British Speedway Forum
Paul

Hackney V Mildenhall Koc

What a win for the Fen Tigers :approve:

And a big well done to Joe Jacobs on an immaculate display for 4 races only spoilt by a shed chain in heat 15 :drink:

So did Cameron have a spin after the meeting?Couldn't be bothered to go on the off chance, since no one could confirm if he would.

Edited by davidba

Fantastic win for the tigers..everyone put the effort in.Jacobs was lightning from the tapes and was unlucky in heat 14.Brilliant turn out by the Mildenhall fans..was easily half the crowd IMO :)

Yes Cameron was in the 2nd half..I saw 1 race..comfortably beating hopwood and getting a time of 59.9..not bad for his 1st time there :)

Fantastic win for the tigers..everyone put the effort in.Jacobs was lightning from the tapes and was unlucky in heat 14.Brilliant turn out by the Mildenhall fans..was easily half the crowd IMO :)

Yes Cameron was in the 2nd half..I saw 1 race..comfortably beating hopwood and getting a time of 59.9..not bad for his 1st time there :)

For reference Ht 14 was won by Joe Jacobs in a time of 60.2

There were three second half races, all involving Heeps, Hopwood and Strudwick (Niall). The first two finished in that order with Hopwood beating Heeps in the final one. Robert Lambert also did two sets of demonstration laps, and was actually faster than Heeps

Had 3 rides, both against Hopwood and Strudwick. Certainly proved he could gate - won 2 and Hopwood won the third. A track that catches a few out he looked quite comfortable - couldn't believe how many stopped to watch him.

Great win for Mildenhall on a tricky ridge laden track like Rye House. Joe Jacobs had a brill meeting only spoilt by a chain break. And Cameron Heeps who will be Witches very talented reserve next season :drink: showed what a fantastic prospect he is by winning his first ever race at Rye House in the second half races and then another :)

There were three second half races, all involving Heeps, Hopwood and Strudwick (Niall). The first two finished in that order with Hopwood beating Heeps in the final one. Robert Lambert also did two sets of demonstration laps, and was actually faster than Heeps

I meant heat 15 my appologies :)

Just saying it as I see it and being realistic thats all. The Rye House track is the worst Ive seen so whats wrong stating the facts :cheers:

You obviously didn't go to Ipswich before last season then. :rolleyes:

good win for the fen tigers my only problem is with the management they think that adam portwood is better than nick he was miles of the pace and clearly not ready for this level his points was given to him just my thought

The promotion think Portwood is going to progress more than what Nick will so gave him the chance..I see no problem with that..Nicks been given a chance,and apart from 1 meeting hasn't delivered tbh..Portwood may not be ready for nl racing,but he can't do any worse than Nick so you may aswell give him the experience IMO

good win for the fen tigers my only problem is with the management they think that adam portwood is better than nick he was miles of the pace and clearly not ready for this level his points was given to him just my thought

Firstly well done to the Fen Tigers on a great home and away KOC victory against the Hawks.

Secondly you cannot complain about the vibe at the club this season, or the crowds that are attending.

Now to Dannielles comment and the difficult No 6 position.

The Management clearly thought from pre season that they would be able to convince the BSPA to let Cameron Heeps ride and therefore announced him at the pre season Fan Forum. With the subsequent signing of Lewis at reserve this left the Management with a decision to find a "temporary" rider until Cameron arrived. Danny Stoneman, I thought, did well and then Nick came in. I have known Nick for a couple of years and you couldnt ask for someone to try harder than Nick does but the scores didnt reflect his efforts so the Management have decided to give Adam a chance.

If the latest in the press is correct, that the BSPA have confirmed that Cameron cannot ride in the NL this season, which some people have said all along would be the case then the Management have to make a decision for the rest of the season.

Do they:

1) Give a young, local, British lad a chance in Adam and stick with him throughout, no matter what. Could be a long term view looking towards next season.

2) Find a more experienced 3.00 ish rider, if there is one, to give solid backup to the other reserve.

3) Have vulture races at home in the second halves for the No 6 spot with Adam P racing, for example Adam Kirby, Niall Strudwick, Nick Laurence and/or someone else.

Its great to see the above young riders wanting to come to Mildenhall for regular second halves and long may that continue.

Unfortunately, it seems that the "signing" of Cameron has caused a season long problem at No 6 for the Fen Tigers but someone may grab this opportunity.

If they do the Fen Tigers could win something this season.

Well I am sure all the Fen-Tigers fans at Rye (Hackney) last night would have enjoyed themselves and may want to see it again, those who didnt go may want to see it too. And now you can, the DVD of this Tigers win is now edited and ready.

All the action and interviews included, plus Pete Hill's brilliant unbiased live match commentary.

Two ways you can purchase it, from teh website link below or take a chance on e-bay where you could get it for as litlte as £1!

As for the match, The Fen-Tigers were simply too good for a rather sluggish Hawks team who seem to be under performing in certain areas.

Few ok races if you are a Hawks supporter, but plenty for the visitors.

As for the refereeing, well I dont normally comment on these guys as they have a difficult job anyway, but last nights was consistantly in-consistant and some poor decisions left a few people scratching their heads from both camps. (See the dvd and replays and make yer own mind up).

Good luck to the West row club in the next round, I think you could see some silverware coming your way come September.

Edited by KenB1

our home advantage seems to be disapearing with the dirt that used to prove more than the current one racing line.

It may be something to do with the fact that an ex Rocket and pit regular has been advising away sides on the correct sprocket settings to use :angry:

Brilliant turn out by the Mildenhall fans..was easily half the crowd IMO :)

Similar to your last season of PL racing at West Row when most visiting sides supporters provided half the crowd, or in Rye House's case three quarters!!

Even the track staff outnumber the Hawks support at Rye House

Edited by Shadders

That young Robert Lambert flew round in a very impressive 59.2 WOW getting quicker. Keep it up young man :t: