British Speedway Forum

All I can find is, "Teams are able to pick any 2 or their top 3 CMAs as at June 1, 2011." - which ok does suggest that it's rolling averages they have used.

If Robson and Sneddon are Newcastle pair though, someone else should replacement. Newport could probably put 2 pairs in with higher averages!

Doyle - 7.95

Lanham - 7.34

TOTAL - 15.29

Ipswichs top 3 are Doolan, Risager and Bjerre. So how is Poole (5th in the average) allowed to ride? :rofl:

I'm assuming that as 2 of the top 5 riders are long term injuries, and probably Lasse is washing his hair next Friday night and can't change his plans :wink: , that leaves next in line Taylor Poole to step up to the tapes :cheers:

I can't believe the whingeing on here - I've been looking forward to this, the GP and the Welsh Open for months - a perfect Speedway weekend - I'm even bringing some good ol' Owsley's Aussie Sunshine with me!

Edited by BigFatDave

I can't believe the whingeing on here - I've been looking forward to this, the GP and the Welsh Open for months - a perfect Speedway weekend - I'm even bringing some good ol' Owsley's Aussie Sunshine with me!

Give a good loud Aussie shout for Dooey and Pooey then please BFD

Give a good loud Aussie shout for Dooey and Pooey then please BFD

No Wuckin' Furries!

Great to see Taylor doing well; he's come a long way - in more ways than one!

I'll be cheering for KD at Queensway Meadows as well!

Still unbelievable that Newport aren't in it. Doyle and Gjedde would have an excellent chance of winning. Rather watch them have a blast than some of the rubbish in the line up.

I know, just so many rubbish riders in the line up...isn't it ridiculous?

Don't be so pathetic!!

In terms of qualification, I am assuming, and just assuming as we havent actually been told, dont they just take the top 3 riders averages in each team totaled (as of rolling averages on June 1st) and then take the top 10??

This would be the totals as of then, of the top 3 riders according to the BSPA official averages:

Newcastle 24.93

Redcar 24.47

Sheffield 24.04

Workington 23.45

Glasgow 23.38

Plymouth 23.36

Somerset 23.1

Edinburgh 22.8

Leicester 22.72

Rye House 22.71

Newport 22.17

Ipswitch 22.16

Berwick 20.6

Scunthorpe 20

Therefore missing out would be Newport, Ipswitch, Berwick and Scunthorpe.

Then obviously with Plymouth dropping out, I would assume that Newport then would be given the place being 0.01 above Ipswitch, but appears not to be the case.

But I think these figures pretty much lay out the selection of the teams, which seems very fair to me, and I dont see any arguement with it??

Apart from a few anomalies along the way with certain riders who arent in the top 3 taking riders. (Summers for Redcar??)

Edited by cometsfan2k4

How about in future having 2 seperate semi finals of 7 teams each with the top 3 from each plus the best scoring 4th contesting a final. 7 pairs each riding each other pair once gives 21 races per meeting.

Maybe Newport were invited after Plymouth pulled out ,but they declined knowing that lots of Wasp fans would go to scumerset instead of attending QM for a national league match ,knocking quite a few off the attendance. Just a Thought :blink:

It is the rolling average of the top two riders as of June 1st. Ipswich were 11th and therefore were asked to take the place of Plymouth when they dropped out.

Plymouth should never of been in to start with imo.

Why not? They qualified.

And clearly ipswich have done enough bleeting so there in.

Nothing to do with bleeting, Whos bleeted? We're in because we're the next averaged team.

Just wish Newport, Berwick and Scunny were there too.

Edited by London Witch

Just an added note it Glastonbury weekend , so i know a lot will get there on Thursday but Friday is normally a very busy day on the M5 with the added festival traffic .

Maybe worth keeping an i eye on the jam cams / travel on the net as M4/M5 crossover to Clevedon is heavy after 4pm , i should know i do it most weeks .

It is the rolling average of the top two riders as of June 1st. Ipswich were 11th and therefore were asked to take the place of Plymouth when they dropped out.

Why not? They qualified.

QUALIFIED ON ASSESSED AVERAGES THAT'S NOT QUALIFING IN MY BOOK.

Nothing to do with bleeting, Whos bleeted? We're in because we're the next averaged team.

Just wish Newport, Berwick and Scunny were there too.

BLEETING? MUST OF DONE SOMETHING NEXT AVERAGED TEAM WAS NEWPORT.

No need to shout!

Doyle and Lanham's average is 15.12. how is that higher than Ipswichs 15.41? And do you seriously think that a pair would get the nod because they "bleeted".

No need to shout!

Doyle and Lanham's average is 15.12. how is that higher than Ipswichs 15.41? And do you seriously think that a pair would get the nod because they "bleeted".

This would be the totals as of then, of the top 3 riders according to the BSPA official averages:

Newcastle 24.93

Redcar 24.47

Sheffield 24.04

Workington 23.45

Glasgow 23.38

Plymouth 23.36

Somerset 23.1

Edinburgh 22.8

Leicester 22.72

Rye House 22.71

Newport 22.17

Ipswitch 22.16

What was actual qualifing criteria??? dont think the pathetic BSPA actually came out and officialy stated this did they?

Just another utter farce by them jokers.

According to Witches website,

"For information the PL Pairs line-up was determined by combining the top two riders averages in each team on the first of June. Ipswich were ranked eleventh and therefore the next in line when Plymouth stepped down."

If you look on the BSPA website for averages on this date, it all seems to add up. Rightly or wrongly!:)

Edited by London Witch

So it's the combined average of your top 2, but you pick any 2 from your top 3. Only in speedway :rolleyes:

Apart from a few anomalies along the way with certain riders who arent in the top 3 taking riders. (Summers for Redcar??)

As at June 01st Aaron was 3rd in the Bears averages as Matej Kus was still on his assessed 7.00 points. Matej's first 'official average' did not come into effect until June 03rd.