British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague Play-offs

Pissed off crowds don't make good television for the sponsors

But a crowd invading the track would make GREAT television from their point of view and send viewing figures through the roof :lol:

I used to love watching Muhammad Ali. Now i'd sooner watch paint dry.

With a bit of luck they will ditch this meeting and put the Gorzow meeting on instead.

Edited by screm

Welcome to the Polish speedway. Torun don't like the track (not sure what's wrong with it, though) and the meeting's delayed till 7 pm for some track works. :P

But a crowd invading the track would make GREAT television from their point of view and send viewing figures through the roof :lol:

I rather suspect an invasion by an angry Polish speedway crowd could be volatile, not quite an advertisers ideal (excepting maybe Stella Artois) .

Whereas, a British track invasion would be more akin to a disorganised fete . Grumpy mutterings, warm flasks, embarrassed shuffling & maybe the odd bit of sneakily dropped litter ( that'll teach 'em ) .

Edited by Tatums Left Nut

I rather suspect an invasion by an angry Polish speedway crowd could be volatile, not quite an advertisers ideal (excepting maybe Stella Artois) .

Whereas, a British track invasion would be more akin to a disorganised fete . Grumpy mutterings, warm flasks, embarrassed shuffling & maybe the odd sneakily dropped litter ( that'll teach 'em ) .

LOL

Whereas, a British track invasion would be more akin to a disorganised fete . Grumpy mutterings, warm flasks, embarrassed shuffling & maybe the odd sneakily dropped litter ( that'll teach 'em ) .

There aren't usually enough at a UK meeting to invade the track. Perhaps the local chip shop over the road. :lol:

The match will go on... Teams' presentation now.

Isnt the Gorzow v Zielona Gora meeting due to start at 7pm,so what meeting is on tv now.

Whereas, a British track invasion would be more akin to a disorganised fete . Grumpy mutterings, warm flasks, embarrassed shuffling & maybe the odd bit of sneakily dropped litter ( that'll teach 'em ) .

And a strongly worded letter to the Times :lol: