British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Isle Of Wight Vs Mildenhall

The teams for this according to Mildenhall's press release are(see here).

Isle of Wight:

1 Nick Simmons ( C ) 8.90

2 Gary Cottham 4.24

3 Danny Warwick 7.41

4 Rob Smith 6.0

5 Paul Starke 6.18

6 Charlie Saunders or Rikki Mullins both 3.00 Nick Laurence (g) 3.00

7 Luke Chessell 3.00

Mildenhall Fen Tigers:

1 Jack Hargreaves 6.94

2 Mark Baseby 6.93

3 Daniel Halsey 5.18

4 Joe Jacobs 6.10

5 Lewis Blackbird 6.66

6 Aaron Baseby 4.66

7 Cameron Heeps 3.00

However, how can Cameron Heeps still be classed as a 3pt rider when he's completed his 3 home & 3 away meetings?! He's ridden his three at home against Buxton, Hackney & Stoke, whilst his three away have been Buxton, Dudley & Newport (of which all have been league meetings)! According to my figures this should give him a new average, which surely should be effective immediately, of 8.73 meaning he should go to number 1 tomorrow.

Edited by Islander15

However, how can Cameron Heeps still be classed as a 3pt rider when he's completed his 3 home & 3 away meetings?! He's ridden his three at home against Buxton, Hackney & Stoke, whilst his three away have been Buxton, Dudley & Newport (of which all have been league meetings)! According to my figures this should give him a new average, which surely should be effective immediately, of 8.73 meaning he should go to number 1 tomorrow.

I think its a case that the average comes in 7 days after 3 home and 3 away

Its 3 home and 3 away then 7 days!

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise the average came in after 7 days. I can't see the point really, how is that helpful? If a rider has done enough meetings then surey it should be effective from the next day.

Anyway updates are here.

Let's home Heeps can find his passport this time ;)

Its 3 home and 3 away then 7 days!

It didnt when Gary Irving did his 6 meeting this year,he rode at reserve at Lynn then was back in main body of team straight away,no seven day rule then

Whats the difference now?

It didnt when Gary Irving did his 6 meeting this year,he rode at reserve at Lynn then was back in main body of team straight away,no seven day rule then

Whats the difference now?

Gary was not on an assessed average. Heeps is so Phil K is right. Number 1 for Heeps against the mighty Saints this Sunday.

Or on the Monday after depending on the interpretation of when the seven days start

Anyways onto a prediction for tonights meeting.

I think a really tight entertaining match will be on offer on the Island tonight, Simmons, Warwick & Smith all going well whilst having seen Starke recently he seems to be getting things sorted, so hopefully he will turn in a good performance.

For the Fen Tigers can see Blackbird, Hargereaves, & the Baseby's going fairly well but Heeps to top score for them.Heeps to have 6/7 rides but Simmons & one of Warwick/Starke to also beat him.

Im going for Islanders 46 Fen Tigers 44.

Edited by shirlmeister general

I take Mildenhall to easily win this meeting with the superb Cameron Heeps :D top scoring - yet again :cheers:

So 45 - 45 all, Cameron on a full max until a heat 15 tumble caused him to be replaced by Blackbird in the re-run.

details taken from speedwayupdates.

So 45 - 45 all, Cameron on a full max until a heat 15 tumble caused him to be replaced by Blackbird in the re-run.

details taken from speedwayupdates.

Second time in as many meetings he's fell in heat 15. I think you can put that down to fatigue. The poor sod is getting flogged to death with 7 rides every meeting

Second time in as many meetings he's fell in heat 15. I think you can put that down to fatigue. The poor sod is getting flogged to death with 7 rides every meeting

Yes 7 rides a meeting seems alot for a 15 year old but remember there are not many meetings in the national league, so therefore not many races to ride. I reckon the more this lad rides the better and he is learning at a great pace and obviously will make a few mistakes along the way, who dosent. By the way got half my prediction correct, Cameron Heeps top scored :cheers:

Yes 7 rides a meeting seems alot for a 15 year old but remember there are not many meetings in the national league, so therefore not many races to ride. I reckon the more this lad rides the better and he is learning at a great pace and obviously will make a few mistakes along the way, who dosent. By the way got half my prediction correct, Cameron Heeps top scored :cheers:

And, alas it appears after being taken to hospital and checked over, broke a wrist in that heat 15 first bend crash.

And, alas it appears after being taken to hospital and checked over, broke a wrist in that heat 15 first bend crash.

Which makes the comments from "Rusty" from "trackside" sound even more bitter and harsh in the extreme! :nono:

From the updates site

"Jammy *expletive*, Russ says it's not often he gets angry with National League speedway, but Heeps knew he was beaten on the start, leant on Nick and then fell off. Ref fell for it and it's all 4 back. Nice bloke Mick Posselwhite, Russ says he's known him for ages, but that was wrong.

He now adds that Heeps is still down.The paramedic and the ambulance are on the track, but he stands by his original assessment, hat he went down too easy and conned the ref."

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Isle&action=display&thread=8629#ixzz1VGGH5DhY

Big shame, get well soon lad.

Edited by ZODIAK

i witnessed a truly horrendous crash involving paul starke and danny halsey on the island last night. it was a miracle that these two boys got up and walked away. they are a tough breed these speedway riders, but i bet they are feeling the pain this morning.