British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Sheffield/scunthorpe Vs Buxton/stoke

So, tomorrow see's the Scunthorpe Sheffield Saints (Triple S...catchy) in action at Sheffield in a double header, with first Buxton, and then Stoke aiming to come away with a point or more.

I have no idea who the Buxton team will be (I'll leave that to Jayne!) but according to the Stoke website, SSS and Stoke line up as follows:

SSS: Paul Cooper, Ashley Birks, Gary Irving, Steve Worrall, Greg Blair, Adam Wrathall, Stefan Nielsen

Stoke: Simon Lambert, Jaimie Pickard, Gareth Isherwood, Tony Atkin, Tim Webster, Ben Reade, James Sarjeant

I honestly believe Stoke can get at least a point here. Lambert will be tough to beat, and towards the end of the meeting the fact that SSS will have had 2 meetings may begin to show. The key will be the reserves and middle pairings I think.

Also, a quick question for anyone who knows, is it normal admission cost?

I think Hoggy said nornal admissiom prices, two NL matches for the price of a PL.

Looking forward to this meeting at the owlhut,hoping scunny will rack up 6 points from the meeting but for sure Lambert will take some beating round there

Will the Lowestoft pin pong champ be `done` by his old boys,[a north east miners son playing for his local conservative club i believe :rolleyes: ]

Hope weather holds out

Edited by montie

I think Hoggy said nornal admissiom prices, two NL matches for the price of a PL.

He mentioned this from the Centre Gren at Scunthorpe last Friday, also 1900 hrs start time.

I would have loved to come accross for this one but can't make it in time due to missus' shift pattern. :mad:

more.

I have no idea who the Buxton team will be (I'll leave that to Jayne!) BUXTON LINE UP J.GARRITY GUEST R/R BRANFORD L PRIEST D FELTON A ALLOTT P BURNETT R BLACKLOCK

Edited by rider slider

Hoping for a Stoke win....in the 2nd match.

Think Sheffield/Scunny will be to strong for Buxton though im sure Garrity will put in an awesome performance.

Should be 2 cracking meetings though, & hope its well attended & all who go have a superb evenings entertainment.

Will the Sheff faithfull turn out to watch there adopted team????

Will the Sheff faithfull turn out to watch there adopted team????

Well I am going.

I'm going as well

What weather doing in Sheff this morning?

Has been light rain upto this point. No idea if it will be enough to put the meeting in danger though!

Jake Knight in for Buxton.

Not sure where you get that from.

Has been light rain upto this point. No idea if it will be enough to put the meeting in danger though!

Just spoken to Neil Machin who has told me it is overcast with a little rain forecast but nothing to worry about.