British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahLapworth

Team Viking - 2011

Just wanted to let you all Know that Team Viking academy makes its debut in the Midland League at home to Long Eaton tomorrow night at Sheffield after the premier league meeting.

We probably wont be doing a tour until next easter now but plans are on the table to do a bona fide Premier league challenge in October as we will have enough viking riders in the PL at that time to justify it. And yes Wanna and SCB that would include Tommy Jorgensen lol :party:

Edited by SarahLapworth

Just wanted to let you all Know that Team Viking academy makes its debut in the Midland League at home to Long Eaton tomorrow night at Sheffield after the premier league meeting.

We probably wont be doing a tour until next easter now but plans are on the table to do a bona fide Premier league challenge as we will have enough viking riders in the PL at that time to justify it. And yes Wanna and SCB that would include Tommy Jorgensen lol :party:

Good luck with that, would be interesting to see how they do next year against a Full PL Side.

You should come to Newport with a fixture as both Wanna & possibly SCB might be there to see it.

Edited by shirlmeister general

We probably wont be doing a tour until next easter now but plans are on the table to do a bona fide Premier league challenge in October as we will have enough viking riders in the PL at that time to justify it. And yes Wanna and SCB that would include Tommy Jorgensen lol :party:

Line up ?

Sadly no mention of this racing tacking place on the Sheffield website ?

http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/news.php?extend.970

According to Long Eaton's Website the teams are

Team Viking: Byron Bekker, Andrew Blackburn, Ben Holloway, Lee Geary

Long Eaton: Chris Widman, Liam Rumsey, Lewis Blackbird and Steven Jones

http://www.longeatoninvaders.co.uk/

Nice one , Chris widman always used to beat me on the track.

Full results on the Long Eaton website, or in the Amateur section on the forum. Unfortunately Bryon couldn't ride due to damaging his shoulder in a nasty accident at BV on Wednesday and his place was taken by Ben Hopwood. Steve Jones couldn't ride due to his licence not arriving in time so Daniel Mitchell stepped in at short notice as cover.

Time was very tight after a protracted PL meeting but 6 heats were slotted in somehow with all riders ready to go as soon as one race finished. Well done to Nigel and the staff at Sheffield for making it happen.

Martin Widman

Hi everyone

I am looking for your opinions please.

A lot of people have asked me over the last month if I intend to ever bring back the full Team Viking touring team to these shores.

I appreciate that we have achieved a lot in the last 2 years and now have 4 former Vikings racing in the premier league however as I'm sure most of you are aware things went pretty bad for us on our April 2011 tour due to riders pulling out at the last minute and after that I did say enough was enough.

I still have that hunger inside me to do it again as I feel we have achieved so much to let it go. Maybe we could look at October or April 2012 but now we are looking at some feedback from YOU the FANS on what you think

I appreciate all your comments on this

Cheers

Kelvin Lapworth

Hi everyone

Edited by SarahLapworth

You know I want Team Viking back :P