British Speedway Forum
alan_boon

British Grand Prix, 25/06/11

They seem to forget without the young fans, to carry the love of speedway on then ITS OVER!!!! Not acceptable From any rider.IMO

Not many around where I was in the stadium sang along, as I did, with the Welsh National Anthem! :angry::wink:

Well, if they sang a version of it in a proper language (e.g. English), we'd be able to join in. :wink::P

All the best

Rob

Have a guess

Hmmmm. Guess Who. I love this game.

Were they actually riding in the GP??????

Not many around where I was in the stadium sang along, as I did, with the Welsh National Anthem! :angry::wink:

I, of course, sang it.

Hmmmm. Guess Who. I love this game.

Were they actually riding in the GP??????

Wanna, on 27 June 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Surely not mr bridger?

NO he was riding at the GP

Wanna, on 27 June 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Surely not mr bridger?

NO he was riding at the GP

Emil? or Scott?

Edited by scottrocks

First trip for a few years for myself to Cardiff... not since Tony R's epic 'wall of death' ride around one of the fences. The programme seemed to have doubled in price and was only half complete as they had forgot to put in which riders were in what race...

A fantastic view & atmosphere was to be found as you entered the main arena & luckily I had packed some mountaineering gear enabling me to get to my seat on U6.

Stacey off the tele sung well and the opening ceremony was impressive & set the scene for a fantastic meeting... I bet the track will have a great surface as they've been doing this job for a few years... & its indoors so they haven't got to worry about rain... oh bugger that looks a bit dry... I'll bet they'll water it soon... Well no they bloody didn't!

There probably is a very good technical reason why the only track maintenance allowed was to re-spread some dust over the track every 4 races, which maybe some speedway white coated scientists could tell us about.

Despite this the racing did improve and was great & everything... but I don't see why a track, especially indoors can't have a grippy surface. Just because one off world finals in the past & previous GP's have had processional racing, doesn't mean that a better surface shouldn't be strived for.

Despite this, Cardiff is still the year's highlight & for us Heathen fans our old boy Greg kept going the fine tradition of winning world championship events.

Neither

2 down.. 14 to go... or could it be 15 to go if he includes Woffinden. Not counting Barker as he did not ride in the GP.

2 down.. 14 to go... or could it be 15 to go if he includes Woffinden. Not counting Barker as he did not ride in the GP.

i'll stick my oar in and say crump,though he's my favourite rider i would never claim him to be the most

easy going of blokes,when i was having brekkie in the celtic manor two years ago he was 10 yards away,decided

to leave him alone as i didn't want to get a bad impression of him like whoever the chap in the services

has given.

they say never meet your heroes!

Great event, I love this weekend. Dont care about the cost, the programme, the singers, I thought the whole thing was fantastically organised, even down to the music they played around the heats (although poor Bomber got the Man City anthem when he won, not the Man U one!! note to organisers, Man U anthem is This is the one by Stone Roses, Bomber will prefer that).

Racing was good, dramatic semis and final, some good heats, Emil last bend pass on Crumpie, top drawer.

As a motor racing spectacle, this takes some beating, I have been to Silverstone for both F1 and Moto GP and neither comes close.

The only thing I would change is to do the draw for racing in time for the printed programmes to reflect it in the scoresheets.

i'll stick my oar in and say crump,though he's my favourite rider i would never claim him to be the most

easy going of blokes,when i was having brekkie in the celtic manor two years ago he was 10 yards away,decided

to leave him alone as i didn't want to get a bad impression of him like whoever the chap in the services

has given.

they say never meet your heroes!

Crumpie doesnt live in Britain any more, so I wouldnt have thought it was him. Certainly not Greg Hancock, he would have helped you fill the car with petrol.

It was indeed Mr Crump

Met him once before and he was a little less than freindly but still signed an autograph , this time he literally turned his back on the kids

Anyway there you have it