British Speedway Forum

So it's top 2 in the averages, but you can use your 2nd and 3rd in the average for the meeting? Or in Newcastles case 2nd and 5th!

If it's any two of your top 3, you should use the top 3 riders averages. And why use rolling averages? The 2011 pairs is based on half of 2010s meetings :s

Exactly ! the BSPA will eventually need to look at this with rolling averages.

I thought I read on the BSPA that Ashworth had Withdrawn, but it was not announced who would take his place,Sanchez or Skidmore Maybe.

I think the plan is for Ricky to take his place in the Pairs.

Because eventually the pairs will be decided by your starting average at the beginning of the year .

No it won't, it will be based on the rolling averages at the 1st June, or whatever month it's run in.

Rolling averges will not fluctuate like previous systems.

They will fluctuate, just not by as much.

So it's top 2 in the averages, but you can use your 2nd and 3rd in the average for the meeting? Or in Newcastles case 2nd and 5th!

If it's any two of your top 3, you should use the top 3 riders averages. And why use rolling averages? The 2011 pairs is based on half of 2010s meetings :s

There has to be some qualification process. Why use top the three averages? Why use only 2011 averages? Whatever the process for deciding there will be people moaning that it should be different. Just thank the gods they're not basing it on scores in heat 15 any more.

Edited by Stoaty

There has to be some qualification process. Why use top the three averages? Why use only 2011 averages? Whatever the process for deciding there will be people moaning that it should be different. Just thank the gods they're not basing it on scores in heat 15 any more.

There doesn't need to be a selection process. They should simply devise a format that enables all the teams to take part.

No it won't, it will be based on the rolling averages at the 1st June, or whatever month it's run in.

They will fluctuate, just not by as much.

And the rolling averages are over 35~ 36 matches ? which will go back into the previous year ?

When will the Premier League Pairs be re-run. As it is 95% chance it will be rained off on Friday?

Not according to today's (Wednesday) Accuweather :unsure::unsure:

Highbridge, Somerset, EnglandHour by Hour Forecast Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hourly Weather Summary Friday Evening, June 24:

3pm

16°C

Mostly Cloudy

Precip Type--

4pm

15°C

Cloudy

Precip Type--

5pm

15°C

Cloudy

Precip Type--

6pm

14°C

Cloudy

Precip Type--

7pm

14°C

Cloudy

Precip Type--

8pm

14°C

Cloudy

Precip Type--

9pm

13°C

Cloudy

Precip Type--

10pm

13°C

Cloudy

Precip Type--

Edited by Hoggy

No offence and being selfish.... but Hope not!! Will give Lemo a chance to get fit and give us a fighting chance.we deserve a bit of fortune... I presume plymouths withdrawal would still stand for the re staging, even if Barker is available???

The issue with the Ota is the curfue at 10pm I honestly don't understand why there is one its next to a bloody motorway! Weathers looking okay at the moment.

The issue with the Ota is the curfue at 10pm I honestly don't understand why there is one its next to a bloody motorway! Weathers looking okay at the moment.

The cows have to get their beauty sleep! :rofl:

With a 10pm curfew, they are cutting it VERY fine with a 7.30pm start time :neutral:

Managed it for the last three seasons.A lot of tracks have a curfew.

Edited by Cliffeboy