British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heathen1984

Dudley V Mildenhall

the kid is class and after what he did to us tonight i dont wanna see im again any time soon :wink:

:D.

IMO this was one of the toughest away tests he'd face, he's banged in some good scores this year.But sometimes riding at reserve if managed effectively a reserves performance doesnt always effect a riders true ability. However tonight IMO Lot of experience & quality amongst brit youngsters in the Dudley side & a track most people take some adjusting too.

IMO therefore clearly tonight he has emphatically demonstrated he is quality rider.:approve:

Edited by shirlmeister general

And hopefully Ipswich bound next year before he joins Poole in 2013 :rolleyes:

Hopefully somebody else will get him rather than Poole hoovering up all the good young talent!

Can see him having a similar impact next year to that of Darcy in 2009.

Thanks for that Kev. It has to be said, Cameron Heeps sounds absolutely mustard! 15 years old? He seems one hell of a prospect. Seems an exciting rider too and an out and out racer. Taking Roynon from the back on a track he's never seen or ridden before is impressive.

Hugely impressive from Heeps but on a tiny point of order he has ridden the circuit before, having done a few post-match laps last season. Very different from competitive team racing, of course. Tipped by Ty Proctor last year as one to watch.

A very good performance by Mildenhall last night, well done to them.

Hopefully somebody else will get him rather than Poole hoovering up all the good young talent!

Can see him having a similar impact next year to that of Darcy in 2009.

I'm hoping by the time the lad is ready for the Elite league Bagpuss, that we show some ambition and move up with him. It's believed the lad either is, or will become a club "asset". The idea was that we were dropping down a league to rebuild. That includes our finances, and asset base before moving back up. It's no good moving back up if the club is going to be half hearted about it and signing the journeyman Poles that we've been used to over the years that would be financial suicide as the fans wouldn't support it enough to make it viable.

They WOULD however support a competitive Elite league team with exciting talents such as Cameron Heeps wearing the Witch.

This is what bugs me about being in the Premier league. Any rider with talent will ultimately outgrow the league and you'll lose them pretty quickly. Lasse Bjerre has become a big Foxhall favourite, but the fans know they'll see him 6 more times before he move up full time next year.

Whoever is lucky enough to sign Heeps next year, will just be preparing the lad for Poole or Peterborough in 2013 if he progresses as expected.

Ok the club will receive a nice fat cheque that will help the running of the club just like Lynn with Darcy Ward, but as I said, I hope finances allow that the club move up with him and any other talented youngsters we may sign in the near future that gives us an exciting competitive Elite league side.

Sorry for going off topic here by the way. I'm sure we'll be talking a lot more about Cameron Heeps in the future on appropriate threads.

Edited by CardinalSin

With all due respect to Ipswich though if the lad averages 8+ in the PL next year I don't think he'd stay with you guys anyway, he'll be getting megabucks offers left right and centre from the richer clubs. I believe that even if we had stepped up last season Darcy would have gone to Poole, to be with his mate Noddy of course but also because we wouldn't have been able to match the package that Poole could offer. I'd enjoy him next year, if he turns out anything like Darcy it'll be a year to remember.

Is he a nailed on cert to be at Ippo next season ? At 15 can he sign a contract ? I am sure Chris Louis will have his ear, but there maybe a few cheques waved at him to give food for thought.

Sadly another Mildenhall thread going off topic! If as expected he is at Ipswich next season (fingers crossed doubling up and with us still) just enjoy him while you can like we are. The lad is destined for great things and what will be will be

With all due respect to Ipswich though if the lad averages 8+ in the PL next year I don't think he'd stay with you guys anyway, he'll be getting megabucks offers left right and centre from the richer clubs. I believe that even if we had stepped up last season Darcy would have gone to Poole, to be with his mate Noddy of course but also because we wouldn't have been able to match the package that Poole could offer. I'd enjoy him next year, if he turns out anything like Darcy it'll be a year to remember.

I hope you're wrong. Time will tell.

Bloody hell did'nt expect that result !, obviously young Mr Heeps will deservedly grab the headlines but looks as if the skipper Hargreaves had a good night and the others grabbing important points, can only assume Danny H is still feeling a bit tender after his crash against Hackney.

Lewis Blackbird went from res to No1 can see Cameron doing the same thing at this rate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's me drawing a line under this meeting. :lol:

Tom and Rich were very good value for their points but frankly the rest were woeful. No excuses from me, though of course we could point to several things, after this mauling. Mildenhall were the better team, even if you change Heeps' score for something a bit more 'reasonable' :P, and deserved to take the win. The visitors seemed a good natured bunch so I'm sure they had an enjoyable trip home.

