British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Ashley Jones Memorial Trophy

Justin Sedgemen comes in as replacement for Tomas Topinka

Hope people see this before tonites meeting. There has been a serious accident on the A17 at holbeach and road could b closed for most of the day. Anyone who would normally use this road to get to the norfolk arena would b adviseD to find an alternative route cus i was tlkin to someone earlier today and it took them 2 and a hlf hrs to get thru holbeach town centre.

Hope people see this before tonites meeting. There has been a serious accident on the A17 at holbeach and road could b closed for most of the day. Anyone who would normally use this road to get to the norfolk arena would b adviseD to find an alternative route cus i was tlkin to someone earlier today and it took them 2 and a hlf hrs to get thru holbeach town centre.

I am considering attending this meeting tonight and the funds go to a great cause. Does anyone have the correct line up as the various press releases are now out of date!

I am considering attending this meeting tonight and the funds go to a great cause. Does anyone have the correct line up as the various press releases are now out of date!

I think these 15 are confirmed. Now just waiting on news of a replacement for Nick Morris who broke his collarbone at the weekend.

Kevin Doolan

Sam Masters

Taylor Poole

Filip Sitera

Mark Jones

Kozza Smith

Simon Lambert

Lee Complin

Alex Davies

Matej Kus

Ben Wilson

Justin Sedgman

John Oliver

James Cockle

Jake Knight

Really looking forward to seeing Taylor Poole and Matej Kus for the first time and seeing JLo back in action at the NA.

Peter J Larsen replaces Nick Morris

Some quite brilliant racing tonight, the final was better than many GP finals I can think of. A truly fitting meeting in memory of Ashley :approve:

Congratulations to Sam Masters who was a deserving winner tonight. Commiserations to Kozza who was also excellent. Best performance round the NA for him.

The meeting wasn't the best for the first 2 rounds of racing but after that there really some some sensational action. Those that didn't attend seriously missed out.

The Final was just utterly brilliant, Ashley would have loved every minute of tonight that's for sure.

Will surprise a few here but, my rider of the night goes to Simon Lambert. He looks to have taken huge leaps forward

What a meeting! At £15 it was tremendous value for money. The stadium was half full tonight and they missed out on a treat!!

Sam Masters (1st)- one of my new favourites - so relaxed personality wise and what great style on the bike. He must of won by a whisker in the final. A real bonus for King's Lynn that he has the track dialled in now!

Kozza Smith (2nd)- so composed on the bike - only dropped one point all night to Taylor Poole! Gating was very good and so King's Lynn Stars better watch out when he guests for Belle Vue next week!

Taylor Poole (3rd)- firstly he is so small, I really don't know how he handles the bike so smoothly. The lad has real potential and so quick. They mentioned how he was tweeting whilst at the meeting - so cool. Am I right in thinking he is a Panther's asset? A great bonus if he is!!

Simon Lambert (4th) - Has improved so much since I last saw him. Has come on leaps and bounds.

Honourable mentions for Sitera, Kus (hope he is ok after a nasty spill), Peter J Larsen and a slightly disappointing Kevin Doolan by his own standards.

Never saw Ashley Jones ride personally, but I think he would have been proud tonight. For an individual meeting there was no quarter given and everyone gave 100%. Well done to everyone involved for a fantastic evenings entertainment!

What a great meeting in tribute to Ashley Jones.

Thought the racing was the best we had seen this season.With Sitera,Masters,Kus,Kozza and Lambert being the pick of them all i think.But all the riders gave it their all and fair play to them for that.

Edited by tellboy

Congratulations to Sam.

Glad it was a great meeting & a fitting tribute to Ashley. :approve:

Some quite brilliant racing tonight, the final was better than many GP finals I can think of. A truly fitting meeting in memory of Ashley

Agree totally :)

Was great to have both Ash's brother and sister at the meeting last night ...........

Thinking ahead to 2012, I'd personally love to see a pairs meeting because one of the many things I remember about Ashley in King's Lynn colours was his team riding with Kev Doolan ......

Fabulous meeting, the best by far at the Norfolk Arena this season.

My rider of the night was Simon Lambert, goodness he's hardened up, good on yer Lambo.

Was a cracking meeting last night, brilliant entertainment! Kozza, Masters, Sitera, Kus and Poole really stood out and Lambo was very determined. Larsen definitely likes our place as if I remember rightly he did quite well for Redcar at Lynn last year.

And what a final to top it off Kozza's and Master's battle to win was brilliant!

Really enjoyed it and as others have said, a fitting tribute for Ash.

Kus had a very impressive first visit and should be one to keep an eye on a double upper next year. Lambert was excellent and really came alive with two fantastic wins in his last two rides. His battle with Doolan was epic.

Sitera was robbed off a place in the final thanks to an engine failure in his final ride. His gating was quite atrocious at times but it lead to some very entertaining passes.

Kozza was excellent and he's really starting to blossom into a solid rider. He's going to be a big threat for Belle Vue next week. Finally, it was fitting that a young Aussie with Stars connections won the meeting. Take a bow Sam Masters. Beaten by Kozza in the opening race but what a battle in the final and a great pass to take the meeting :approve:

My final thoughts are that 1p5wich have broken Kevin Doolan. Seems to be really struggling for speed. Special mention to my personal highlight of the evening which was Mimmo singing the greatest hits of Kathy Kirby in the trackshop pre meeting. :party: Anything to keep the customers away :lol: