British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Newport (nl)

It's drizzling here, what's the latest ............. quick please!!

It's drizzling here, what's the latest ............. quick please!!

2 miles away, sun out and my garden is still a dust bowl

On BBC Radio Norfolk today they have been saying that Kyle Hughes is racing and that he made his debut at Mildenhall!!!

Dad told me this earlier as he listens to Radio Norfolk a bit. Hilarious isn't it?

from the updates on an easy win for the stars

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Speed ball

Updater: Nige

Kings Lynn = 61

1. Ashley Birks 3 2* 3 1 = 9+1

2. Lewis Kerr RR (OR-2* JK-3 SC-2* JC-2*) [9+3]

3. Scott Campos 3 2 2* 2 2* 1 = 12+2

4. Oliver Rayson 2* 2* M 1* 3 = 8+3

5. James Cockle 3 3 2* 3 3 = 14+1 PAID MAXIMUM

6. Tom Stokes 2* F 1 X 2* = 5+2

7. Jake Knight 3 1 3 3 3 0 = 13

Newport = 32

1. Jay Herne 1 3 2 0 2* = 8+1

2. Tom Young R 1 1 1* = 3+1

3. James White-Williams 0 0 0 1 = 1

4. Matt Bates 1 2 1 1! = 5

5. Todd Kurtz 2 1 6! 2 3 = 14

6. David Gough 0 0 0 0 = 0

7. Richard Andrews 1 0 0 0 = 1

Heat Results

BRONZE HELMET MATCH RACE

Cockle beats Herne 63.48

Cockle v Herne

Cockle won toss, takes outside gate

Cockle gated but Herne always close before locking up when going for the big blast round the outside on last bends

Heat 01: Birks, Rayson, Herne, Young (ret) 5-1 64.45

Line Up: Birks, RR - Rayson, Herne, Young

Comments: KL off 2 and 4

Unsat start - Birks warned to stay still. Tapes went up and Herne didn't move as dropped a chain. All 4 back even though Herne not under power when it was stopped

Rerun - Stars FTG and Birks looking v. comfortable until nearly dropping it on B3L3. Managed to stay on and take the win

Sponsored by www.enjaydesigns.co.uk

Heat 02: Knight, Stokes, Andrews, Gough 5-1 10-2 63.46

Line Up: Stokes, Knight, Gough, Andrews

Comments: Stars FTG again, Knight an easy winner. Andrews challenged Stokes early on before dropping back. Gough just cruised round for the last lap

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03: Campos, Rayson, Bates, White-Williams 5-1 15-3 64.65

Line Up: Campos, Rayson, White-Williams, Bates

Comments: Great race. Bates gates but Campos round outside B4L1. Rayson then chases and pulls off identical pass on same bend L3.

Sponsored by: www.speedway-games.co.uk

Heat 04: Cockle, Kurtz, Knight, Andrew 4-2 19-5 63.61

Line Up: Cockle, Knight, Kurtz, Andrews

Comments: FTG and Cockle looking the best he's looked all season. Knight not far from Kurtz but never looked like passing

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Herne, Campos, Young, Stokes (f) 2-4 21-9 63.02

Line Up: Campos, Rayson Stokes, Herne, Young

Comments: Rayson excluded under 2 mins. He was at the tapes but his bike stopped.

Herne FTG and looking much quicker than his earlier rides. Young rode Stokes very wide in opening bends. Stokes fell B3L4 when trying to pass - up and ok though

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 06: Knight, Birks, Kurtz, Gough 5-1 26-10 62.70

Line Up: Birks, RR - Knight, Kurtz, Gough

Comments: Knight round the lot on outside on opening 2 bends. Kurtz then has bike problems when 2nd to allow Birks through. Kurtz just plodded round with a sick bike but still managed to keep ahead of Gough!!

Sponsored by

Heat 07: Cockle, Bates, Stokes, White-Williams 4-2 30-12 63.92

Line Up: Cockle, Stokes, White-Williams, Bates

Comments: Cockle FTG. Stokes close to Bates but couldn't get past. White-Williams gave up on last lap when well adrift at the back

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Knight, Campos, Young, Andrews 5-1 35-13 62.42

Line Up: RR - Campos, Knight, Young, Andrews

Comments: Knight FTG and easy winner by nearly a straight. Campos cut under Young coming off bend 2. Well spread out after that

Sponsored by

Interview with Tai Woffinden at the moment, he is there as part of Birks' pit crew. Hopes to be back riding on bank holiday monday (Hornets v Mildenhall maybe?)

Heat 09: KURTZ, Campos, Rayson, Gough 3-6 38-19 64.28

Line Up: Campos, Rayson, KURTZ, Gough

Comments: Kurtz tactical ride

Kurtz FTG. Was on Herne's bike as his own sounded "not very well [c**p]" when he initially came to the tapes. Well spread out after that

Sponsored by inthedirt clothing - inthedirt.co.uk - facebook.com/inthedirt

Heat 10: Birks, Cockle, Bates, White-Williams 5-1 43-20 64.34

Line Up: Birks, RR - Cockle, White-Wiliams, Bates

Comments: Stars pair FTG but Bates never far away. JWW again well off the pace

Sponsored by

INTERVAL

Heat 11: Cockle, Herne, Young, Stokes (exc) 3-3 46-23 64.17

Line Up: Cockle, Stokes, Herne, Young

Comments: Stopped, Stokes fell on lap 2 when last - up and ok. Cockle in lead at the time

