British Speedway Forum

First things first, the PL Pairs is always a cracking meeting and no doubt will be so again this year.

BUT let me get this right, someone somewhere has decided to overlook the combined talents of Gjedde & Doyle and instead go for a pairing including, heavens above, Derek Sneddon :shock::shock::shock:

He'll nearly get lapped :shock::rofl:

All the best

Rob

Has anyone else noticed that the admission charge for this meeting has gone up to £20 :mad:

I,m sure that it was around the £15 mark last year.Looks like the BSPA are trying to cash in :mad:

I can't believe the whingeing on here - I've been looking forward to this, the GP and the Welsh Open for months - a perfect Speedway weekend - I'm even bringing some good ol' Owsley's Aussie Sunshine with me!

Dave, if you can bring that, I'll join the queue to buy you a beer! Whatever the weather, have a good weekend!

So who do you all think will be in the final then?? ;)

I reckon "Masters & Gathercole V Ashworth & Parker"

So who do you all think will be in the final then?? ;)

I reckon "Masters & Gathercole V Ashworth & Parker"

I thought I read on the BSPA that Ashworth had Withdrawn, but it was not announced who would take his place,Sanchez or Skidmore Maybe.

I thought I read on the BSPA that Ashworth had Withdrawn, but it was not announced who would take his place,Sanchez or Skidmore Maybe.

Certainly won't be Sanchez - think he's had 6 rides here this year and failed to score a point.

Certainly won't be Sanchez - think he's had 6 rides here this year and failed to score a point.

Yeah he fell off for 2 of them!

I read the piece on the BSPA site as saying that Ashworth was ruled out of last week's fixtures by his injuries but hopes to be fit for Thursday and Friday next week.

First things first, the PL Pairs is always a cracking meeting and no doubt will be so again this year.

BUT let me get this right, someone somewhere has decided to overlook the combined talents of Gjedde & Doyle and instead go for a pairing including, heavens above, Derek Sneddon :shock::shock::shock:

All the best

Rob

Yes that pairing may of added a few more on the gate at Somerset :t:

New castle qualified as the highest average top two riders, with Lemon & Robson, but the Diamonds injury jinx means they have to choose lower down the order.

Gjedde's awful start to the season means he has a low avergae, and Doyle's is surprisingly low too. Newport didn't qualify - and their combined top two averages were even lower than Ipswich, who scraped in when Plymouth withdrew.

Why do they over complicate things .. Host club and previous winning club qualify automatically. Two semi's of 6 with the top 3 qualifying from each group. Each club can add any two riders . Surely that is a more sensisble qualification ?

Why do they over complicate things .. Host club and previous winning club qualify automatically. Two semi's of 6 with the top 3 qualifying from each group. Each club can add any two riders . Surely that is a more sensisble qualification ?

best pairs what a joke,for it to be called BEST that should mean all the teams in the league,i`m a newport fan and clad that we are not in this mickey mouse pairs.

What's wrong with deciding qualification on the combined average of the top two in a team? It's straightforward and sensible. That way you don't have to have a supplementary qualification rule if the hosts are the previous year's winner.

What's wrong with deciding qualification on the combined average of the top two in a team? It's straightforward and sensible. That way you don't have to have a supplementary qualification rule if the hosts are the previous year's winner.

Because eventually the pairs will be decided by your starting average at the beginning of the year . Rolling averges will not fluctuate like previous systems.

So it's top 2 in the averages, but you can use your 2nd and 3rd in the average for the meeting? Or in Newcastles case 2nd and 5th!

If it's any two of your top 3, you should use the top 3 riders averages. And why use rolling averages? The 2011 pairs is based on half of 2010s meetings :s