, McPhail 64.7 4-2 42-30

Heat 13: Cockle, Mallett, Worrell, Branford 64.5 5-1 47-31 (Worrell takes tactical ride)

Heat 14: Allott, Knight, Stokes, Blacklock 64.6 3-6 50-37 (Knight replaces Kerr. Allott takes tactical ride)

Heat 15: Cockle, Worrell, Allot, Mallett(F) No time 3-3 53-40 (Race awarded after Mallett falls on bend 3 of lap 3)

Darren Mallett 2232*F = 9+1

Oliver Rayson 1*X2*0 = 3+2

Scott Campos 21*31 = 7+1

Lewis Kerr F Ret

James Cockle 32333 = 14

Tom Stokes 2*02*1* = 5+3

Jake Knight 3123132 = 15

Richie Worrell 33X12 = 9

Dean Felton 0012 = 3

Luke Priest 111*2 = 5+1

Adam Allott 33261* = 15+1

Robert Branford 2310 = 6

John McPhail 1100 = 2

Robert Blacklock 0000 = 0

Apologies if any of the above is incorrect, but have taken it direct from my programme. Comments are from memory. First time I've attempted anything like this :)

My first ever post on this forum, but I had to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery to both Darren and Lewis. I stayed right until the ambulance had left the track, as did quite a few other concerned spectators. It was an awful end to such a good meeting. Hearing Darren's cries of pain from across a silent track (as soon as the music cut out) was haunting. It was then I knew his injury must have been a lot more serious than the fall suggested it would be :(

Anyway, I hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes here, but I noticed a few people have asked for score details from last night. Here's the best I can do! :

Heat 1: Worrell, Mallett, Rayson, Felton 62.8 3-3 3-3

Heat 2: Knight, Stokes, McPhail, Blacklock 63.4 5-1 8-4

Heat 3: Allott, Campos, Priest, Kerr(F) 63.6 2-4 10-8 (How Lewis got himself and his bike off the track in time with a broken ankle I'll never know!)

Heat 4: Cockle, Branford, Knight, Blacklock 63.8 4-2 14-10 (I think this is the race where Cockle pipped Branford on the line having been second throughout)

Heat 5: Worrell, Knight, Campos, Felton 63.5 3-3 17-13 (Knight replaced Kerr, Lewis having withdrawn from the meeting)

Heat 6: Branford, Mallett, McPhail, Rayson(FX) 64.0 2-4 19-17 (Rayson fell, causing McPhail to put down to avoid him. Rayson excluded)

Heat 7: Allott, Cockle, Priest, Stokes 64.0 2-4 21-21

Heat 8: Knight, Rayson, Felton, Blacklock 63.5 5-1 26-22

Heat 9: Campos, Stokes, Branford, McPhail 64.5 5-1 31-23 (Stokes replaces Kerr. Branford off 15 having broken tapes)

Heat 10: Mallett, Allott, Priest, Rayson 64.3 3-3 34-26

Heat 11: Cockle, Felton, Knight, Worrell(FX) 65.5 4-2 38-28 (Stokes breaks tapes, replaced by Knight. Worrell excluded for causing all 4 riders to go down between bends 1 and 2. Stars on 5-1 until Knight makes a mistake going into final lap)

Heat 12: Knight, Priest, Campos, McPhail 64.7 4-2 42-30

Heat 13: Cockle, Mallett, Worrell, Branford 64.5 5-1 47-31 (Worrell takes tactical ride)

Heat 14: Allott, Knight, Stokes, Blacklock 64.6 3-6 50-37 (Knight replaces Kerr. Allott takes tactical ride)

Heat 15: Cockle, Worrell, Allot, Mallett(F) No time 3-3 53-40 (Race awarded after Mallett falls on bend 3 of lap 3)

Darren Mallett 2232*F = 9+1

Oliver Rayson 1*X2*0 = 3+2

Scott Campos 21*31 = 7+1

Lewis Kerr F Ret

James Cockle 32333 = 14

Tom Stokes 2*02*1* = 5+3

Jake Knight 3123132 = 15

Richie Worrell 33X12 = 9

Dean Felton 0012 = 3

Luke Priest 111*2 = 5+1

Adam Allott 33261* = 15+1

Robert Branford 2310 = 6

John McPhail 1100 = 2

Robert Blacklock 0000 = 0

Apologies if any of the above is incorrect, but have taken it direct from my programme. Comments are from memory. First time I've attempted anything like this :)

You did an excellent job, many thanks. :cheers:

I'd just like to add that I'm so glad we had the new safety fence available last night, without wouldn't bare thinking about. I'm sure everyone appreciates the services of the medical staff last night.

Best wishes to Darren and Lewis! A very sad state of affairs really. Luck just doesn't seem to be coming to King's Lynn much at the moment :sad:

Really sorry to read that Darren and Lewis have broken bones, hope they both heal quickly and without too much pain :(

Regarding someone to cover to Darren, Mark Jones is out of a job perhaps he'd be up for it?

Edited by Trees

Really sorry to read that Darren and Lewis have broken bones, hope they both heal quickly and without too much pain :(

Regarding someone to cover to Darren, Mark Jones is out of a job perhaps he'd be up for it?

Under the change in the eligibility rules for the NL Mark is ruled out.

You did an excellent job, many thanks. :cheers:

Yes. Thank you very much.

Danny Warwick anyone ? :drink:

Under the change in the eligibility rules for the NL Mark is ruled out.

No 100% aussies then?

No 100% aussies then?

Got it in one