British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague Rnd 6 Sunday 22nd May

1st up at 4pm (uk time ) is Rzeszow v Tarnow followed at

6.30pm (uk time ) by Zielona Gora v Leszno which is likely to be the better match

Other fixtures on Sunday are Wroclaw v Gorzow and Torun v Czestochowa

http://www.soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

for the line-ups http://live.sportowefakty.pl/ekstraliga.htm and click on one of the teams

Edited by racers and royals

Two good derby matches on the box where the atmosphere should be red-hot.

Will be interesting to see how Falubaz cope with the sad absence of Dobrucki. Also, will the first/second bend stand be re-opened for this match ?

Rico :rolleyes:

I would put Rzeszow - Tarnow match as the more interesting of the 2 mainly because its big derby meeeting there are also very even.

Cannot wait for Zielona and Leszno match, hoping that the Falubaz can beat Leszno.

Cannot wait for Zielona and Leszno match, hoping that the Falubaz can beat Leszno.

Still a bit of confusion surrounding the infamous "Tribune K" part of the stadium for this meeting. It was hoped that the club would receive clearance to use "Tribune K", but so far nothing. If the stand is not opened, then the club will not be allocating tickets to Leszno in order to maximise availability to the Falubaz faithful.

I would put Rzeszow - Tarnow match as the more interesting

Yeah, given Crump, Richardson and Okoniewski struggle with injuries it might get really hot in Rzeszow. Tarnow is also bruised - Bjarne Pedersen and the two U-21-s Kostro and Jamrog. The difference is, Rzeszow leaders will rider and none of the three injured Tarnow riders will.

Yeah, given Crump, Richardson and Okoniewski struggle with injuries it might get really hot in Rzeszow. Tarnow is also bruised - Bjarne Pedersen and the two U-21-s Kostro and Jamrog. The difference is, Rzeszow leaders will rider and none of the three injured Tarnow riders will.

Sorry can`t agree Tarnow will be well beaten whilst i`m expecting a Hampel/kolodziej inspired Leszno to give it a right go in the green mountains.

Still no official word on the infamous "Tribune K" in Zielona Gora ahead of the meeting with Leszno, but the professor who conducted tests at the stadium last weekend suggests it should be okay to use, so long as the upper four rows of the stand are left empty:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4SUNC_enGB359GB359%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/05/20/trybuna-k-bedzie-czynna-ale-bez-czterech-rzedow/&usg=ALkJrhhoBCm-deQFNx9cEqMHSuMU_K3nMg

However, Alstal, the constructors of "Tribune K", seem to contradict the professor by using his data to declare that the whole stand is safe:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4SUNC_enGB359GB359%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/05/20/alstal-trybuna-k-bezpieczna/&usg=ALkJrhj7WdoEeNFnniG_C8NyGxdSsAVhFQ

Surely the better meetings are in Division 1 , where Polonia Bydgoszcz travel up to Gdansk and Gniezno make the short trip over to Poznan .

Surely the better meetings are in Division 1 , where Polonia Bydgoszcz travel up to Gdansk and Gniezno make the short trip over to Poznan .

Should be a cracker in Gdansk

Not forgetting Liga II, where the top two clash as Ostrow visit Krakow.

I wish they would show meetings from Div 1 and 2 once in a while if for no other reason as to see other venues in Poland it can get bit repetitive to see the same tracks all the time.

I wish they would show meetings from Div 1 and 2 once in a while if for no other reason as to see other venues in Poland it can get bit repetitive to see the same tracks all the time.

Totally agree Pawel. The first week of the season we got the first hour of a meeting- can't remember who, but i think Magnus Zettersrom was riding, and it was really good. I'm grateful for anything, but it would be nice now and again.Especially if we got to see the Bydgoszcz/Brandon flyer! Make Mateusz happy too. :lol: Regards and join you on Sunday. Alan.

Gdansk versus Gniezno.

I'm not sure if the TVP deal extends to the lower leagues. The Ekstraliga is a bit like football's Premier League. As far as I can tell it operates as a company owned by its constituent clubs.

Edited by ladyluck