Rerun - Cockle again FTG. Herne passed Young at start of lap 2 and threw everything at Cockle but couldn't manage to pass

Sponsored by

Heat 12: Knight, Campos, White-Williams, Gough 5-1 51-24 62.99

Line Up: Campos, Knight, White-Williams, Gough

Comments: Knight again an easy winner and Campos also well ahead of the Hornets pair. JWW wins the battle of the no scorers

Sponsored by

Heat 13: Cockle, Kurtz, Birks, Herne 4-2 55-26 64.44

Line Up: Birks, Cockle, Herne, Kurtz

Comments: Stars pair again FTGbut Kurtz dives under Birks L1B3. Tries same move on Cockle on every lapbut JC riding wide always had the drive off the bends to pull away

Sponsored by Art and Stitch for all your sewing and art supplies www.artandstitch.co.uk

Heat 14: Rayson, Stokes, BATES, Andrews 5-1 60-27 64.50

Line Up: Rayson, Stokes, BATES, Andrews

Comments: Bates tactical - drops chain on way to tapes has come out on another bike possibly Gough's

Rayson an easy winner. Bates not far from Stokes but clearly not as comfortable as he was on his own bike

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 15: Kurtz, Herne, Campos, Knight 1-5 61-32 63.57

Line-up: Campos, Knight, Herne, Kurtz

Comments: Hornets off 1 and 3

Hornets finish in style with a 5-1 FTG. Campos not far from Herne and Knight already the fine art of average reduction by ballsing up the start [technical term there]

Sponsored by www.unofficialscorpion.co.uk - The History of Scunthorpe Speedway

Comments:

Teams confirmed.

© 2005-2011 All meetings are copyrighted to Speedway Updates, permission must be sought and we must be fully credited before they are used elsewhere.

Enjoyed our speedway fix. no more for one month though.

All the lads got stuck in. Track was in good nick. Fastest time of the night goes to Jake Knight. 62.4 heat 8. When he gates and gets to the front he is good to watch. smooth leg trailing style. Roll on June 15th.

Saddened though by the lack of support for the YS's. :cry:

Edited by whippy

Real powerhouse performance from the Young Stars, great to see after our troubled start to the season.

Well done also to Buster and his crew for producing a superb race track, it really was in great condition.

What a shame the riders couldn't have performed in front of a crowd rather than a small gathering, where on earth was everybody? :sad:

Well done to the Young Stars. Its a bit of a mystery why crowds haven't picked up this year with meetings on Wednesday evenings now.....personally I didn't go last night as I was at Mildenhall on Sunday and will be at Lakeside on Saturday and the speedway budget wouldn't stretch to three meetings in a week. Maybe others are doing the same, perhaps the weather put them off, who knows. On a more positive note I hear that Robert Lambert went round during the second half in 64 seconds on a 250cc machine. Get him as signed up as you can Buster!

Well done to the Young Stars. Its a bit of a mystery why crowds haven't picked up this year with meetings on Wednesday evenings now.....personally I didn't go last night as I was at Mildenhall on Sunday and will be at Lakeside on Saturday and the speedway budget wouldn't stretch to three meetings in a week. Maybe others are doing the same, perhaps the weather put them off, who knows. On a more positive note I hear that Robert Lambert went round during the second half in 64 seconds on a 250cc machine. Get him as signed up as you can Buster!

Can anyone shed any light on why Robert is giving the Youth Championships a swerve ?

Very impressed by his performance before the Ben Fund Meeting at Scunthorpe.

With fuel at around 6.50 a gallon, and a round trip of 70 miles, i am no longer prepared to take the risk of a meeting being on/off. So slightest sign of rain I stay home. Well done to the Young Stars, great win.

With fuel at around 6.50 a gallon, and a round trip of 70 miles, i am no longer prepared to take the risk of a meeting being on/off. So slightest sign of rain I stay home. Well done to the Young Stars, great win.

Bang on. Chucked it down in the afternoon so the obvious thing to do was give the meeting a swerve. I'll only take a weather risk on the first team.

Well done the Young Stars though

Well done to the Young Stars :approve:

Bang on. Chucked it down in the afternoon so the obvious thing to do was give the meeting a swerve. I'll only take a weather risk on the first team.

Well done the Young Stars though

Opposite for us. we waited and then I realised I could contact the man in the know and we made the 60+ mile round trip. would only do this for the NL or if we wanted to see a certain team or riders. I guess it is not so much the team we support but the young lads having a go.

I wasn't at the meeting last night but looks like it was a pretty good performance by our team considering we're without Lewis and Darren. Once again, I see there is NO report in the EDP on this meeting today, not even a small mention. Anyone care to shed light on why this is? It'd be good for the results of the meetings to actually get printed in the local press!

I dunno who's job it is but Radio Norfolk don't get all the info either, given that we have a local lad in the team and the prospect of another in Robert Lambert perhaps, it's a shame.

It's daft but I didn't go either because of the weather and I feel guilty LOL

I dunno who's job it is but Radio Norfolk don't get all the info either, given that we have a local lad in the team and the prospect of another in Robert Lambert perhaps, it's a shame.

Yes. I agree! Maybe if it was mentioned in the local press a bit more (i.e correct line ups given beforehand and then meeting reports posted afterwards) it might tempt a few more people into going on a regular basis? You never know...