British Speedway Forum
alan_boon

British Grand Prix, 25/06/11

Yes indeed it was

good guess by me :rolleyes:

poor from him tho if thats the case

Edited by crumpiefan

Crumpy has taken some stick in his past career, I will never forget an ELRC at Coventry which he won, dunno what year, when he was so frustrated with the fans booing him he said summat like "What have I got to do!".

There is NO EXCUSE for not acknowledging those children though, very, very unprofessional imo :(

There's loads of riders out there who don't or hardly acknowledge the fans, perhaps we should start a list, name and shame all of them!! It's the least they could do for the fans who pay their wages!! I don't think their Polish promoters would let them get away with it over there!!!!

I dont want to make this into a witch hunt against him

BUT i am a 41 yr old bloke with 2 kids aged 6 and 4 who went to cardiff with 2 other families - who i introduced to speedway last season

We regularly go to the Bees and almost to a man every rider has been courteous and freindly to the kids (BEN BARKER CHRIS HOLDER SIMON STEAD SCOTT NICHOLLS PETER KARLSSON especially)

I can assure you that what i described DID happen on saturday

Such a shame - but it wont stop me or the kids enjoying SPEEDWAY or discourage me from trying to get more families to come with us

PS 13 of us went - all families and we sat amongst hundreds of poles and we had a great time ,good banter and looking forward to next year

PETER KARLSSON especially)

Funny you should say that, his brother was the only person who point blank refused to give one of my kids an autograph. Always found Hans friendly, and David Norris and Dean Barker were different class.

Funny you should say that, his brother was the only person who point blank refused to give one of my kids an autograph. Always found Hans friendly, and David Norris and Dean Barker were different class.

Hans is freindly thats true - i only mentioned those few as they really went out there way to make my lad feel special BARKER and STEAD especially (and i know BARKER gets a lot of stick on here)

TAI was another who chatted to my lad for a minute or two as well

Hans is freindly thats true - i only mentioned those few as they really went out there way to make my lad feel special BARKER and STEAD especially (and i know BARKER gets a lot of stick on here)

TAI was another who chatted to my lad for a minute or two as well

Saw Greg Hancock on saturday, and he introduced himself to me!! What a guy!

Saw Greg Hancock on saturday, and he introduced himself to me!! What a guy!

My lads favourite rider is GREG

Never met him as the kids were not old enough when he left UK racing

Hope my lad gets the chance to meet him one day

On Friday afternoon Greg gave a young fan a signed cap (after some other fan shouted down to the parking area to him) nice one Greg. :)

We had the pleasure of meeting Nikki Pedersen at Leigh Delamere Services on Thursday morning. He stood and posed for a photo and had a quick chat... We also sat at the next table to Freddie Lindgren and his family/sponsors in an Italian Restaurant on Friday evening. Although it was obvious that we knew who he was we didn't bother him as respected the fact he was out enjoying his evening before an important occasion. If it'd been out on the street we certainly would've spoken to him and taken photo's, but in a restaurant no way!

We had the pleasure of meeting Nikki Pedersen at Leigh Delamere Services on Thursday morning. He stood and posed for a photo and had a quick chat... We also sat at the next table to Freddie Lindgren and his family/sponsors in an Italian Restaurant on Friday evening. Although it was obvious that we knew who he was we didn't bother him as respected the fact he was out enjoying his evening before an important occasion. If it'd been out on the street we certainly would've spoken to him and taken photo's, but in a restaurant no way!

Surprised you managed to keep Sarah quiet for that long :shock::lol::P

Surprised you managed to keep Sarah quiet for that long :shock::lol::P

When there's food about she's too busy stuffing her face!! :P

(That's me in BIG trouble!!) :rofl:

It was indeed Mr Crump

Met him once before and he was a little less than freindly but still signed an autograph , this time he literally turned his back on the kids

Anyway there you have it

Surprised to hear this. last time he was at Poole I asked him if my son could get a photo with him (Crump was his hero at the time), he readily agreed and spent about 5 mins talking to Mike about speedway etc. I was impressed with the fact that he spent the time to talk directly to Mike because as most parents will tell you adults have a habit of talking over the kids to the parent.

what right does any one have to stop a 'star' for an autograph when they are going about there daily business and not at the workplace.

most will oblidge but if they dont want to sign or have pictures taken then tough luck. There is a time and place for everything and Crumpy had just got stuffed in a gp on a track where he would have expected to win or at least get big points. GP hopes up in smoke ?

I dont blame him if he was fed up, tired, miserable as it was late at night and he was on his way home.

Are those moaning about him always in a happy mood after a bad day at the office ?

Edited by Mark

what right does any one have to stop a 'star' for an autograph when they are going about there daily business and not at the workplace.

most will oblidge but if they dont want to sign or have pictures taken then tough luck. There is a time and place for everything and Crumpy had just got stuffed in a gp on a track where he would have expected to win or at least get big points. GP hopes up in smoke ?

I dont blame him if he was fed up, tired, miserable as it was late at night and he was on his way home.

Are those moaning about him always in a happy mood after a bad day at the office ?

Just got home from GP after spending a few days with Mrs.K in Wales (Well someone had to) so I have'nt read any of the posts so if I repeat what others have already said then I apologise.

* Atmosphere in stadium pretty poor, compared with last year and pre meeting entertainment crap at best,sorry but "Stacey Iceland" was never going to get the crowd going, someone even had to tell her she had the crowd behind her aswell.

** Early racing pretty poor but improved as the meeting went on, the two programmed Brits did what I thought they would do, nothing,ok Harris won 1 heat but did'nt push on from there, however Tai looked good when he came out,strange as it was his first ride,the other two Brits had already had the advantage of rides ???

*** Gollob,being the current World Champ,looked more like "World Chump" as he could'nt make up his mind what bike to ride,a big disappointment !!!!

**** Well done to Greg Hancock, a superb nights work and hopefully World Champ 2011.

Having said all that we will be back next year !!!!

Mr.K