British Speedway Forum
mythman666

Berwick Vs Rye House

Was The meeting recorded on video?

Sickening injuries , broken lower back, broken collarbone, punctured lung, broken ribs, concussion.

Great to hear the progress and inprovement in Alex's situation since last night. I think I wouldn't have been the only one who thought the worse, given the reports and or non updates from last night. I fully endorse Bandits4life's reluctance to post details after the crash, it showed respect to the rider and his family, and the views of others to the contrary are totally irrelevant. I liked Alex from his riding at Brough for the Vikings, and was very pleased he signed, and was thrilling, the fans at Berwick with his swashbuckling style. Let's all hope Alex makes a full recovery soon and gets back to racing for the Bandits. Ironic and unfortunate for Adrian to have witnessed it.

I agree fully Tsunami, Badits4life was absolutely right not to post any more details.

I purposely didn't post at all until there was an official announcement.

He's had a very nasty crash, and here's wishing him a comfortable and speedy recovery.

His style and determination has already made Alex a legend at Berwick.

Edited by bigeddiechek

Alex is moved to another hospital for surgery.

Thank goodness for that , some of the stuff that was getting said on Facebook last night had me fearing the worst . Hope the lad makes a speedy recovery .

face book is a dangerous place to get info from

face book is a dangerous place to get info from

Whereas this place is as trustworthy as the BBC :rofl:

That crash last night was sickening :(. Pleased to hear that the injuries aren't as bad as 1st feared. Get well soon Alex.

As for the match, irrelvant because of the crash really. But well done to the lads for winning and special mention for Jade for continuing after also having an awful crash in front of myself on the backstraight...half a lap before Alex's.

Such awful bad luck for Alex and Berwick, just when he was settling in and getting used to British speedway, it really is a shame.

Best wishes to Alex for a full recovery, thoughts are with you and your family and friends, good luck in your recovery ..... I know you will be warmly welcomed back at Berwick.

Full marks to to B4L and the updater for their sensitivity regarding who may have been following and reading the updates.

Hope his recovery is full & speedy. Get Well Soon Alex!

Edited by icicle

Great to hear the progress and inprovement in Alex's situation since last night. I think I wouldn't have been the only one who thought the worse, given the reports and or non updates from last night. I fully endorse Bandits4life's reluctance to post details after the crash, it showed respect to the rider and his family, and the views of others to the contrary are totally irrelevant. I liked Alex from his riding at Brough for the Vikings, and was very pleased he signed, and was thrilling, the fans at Berwick with his swashbuckling style. Let's all hope Alex makes a full recovery soon and gets back to racing for the Bandits. Ironic and unfortunate for Adrian to have witnessed it.

Good post, totally agree. Best wishes to Alex for a quick and full recovery.

From the official Bandits' website

ALEX EDBERG UPDATE - Diagnosis - He Will Make Full Recovery!

Posted: 5th July 2011 by News Bandit

The Berwick Bandits are a club rejoicing this morning with every new piece of news to come out about their injured Swede Alex Edberg simply getting better and better.

On Saturday night the 20-year-old was involved in a freak high-speed and shocking crash which saw him fire at top speed into the fourth bend fencing, and subsequently whisked off to Wansbeck Hospital with the management left fearing the worst.

But miracles really do happen – even in speedway – and this morning there are a good many smiles around North Northumberland.

Edberg was transferred to Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary yesterday, Monday, where he underwent surgery to fix up his collarbone break and the chipped bone at the base of his back.

Whilst general visitors are to be discouraged until Thursday - or maybe Friday, team manager Ian Rae was granted a special dispensation to see his stricken new star yesterday evening, and he was a delighted man when he reported back saying: “It’s great to say Alex’s doctors have said his surgery has been a complete success!”

“He has full movement in all his limbs. His collarbone has been plated and pinned and his back has been fixed up. His broken ribs will heal in time and his punctured lung has re-inflated and basically put itself right and his cuts and lacerations to his forehead are certainly no problem at all.