I can't remember who mentioned it but for me there was nothing wrong with heats 9 and 11 when Morris and Roynon crashed. Both were tight turns with a rider left with very little room to make the corner properly. It was just unfortunate from a Heathens point of view that our boys were the ones to go down both times. I could make a case for all-four-back in both heats from the view I had (video evidence could prove me wrong I s'pose).

Heeps could clearly make a fist of it at PL level already but although he was superb last night and deserved his points haul he did face us on one of those nights. My old man could go faster than Armo on his mobility scooter at the moment, Morris crashed out and Royno had a 'mare. On another night he would probably have been beaten a few times. I don't want to be seen to be taking anything away from the lad though. He was quick and aggressive but controlled. I see from the Updates thread that Louis set his bike up for him last night so that factor should not be overlooked. He's been around a while and knew the lines at Monmore so I'm sure his help and advice went a long to contributing to his overall performance.

Back to the Heathens - We've got a hell of a month coming up and we'll need to improve as a team unit immeasurably if we're not to rapidly slide out of the play off picture. Our next two meetings are Scunfield and Stoke away which will be extremely difficult meetings. We follow those two with Belle Vue, Stoke and Buxton at home before the end of August. We then finish with a trip to IOW and Newport at home on the 6th Sept. There are too many 'easy' points amongst that lot. C'mon lads give it some ommer.

I see from the Heathens website that Ash was released from hospital and although feeling a bit second hand he's not feeling too bad. He is fit enough to make the trip to Sweden, which is amazing. t.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's me drawing a line under this meeting. :lol:

A very big line ;)

Heeps could clearly make a fist of it at PL level already but although he was superb last night and deserved his points haul he did face us on one of those nights. My old man could go faster than Armo on his mobility scooter at the moment, Morris crashed out and Royno had a 'mare. On another night he would probably have been beaten a few times. I don't want to be seen to be taking anything away from the lad though. He was quick and aggressive but controlled. I see from the Updates thread that Louis set his bike up for him last night so that factor should not be overlooked. He's been around a while and knew the lines at Monmore so I'm sure his help and advice went a long to contributing to his overall performance.

Interesting stuff all that would have definitely contributed, i just hope he doesn't take a liking to the QM track Saturday.

Back to the Heathens - We've got a hell of a month coming up and we'll need to improve as a team unit immeasurably if we're not to rapidly slide out of the play off picture. Our next two meetings are Scunfield and Stoke away which will be extremely difficult meetings. We follow those two with Belle Vue, Stoke and Buxton at home before the end of August. We then finish with a trip to IOW and Newport at home on the 6th Sept. There are too many 'easy' points amongst that lot. C'mon lads give it some ommer.

We have already been :wink:, think KL are the visitors on the 6th.

Edited by shirlmeister general

I have to say that I was near some rude Dudley fans. There was no need for Blackbird to get the booing and to have commets shouted take him outevery time he was riding. Lewis did not mean to take Ashley down it should have been 1st bend bunching he is not a rider who takes people out. Was treated badly all evening. I didn't laugh when your riders fell so shouldn't have to hear it from your fans. I go to speedway for good racing and will applaud good racing on either side. These guys risk everything to entertain us, and i am not saying you can't have views or banter but some comments were in very bad taste.

So pleased for the tigers they rode well and deserved the win. Heeps was dialled in and riding so well. The guys put in an excellent performance. Was sorry that Jon A had a bad night we do like Jon( used to be a tiger) Also Roynon had an unlucky night. Also must wish young Ashley well after the fall and pleased to hear he is ok.

Lewis did not mean to take Ashley down it should have been 1st bend bunching he is not a rider who takes people out.

I wouldn't disagree Tas, I'm sure Lewis did not mean to take Ashley down, and is not a rider who takes other riders out but.............

from where we stood just before the first bend turn, Lewis did seem to straighten and go into Ashley Morris, nothing malicious just a racing incident you see most weeks at any track.

The referee did however, in my opinion make the right decision, as he did a couple of races later when Adam Roynon was excluded for a not dissimiliar incident!

Good to see you last night, and hope you are up and about soon :wink:

From my viewpoint Blackbird may have just clipped the kerb, straightening him up and into the Dudley rider. Just one of those things. I think the booing may have had more to do with the contrast in speed displayed by Blackbird when getting up after falls, depending on where his partner was in the race at the time.