British Speedway Forum
childsy

Richard Hollingsworth

Its funny how scunny fans are stating newport tried messing up gate 3 for howe in heat 5 yet they weren't there.

No fixing was done to gate 3, the water bowser was going around the outside and wet gate 3 and part of gate 4, hollingsworth didn't like this and took it upon himself to go onto the track, pick up and rake and start tampering with gate 3. Fact.

His actions were silly and it was even funnier to see an official shout at him to see him running around the centre green.

dragged from gjeddes gate 4???

Oh dear me such bad losers. No I was not there due to a rather expensive GP stay over just up the road from Newport only a week before, however, the only sensible comment is from the neutral supporter anything else has a biased leaning in favour of the home team. Richard is a speedway unsung hero and can be seen encouraging youngsters ,oldies, amateurs and professionals throughout the winter months. It is people like him who keep the grass roots of our beloved sport alive, so that the kids of today can be the stars of tomorrow.

Give the man a break and get off his back he was sticking up for his team as a manager should.

Oh dear me such bad losers. No I was not there due to a rather expensive GP stay over just up the road from Newport only a week before, however, the only sensible comment is from the neutral supporter anything else has a biased leaning in favour of the home team. Richard is a speedway unsung hero and can be seen encouraging youngsters ,oldies, amateurs and professionals throughout the winter months. It is people like him who keep the grass roots of our beloved sport alive, so that the kids of today can be the stars of tomorrow.

Give the man a break and get off his back he was sticking up for his team as a manager should.

You clearly haven't read previous posts properly. I suggest you do that.

You clearly haven't read previous posts properly. I suggest you do that.

Was that your post that said something about you hardly being a SAW loser- think youve lost some screws as well. :approve:

Definitely seems to be a case of sore losers. Knowing Richard fairly well he would not do something like that without good reason.

Mind you If what he was doing was blantant cheating as you suggest you should get someone with rules there!!!! Oh hang on there is a Ref for things like that. Now what did he do???

Oh hang on there is a Ref for things like that. Now what did he do???

It was a she,and she couldn`t even get finishing positions right :rolleyes::lol:

It was a she,and she couldn`t even get finishing positions right :rolleyes::lol:

Will let you off with that one but my point still stands Its fans on here saying its cheating but not the officials who did nothing

He did say he wasn't there . Let's be fair us Newports fans ain't used to loosing are we 

Richard Hollingsworth = top bloke.

He breathes, eats and sleeps Scunthorpe Speedway.

All the best

Rob

Quite agree, Rob is one of the hardest working officials in speedway, giving all his spare time to it. He is passionate about it and is extremely fair. If he was enraged about something, I would put my money on it, that he would have good reason cos if you are looking for a drama queen, Rob is not your man. Long live people who are passionate about the sport, it didn't do Ian Thomas any harm did it.

Edited by Tsunami

Interesting thread.

I dont think Mr Hollingsworth deserves the insulsting reamrks directed at him on here, the posters who have insulted him are absoloutely indefensible and continually let themselves down with such remarks as well as reflecting poorly on Newport as a cluib.

I stated on Updates that i thought he had disgraced himself on the updates and feel i should explain my viewpoint, hopefully without some Scunny fan jumping down my neck and making silly remarks, like the referee was bought of, or some comments about the Malletts, or some comments prefixed about me or the Malletts being Welsh.

In the relevant match thread, i posted nothing containing my viewpoints on Mr Hollingsworth conduct, as i didn't want it to interfere or be jumped on as part of a post, that deserved to be praising Scunthorpe's performance, and celebrating there victory, as well as having time to reflect on what i wanted to say and attempt to give an assessment of his behaviour.

For someone experienced & very well respected with a good reputation and representing Scunthrope as a club i thought he disgraced himself.

Given that there are appropriate channels that he could have appealed to regarding both incidents, with the track & starting marshall, i was hugely dissapointed that he decided to take matters into his own hands on both occasions.

Additionally he reacted to the crowd, this could have just been an expression of emotion and in good spirit, however that is not something i think is befitting a public role, or conducting oneself in a respectable manner.

Additionally when Mark Jones fell he had no concern in his reaction at all whatsoever that Mark could have been injured,fortunately Mark wasn't injured, however he looked confused and very unsteady when he got up.

I thought his conduct within his role as Team Manager, made him look naive, a petulant emotional kid, and not an experienced, thoughtful and collected adult who goes about his job in a professional manner that has earnt him a respected reputation within speedway. Additionally to that he seemed to have no concern for the image that was being reflected on Scunthorpe as a club.

As a result of his behaviour i have lost some of the respect i had for him.

Edited by shirlmeister general

OMG what an utter load of rubbish have you people nothing better to do with your time, i was there but i am not a supporter of either team i like watching speedway, Scunthorpe were gating and newport didnt like it so they decided to water Davids gate heavily thats why Richard got the rake out. Richard was provoked by Mallet and was even poked and prodded to get a reaction from Richard and i for one applaud Richard for not succuming to it, also well done to Scunthorpe on good win they were gating really well and deserved the win

Are you sure you were there??? No I did'nt think so.

In all my years involved with speedway i have never came across anyone with or without official duty who disrespected the sport, ...

I think you must have led a very sheltered life.

Haven't I told you a thousand times not to exagerate

Are you sure you were there??? No I did'nt think so.

Oh I was most defiantly there, I said what I said because I was there, and seeing as you are calling me a liar I will go into more detail,

On more than one occasion At least 5 times mallet approached Richard poking prodding and provoking Richard to retaliate but Richard being Richard didn't even the tractor man had a go

So there you go

Has anyone anything new to add? No? Let's move on then