British Speedway Forum
alan_boon

British Grand Prix, 25/06/11

Regarding good/bad riders, someone mention Dave Norris and Dean Barker. When the pair of them rode at Newport years back now, my sister come along to see Floppy because she liked him on tele. After the meeting she was for an autograph but got shy but he saw this so come over and said hi and chatted to us both for what seemed like ages, could not fault the guy at all. Onto Crumpy, when he did the Welsh Open in 2001 at Newport when he was not out riding he was wandering around signing autographs. After the meeting he was in the pits signing autographs (with Johno), 45 minutes later he was STILL in the pits signing autographs and handing out photos when I left. I've also popped over to a Crumpy training school at Newport where he spent time going between those at the school, the fans in the stand and his kids who were at the back of the pits. Both times I've seen him at Newport he has been a credit to the sport. BUT he does have a reputation for being a moody sod.

As it stands, I can only ever remember 1 rider refusing a chat/autograph in all my years of going to speedway, someone everyone seems to think is a "nice guy" too :rolleyes:

what right does any one have to stop a 'star' for an autograph when they are going about there daily business and not at the workplace.

most will oblidge but if they dont want to sign or have pictures taken then tough luck. There is a time and place for everything and Crumpy had just got stuffed in a gp on a track where he would have expected to win or at least get big points. GP hopes up in smoke ?

I dont blame him if he was fed up, tired, miserable as it was late at night and he was on his way home.

Are those moaning about him always in a happy mood after a bad day at the office ?

Spot On, Mark!

Just because we know who they are doesn't make us bosom buddies; there's plenty of occasions where Jason's been the King of the Kids and just as many where we have to respect his privacy, respect being the key word.

Interesting to see Nicki Pedersen with the support of the GP riders endorsing the Cardiff track as "the best indoor track we have ridden on" in todays Speedway Star.Several members on here have been critical of the track,its hard to know who is right and who is wrong?

Interesting to see Nicki Pedersen with the support of the GP riders endorsing the Cardiff track as "the best indoor track we have ridden on" in todays Speedway Star.Several members on here have been critical of the track,its hard to know who is right and who is wrong?

No brainer surely? ...I'd always side with the people who actually have to race on it... Perhaps by "the best", NP meant "the least bumpy and rut free!!"

The riders know what they are talking about. If they say the track is good, how do supporters know better?

The riders know what they are talking about. If they say the track is good, how do supporters know better?

Did Jason Crump have a problem with it. He wasn't a happy bunny was he, he was a proper sourpuss on Sky before the meeting ??

If ever there was a " F**k off and leave me alone face" , he was wearing it.

Prima donna extraordinaire !!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacques

Did Jason Crump have a problem with it. He wasn't a happy bunny was he, he was a proper sourpuss on Sky before the meeting ??

He could have been feeling a bit of pressure in the run up to the start of the meeting. I understand the GP series is quite important to the riders involved in it. :unsure:

He could have been feeling a bit of pressure in the run up to the start of the meeting. I understand the GP series is quite important to the riders involved in it. :unsure:

Weren't they all ? :unsure:

Weren't they all ? :unsure:

I understand the point you were making , but there's a lot of patronising gits on this forum . :rolleyes:

The interview with Crump out on the track sounded to me like he was full of praise for the track, all be it in his understated manner. Yes, pre-meeting he was a bit off with Mr. Green but to be honest, Green was making a fool of himself. He knows riders are very nervous before the start and don't need any distractions yet he still kept bounding in to their pit areas while crews were trying to work and riders were trying to focus. What did he expect?

Whenever I'm in the pits with any rider pre-meeting I know when to leave them be, you can tell from their body language when it's time to just let them get in the zone and not be hassled. And with a GP that is zone is even more intensified.

the world is a great place for Nicki if his bikes are fast

if they arent then I would expect the opposite opinion..... along with a string of on track incidents

The man is gold dust for the series but IMO because he has made it more about his panto/WWE approach it is difficult to trust what he is saying

my pictures HERE

Spot On, Mark!

Just because we know who they are doesn't make us bosom buddies; there's plenty of occasions where Jason's been the King of the Kids and just as many where we have to respect his privacy, respect being the key word.

LMFAO if i was having a bad day at the office and the person who contributes to my wages wanted to see me - then i would smile and go and see them

What a load of ****

This was 6 kids under 10

I hope his kids have heroes one day and when they get a chance to meet them , they turn their back on his kids

Then he can face the awkward questions !

This was not a van full of leary blokes who wanted to berate him for his poor show at the GP , It was kids ! My son actally wearing a jason crump t hsirt and cap off his own personal website !!

Miserable Git , End of story