“All indications are saying he will be fully and completely fit in around 12 weeks, but has been advised to keep off the bikes for a further three months. But – he’s already told me, with his father in full support that he wants to get on with training in mid-winter and rejoin the Bandits in March 2012! That’s bowled me over – what an amazing lad! He loved being a Bandit and wants to get back as soon as he can with us!

“Considering what we all saw on Saturday and what we secretly feared, well, to be standing here now, just two days later, and seeing and hearing what we are is stunning. It is unbelievable – and so very, very pleasing!”

Alex will naturally be at the R.V.I. for a few weeks and should anyone wish to send cards and messages of good wishes, the place to send them is: WARD 22 - 23 CLAREMONT WING, ROYAL VICTORIA INFIRMARY, QUEEN VICTORIA ROAD, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE1 4LP.

Then all we need to do is count the days ‘till the exciting Swede dons the Black and Gold colours once more.

I noticed on the Berwick website-news updates,that apart from the serious injuries to Edberg, it also mentions Davey as being a little off the pace following a nasty prang, and being left with a bent bike and battered body. But there is no mention of Mudgway who alse took a nasty tumble, and was left with a badly swollen knee and aching from head to foot by the time he got back home. Surely all the casualities should have been included on the updates!

Anyway a speedy recovery to all who were injured in the line of duty.

"The Mackem"

I noticed on the Berwick website-news updates,that apart from the serious injuries to Edberg, it also mentions Davey as being a little off the pace following a nasty prang, and being left with a bent bike and battered body. But there is no mention of Mudgway who alse took a nasty tumble, and was left with a badly swollen knee and aching from head to foot by the time he got back home. Surely all the casualities should have been included on the updates!

Anyway a speedy recovery to all who were injured in the line of duty.

"The Mackem"

Spot on, Mudgway had a torrid night last Saturday with several falls including a bad one in Heat 8. Have you heard if he is fit for Somerset at Berwick?

From the official Bandits' website

ALEX EDBERG UPDATE - Diagnosis - He Will Make Full Recovery!

Posted: 5th July 2011 by News Bandit

The Berwick Bandits are a club rejoicing this morning with every new piece of news to come out about their injured Swede Alex Edberg simply getting better and better.

On Saturday night the 20-year-old was involved in a freak high-speed and shocking crash which saw him fire at top speed into the fourth bend fencing, and subsequently whisked off to Wansbeck Hospital with the management left fearing the worst.

But miracles really do happen – even in speedway – and this morning there are a good many smiles around North Northumberland.

Edberg was transferred to Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary yesterday, Monday, where he underwent surgery to fix up his collarbone break and the chipped bone at the base of his back.

Whilst general visitors are to be discouraged until Thursday - or maybe Friday, team manager Ian Rae was granted a special dispensation to see his stricken new star yesterday evening, and he was a delighted man when he reported back saying: “It’s great to say Alex’s doctors have said his surgery has been a complete success!”

“He has full movement in all his limbs. His collarbone has been plated and pinned and his back has been fixed up. His broken ribs will heal in time and his punctured lung has re-inflated and basically put itself right and his cuts and lacerations to his forehead are certainly no problem at all.

“All indications are saying he will be fully and completely fit in around 12 weeks, but has been advised to keep off the bikes for a further three months. But – he’s already told me, with his father in full support that he wants to get on with training in mid-winter and rejoin the Bandits in March 2012! That’s bowled me over – what an amazing lad! He loved being a Bandit and wants to get back as soon as he can with us!

“Considering what we all saw on Saturday and what we secretly feared, well, to be standing here now, just two days later, and seeing and hearing what we are is stunning. It is unbelievable – and so very, very pleasing!”

Alex will naturally be at the R.V.I. for a few weeks and should anyone wish to send cards and messages of good wishes, the place to send them is: WARD 22 - 23 CLAREMONT WING, ROYAL VICTORIA INFIRMARY, QUEEN VICTORIA ROAD, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE1 4LP.

Then all we need to do is count the days ‘till the exciting Swede dons the Black and Gold colours once more.

Don't you just love Speedwayspeak. :lol: Great to hear but, and let's hope he has no hickups with his recovery. :approve:

Many thanks for that update LOL.

Edited by Tsunami