British Speedway Forum
Paul

Hackney V Mildenhall Koc

For reference Ht 14 was won by Joe Jacobs in a time of 60.2

There were three second half races, all involving Heeps, Hopwood and Strudwick (Niall). The first two finished in that order with Hopwood beating Heeps in the final one. Robert Lambert also did two sets of demonstration laps, and was actually faster than Heeps

Good to catch up last night Arnie.

Robert Lambert certainly impressed in the 2nd half, hopefully the Mildenhall promotion can encourage him that his future maybe lies with Mildenhall/Ipswich!

Whether it is the cost of entry, or the name change, or a bit of both I am unsure, but Rye House was like a morgue last night until a good number of Mildenhall supporters arrived to bolster the crowd.

The score doesn't really show how much in charge we were of the meeting, and victory could have been by more than the eight points.

A decent meeting and the 'tricky ledge laden' track that aljack continuingly whines on about didn't pose any problems to these riders :rolleyes:

The team seem to be really clicking into gear now, and hopefully we can beat the IoW in the semi final and set up a final against Dudley :approve:

Even the track staff outnumber the Hawks support at Rye House

:rofl::lol:

Whether it is the cost of entry, or the name change, or a bit of both I am unsure, but Rye House was like a morgue last night until a good number of Mildenhall supporters arrived to bolster the crowd.

As a neutral going for the last 5 years I have missed more meetings at Rye this year than the rest of the other years combined – yes to the price, yes to the name change and yes to the outdated presentation.

I was also shocked at Len's "take it or leave it" comment a few meetings ago. It looks like quite a few people have decided to leave it.

putting the price up and dropping the 'rye house' name was the final straw for some of the die hards that used to follow the nl team at hoddesdon, me included. this is not a moan just an observation! :wink:

The team seem to be really clicking into gear now, and hopefully we can beat the IoW in the semi final and set up a final against Dudley :approve:

:t: thanks for the compliment..but we are,nt in the final yet ;)

:t: thanks for the compliment..but we are,nt in the final yet ;)

And neither are we! I think though it would be a great final and would see two big crowds with an excellent atmosphere :approve:

Even the track staff outnumber the Hawks support at Rye House

There is only one group of people who suffer when the support stays away and thats not the promoters it's the lads on the track that are giving there all to the sport.

IAM NEW 2 THE FORUM AND I WOULD LIKE 2 SAY I HAVE BEEN A HACKNEY AND RYE FAN 4FOR 31YEARS .I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE A HACKNEY TEAM RETURN TO THE TRACK. AS A SPEEDWAY FAN IN GENERAL IT IS GOOD TO SEE NEW TEAMS IN ALL LEVALS OF THE SPORT SO FANS NEED TO GET BEHIND THE TEAM FOR THE GOOD OF THE SPORT.SO FOR PEOPLE TO MOAN ABOUT THE RETURN OF HACKNEY DOES NO GOOD AT ALL.WELL DONE TO RYE HOUSE AND LAKESIDE.

There is only one group of people who suffer when the support stays away and thats not the promoters it's the lads on the track that are giving there all to the sport.

No disrespect intended to any rider at any speedway club but it is the promoters fault if people stay away – Len has been very greedy this year and folks have had enough.

If you are going to charge the most expensive prices in the league then quite simply you have to offer the best evenings entertainment, which clearly isn't the case at Rye. :angry:

If Len had kept his prices the same and done his job of PROMOTING, including upping the presentation, then we wouldn't be having this thread. :drink:

Great words Kasper. I returned to speedway for the first time in years but did find it a little bit half hearted from the promotion. No fish, Mr Silver with a dodgy mike and in his notes he said pretty much it wasn't worth the riders even bothering as the result was a foregone conclusion.

I returned to the sport to see my team and I guess the attendance was poor because of the half hearted attitude.

Great idea but we need to commit fully and really buy into this thing. The evening for me was very nostalgic and recognising the odd face in the crowd took me back years, which is great for me personally but things move on and I would loved to have come away thinking this was the start of something new and enterprising that will have new and younger fans really buying into it. Let's swap Len Silver for Joey Essex! Ok maybe not.

:rofl::lol:

As a neutral going for the last 5 years I have missed more meetings at Rye this year than the rest of the other years combined – yes to the price, yes to the name change and yes to the outdated presentation.

I was also shocked at Len's "take it or leave it" comment a few meetings ago. It looks like quite a few people have decided to leave it.

Well the whole package at Rye House is awful. I went early season and there was not one good thing I could say about the set up there and neither could my fellow 15 Witches fans that came with me. Len Silver is just a greedy man making outrageous statements, no wonder the fans stay away.

Ok I know this may come across a bit arrogant but being a former Hackney fan I guess it's a little impossible really satisfying us. The cosy set up you have here is nice and I guess if I lived in hoddeston or within a few miles of the track I can see why you would follow a team like rye house but in football terms it's a bit like say the wheels coming off at the emirates and they closed down then 15 years later leyton orient offer you a ground to temporarily play your games.

As said in my previous post, Hackney was a phonemonem and I think if this was really going to take off I think it would take a name change at rye to say, Hackney Hawks and really commit to the elite league and maybe running with a "B" team running in the national league and call them something like the Hoddeston silver haired rockets? What do you think friends?

Edited by Lesney Lea

No disrespect intended to any rider at any speedway club but it is the promoters fault if people stay away – Len has been very greedy this year and folks have had enough.

If you are going to charge the most expensive prices in the league then quite simply you have to offer the best evenings entertainment, which clearly isn't the case at Rye. :angry:

If Len had kept his prices the same and done his job of PROMOTING, including upping the presentation, then we wouldn't be having this thread. :drink:

I agree It is a toss up between supporting the team and giving into what seem to be seen as unreasonable demands of the promotion. I just wanted to say, when all is said and done, don't forget who is at the bottom of this. The boys have a difficult enough job as it is.

Ok I know this may come across a bit arrogant but being a former Hackney fan I guess it's a little impossible really satisfying us. The cosy set up you have here is nice and I guess if I lived in hoddeston or within a few miles of the track I can see why you would follow a team like rye house but in football terms it's a bit like say the wheels coming off at the emirates and they closed down then 15 years later leyton orient offer you a ground to temporarily play your games.

As said in my previous post, Hackney was a phonemonem and I think if this was really going to take off I think it would take a name change at rye to say, Hackney Hawks and really commit to the elite league and maybe running with a "B" team running in the national league and call them something like the Hoddeston silver haired rockets? What do you think friends?

I think Lea, Matchbox. :lol:

I guess Uncle Lennie is taking thsi seaosn as an experiment to see if he can drag a few quid out of people by using the Hackney name. By what people are saying on here, its not working t well. Next season will he call it quits with 3rd tier Speedway or go back to using the Rye name ?