British Speedway Forum

Question - Has Kennett made things worse for himself by standing down at Coventry?????

Now, he has no team and his sentencing (what ever it's called) is on Tuesday. I'm concerned for him that the board may deliver a suspended ban until he's declared in a team. Is that possible / likely????????

Question - Has Kennett made things worse for himself by standing down at Coventry?????

Now, he has no team and his sentencing (what ever it's called) is on Tuesday. I'm concerned for him that the board may deliver a suspended ban until he's declared in a team. Is that possible / likely????????

They'd have no power to do so on a time basis. They could, theoretically, give him a match-based ban, but that would be silly. Oh yeah, it's the SCB...

[quote The only real issue, it seems is whether the buck stops with him or whether there is any mitigation the argument that he didn't actually know that one of his mechanics did it.

Innocent until proved guilty of course, but come on guys what are you saying. If one of my mechanics has altered anything on my race car before clearing it with me, no matter how small, he would have been down the road (most probably just after I had punched his lights out if it was a major rule bender!) My car, my licence, my money, my responsibilty, end of !!

If he hadn't been caught he would certainly have carried on using the silencer for the indefinite future including the play-offs if Coventry get there

You base this assumption on what exactly? ever considered his mechanic made the adjustment just because he had to endure the east London trick track?

That makes it sound like you are saying its a lesser offence because they were incompetant at cheating! It doesnt matter if the modification gave him an advantage or not 9something that is surely open to personal opinion anyhow?) Cheating is cheating and should be treated in the same way whether a succesful 'cheat' or not.

Im not a Kennett fan but I think he is handling this the right way. I think there should be a ban handed out but lets not go over the top. I think everyone should be given one chance, it is still remotely possible that it was an innocent error after all, that he honestly didnt know about it and frankly none of us will ever know. SO give him the ban to the end of the season, acknowledge the fact he appears to be standing up and accepting he has to take responsibility for it then start next season afresh. Add in a suspended sentence if you must - make it a long term if they want. Should it happen again throw the book at him but for now lets give him a chance to learn from the experience

A very balanced and fair judgement!!

The silencers were not used in the EL last season.

Strictly speaking that isnt true.

They were used in the early weeks of the season until riders complained and it got deferred till this season.

Tiredness can be a medical problem, I suffered from a problem called "Sleep Apnia",

It`s sleep APNOEA :wink:

If you are refering to Chris Holder, yes he stated he was tired but he also has a hand injury.

Tiredness can be a medical problem, I suffered from a problem called "Sleep Apnia", I am not saying that Chris has this but I had to give up driving for a few years. The same would apply to a Speedway rider.

Apart from that, if you were driving on a motorway and a truck crashed into you because the driver was tired you could be hurt or worse, the same applies to Speedway, other riders could get injured.

This thread is about a silencer issue, please stop harping on about Holder. And for your info I am not a Poole supporter.

NB: The part above about motorway driving only applies to you if you are old enough to drive.

For once in my life I find myself in the very rare position of agreeing with Mr Shovlar. :o

If Eddie is found guilty at the tribunal then I would find it very hard to believe that his offence at Lakeside was his first breach of the regulations this season. As such the only sensible course to maintain the integrity of the 2011 Elite League would be to remove his points from all previous meetings raced. Cheating has to be removed from our sport and so the maximum deterrent applied in this case.

This isn't about Coventry v Poole, it's about fair play and if all of Eddie's previous points remain intact then the league is a sham.

Unless written into the rule book and they can prove when he started using the said silencer I would of thought it would be dodgy ground to remove points!

Stripping all this seasons points is quite frankly ludicrous. Why stop this year? Perhaps we should take away all his career points and then we can sign him on a 3 point average next year. Fair play and all :lol:

in refering to Noddy,all well and good but he needs to remember that it is his Poole performance that hads gotten him into the GP's, so yes there should be critisism.

Tired because he is doing too many meetings, then look at your calender and make sacrifises.,and decide who is or what team has you priority. The british fans pay to see riders and excuses like I am tired doesnt cut it,Was nt it said he was driving go carts on monday before wolves, sorry thats unacceptable.

But he will be at GP this weekend and smiling having tested on friday , but stuff you Poole fans someone can guest for me. IM'E OK JACK.

true it should be hard but fair.

I also believe for complete fairness Eddies scores for the season should be expunged from the league and results adjusted accordingly. Unfortunately this has brought disrepute on Coventry results and in the name of fair play, the Coventry management should be asking for this as a sign that they don't wish to benefit from illegal points scoring,

I would like to think the ban would be no more than the remainder of this season.

Yes that would surely see that Poole don't have to face Coventry in the play offs. :D

For once in my life I find myself in the very rare position of agreeing with Mr Shovlar. :o

If Eddie is found guilty at the tribunal then I would find it very hard to believe that his offence at Lakeside was his first breach of the regulations this season. As such the only sensible course to maintain the integrity of the 2011 Elite League would be to remove his points from all previous meetings raced. Cheating has to be removed from our sport and so the maximum deterrent applied in this case.

This isn't about Coventry v Poole, it's about fair play and if all of Eddie's previous points remain intact then the league is a sham.

Thank god someone else sees the light. Thought I was he only one to come up with this completely logical conclusion. For the league to remain fair and honest and not a complete sham, ALL points scored by Eddie Kennett in 2011 should be removed. If they are not, the league is completely tainted as Coventry could have picked up illegal points and could get a playoff place to the detriment of the team whos riders played fair. Yes, in doing so Coventry will probably find the playoffs a step too far but surely their fans won't mind as their team will be "clean".

It'd unfortunate it's Coventry. It could have been any club, including Poole. If it had been Poole I would not wanted to have entered the playoffs knowing there was a possibility that we were there by foul means.

Of course there are the usual mob who will say it's a Poole V Coventry thing, but that is not the case. I feel very sad it's Eddie Kennett and not one of the Poles or foreigners. Out of all the Brits I like Eddie Kennett and personally hope the sentence he will receive won't be to make an example out of him.

Thank god someone else sees the light. Thought I was he only one to come up with this completely logical conclusion. For the league to remain fair and honest and not a complete sham, ALL points scored by Eddie Kennett in 2011 should be removed. If they are not, the league is completely tainted as Coventry could have picked up illegal points and could get a playoff place to the detriment of the team whos riders played fair. Yes, in doing so Coventry will probably find the playoffs a step too far but surely their fans won't mind as their team will be "clean".

It'd unfortunate it's Coventry. It could have been any club, including Poole. If it had been Poole I would not wanted to have entered the playoffs knowing there was a possibility that we were there by foul means.

Of course there are the usual mob who will say it's a Poole V Coventry thing, but that is not the case. I feel very sad it's Eddie Kennett and not one of the Poles or foreigners. Out of all the Brits I like Eddie Kennett and personally hope the sentence he will receive won't be to make an example out of him.

Wait, I thought Coventry making the play-offs wouldn't be "clean" anyway, even before the Kennett situation? Remember, they're 1.18 over the limit... :rolleyes:

in refering to Noddy,all well and good but he needs to remember that it is his Poole performance that hads gotten him into the GP's, so yes there should be critisism.

There was me thinking he got into the GPs because he raced in the qualifying rounds and finished 2nd in the qualifcation final at Coventry in 2009, then finished in the series top 8 last year.

Thanks for correcting me and making me aware that it was actually his performances for Poole that got him there :rolleyes: