British Speedway Forum

Middleditch announced that his World Cup squad was at the British Final and will be announced shortly. That was a clear statement that Stead isn't included.

Here's my pick (without Stead)

Harris

Nicholls

Woffinden

Kennett

Barker

--------------

Bridger

King

Robson

Allen

Middleditch announced that his World Cup squad was at the British Final and will be announced shortly. That was a clear statement that Stead isn't included.

Harris

Nicholls

Woffinden

Kennett

Barker

--------------

Bridger

King

Robson

Allen

I think i'd go along with that except for maybe it being a toss up between barker and bridger....... maybe the guy who has prepared the best

Obviously it was Brits vs Brits the other night but I was pleasantly suprised with some of the racing and the will to win..... despite agreeing with the line that Rico has taken it is almost a shame that he wont be taking part as we are looking better than we have for years now that a few of the guys are maturing

The team has been picked for the King's Lynn round

Harris

Nicholls

Woffinden

Kennett

Barker

no surprises but if something happened to one of the team before Kings Lynn I'd like to see Robbo in the side. 100% rider who would mix it but he's not in the squad so that wont happen

Harris

Nicholls

Woffinden

Kennett

Barker

--------------

Bridger

King

Robson

Allen

Top five is a no brainer really.

Of the other 4 only Robson would be worth a try at that level this year with Bridger next in line should things get desperate. King and Allen aren't up to it.

I think Barker will do a good job.

Personally don't think Barker is up to it,i would like to see Stead in the team if fit,if not Danny King would be better than Barker at Kings Lynn,outscored him last night at Peterborough.

I think seeing as it's at Kings Lynn, Allen would be the next in line, although it's a gamble, if he gates he can beat anyone, but you won't see him overtake!

Any news on Poland or Russia's squads?

Edited by davidba

Any news on Poland or Russia's squads?

Unsurprisingly, World Champion Tomasz Gollob is in the squad and he will be joined by fellow Grand Prix riders Jaroslaw Hampel, Rune Holta & Janusz Kolodziej, member from last seasons events Adrian Miedzinski is include while Cieślak has opted for Piotr Protasiewicz and four riders who currently ride in the UK, Krzysztof Buczkowski, Maciej Janowski, Przemysław Pawlicki, & Krzysztof Kasprzak.

The right 5 for me based on form. Bridger's form appears to have dipped of late and his British final appearance didn't help his case. I'm not Barker's number one fan but he is riding very well this year and you know with Ben that he will always try his best. I reckon this means a hell of a lot to him as well as he has always come across very patriotic.

Hope Pawlicki gets to feature for Poland but it seems unlikely given their strength.

Edited by TrueBee

Ben Barker in Team GB,the guy is a PL rider with no ambition.

didn't he win the Elite League with Coventry last season ?

didn't he win the Elite League with Coventry last season ?

And he's riding EL with Birmingham this year with a near 8.00 average, higher than Tai Woffinden's average.

Fairly sure Woffinden was a PL rider when making his debut in the World Cup too. Jan Staechmann was a 2nd division World Finalist and Carl Stonehewer a PL Grand Prix rider for a couple of seasons. Still, you have to laugh at some posts!

Edited by ImpartialOne

Really? :blink: So what about the continental meetings he does + all the Elite League ones? :unsure:

You mean the guy who 2.5 years ago when still only an 8 point PL man went full time EL?

There are a few things you can never accuse Barker of, one of them is having no ambition.