British Speedway Forum
dukes

Scunthorpe V Belle Vue Friday 2 Sept.

But alot did come to Owlerton and support,where as very few of you guys came to scunny,swings and round abouts i guess

And some were very open about not going to Sheffield as "We are Scunthorpe". They now get a free meeting. Should be free if you produce a racecard from the abandoned meeting (unless rain off tickets were handed out?)

And some were very open about not going to Sheffield as "We are Scunthorpe". They now get a free meeting. Should be free if you produce a racecard from the abandoned meeting (unless rain off tickets were handed out?)

Exactly.

I go to Sheffield to watch the Scunthorpe Saints, not the Prowlers, just what is the Sheffield contribution certainly not the riders???

Money!!! Or you probably wouldn't be running a NL team this year :rolleyes:

I've always supported the saints and always will, I don't go to Sheffield as I can't afford to travel that far to 'home' meetings, so yes, I was disappointed when we joined up with Sheffield, as it meant I would miss half the meetings I would normally watch. Obviously tonight was the only time we were able to fit this meeting in, and with us having three home meetings within a week, Rob must have felt it was a bit much for people to pay out for, and decided to make this one free, I fail to see why people thimk we shouldn't be able to go to it if we don't come to Sheffield!

I know it's becoming a bit of a cliche but........remember you are having this debate because both sides actually have a track to argue over.

I've always supported the saints and always will, I don't go to Sheffield as I can't afford to travel that far to 'home' meetings, so yes, I was disappointed when we joined up with Sheffield, as it meant I would miss half the meetings I would normally watch. Obviously tonight was the only time we were able to fit this meeting in, and with us having three home meetings within a week, Rob must have felt it was a bit much for people to pay out for, and decided to make this one free, I fail to see why people thimk we shouldn't be able to go to it if we don't come to Sheffield!

I don't know if I heard right last night at Sheffield (hoggy does sound muffled at times on the PA!) but even though this meeting was free, wasn't there a chance to pay into a collection for JLO?

There was a J'Lo collection bucket at the programme/raffle ticket stand as well as someone going round with a bucket amongst the crowd at Scunny tonight. There will also be another collection for John on Sunday at the Scorpion fixture.

Having seen the weakened line ups and the traffic on the eastbound M62 I wasn't sure about going to this one but I had agreed to do the texting so I went and was damn glad I did.

Typically very entertaining EWR meeting, with some excellent racing from the likes of Kerr, McKinna, Birks, Nielsen, Widman and Wrathall - and all for nothing :D:approve:

For an NL match at Scunny the crowd was as good as I have seen it and I'll be surprised if a few of them don't come back for future ones.

Having seen the weakened line ups and the traffic on the eastbound M62 I wasn't sure about going to this one but I had agreed to do the texting so I went and was damn glad I did.

Typically very entertaining EWR meeting, with some excellent racing from the likes of Kerr, McKinna, Birks, Nielsen, Widman and Wrathall - and all for nothing :D:approve:

For an NL match at Scunny the crowd was as good as I have seen it and I'll be surprised if a few of them don't come back for future ones.

Very good post. I thought the crowd was good, it was warm!!, the track produced some excellent racing and despite the weakened sides through PL duties and injuries, it was a good meeting. Although it looked like Jack Hargreaves had shed a chain in Ht 5, it was in fact a blown engine ie with the con rod going through the crankcase so for his remaining rides, he was on borrowed bikes. Well done to Jack for sticking at the task in hand and for willing to give it a go on the various bikes on offer. For the Colts, Karl Mason was suffering with his engine failing to get the necessary speed around a very fast Scunthorpe track but Adam McKinna was riding near to his best, pushing the opposition hard in every race.

Hope the collection for John Oliver raised a bob or two.

Good effort by all involved really,but speacial mention to Lewi Kerr guesting at No1,did a great job compared to other guests who havent been to hot at number one for the saints

I guess that alomost puts us in the play offs??

Special thanks for the free meeting ( is that the 3rd or 4th now ) it brought back some old fans to speedway. hope they return to the EWR for future meetings! Well done to the Saints on their win. A very good meeting with some excellent racing from both teams. I agree montie. A very good guest in L Kerr who thoroughly deserved his paid 11 pts. Another 3 pts in the bag!

Special thanks for the free meeting ( is that the 3rd or 4th now ) it brought back some old fans to speedway. hope they return to the EWR for future meetings! Well done to the Saints on their win. A very good meeting with some excellent racing from both teams. I agree montie. A very good guest in L Kerr who thoroughly deserved his paid 11 pts. Another 3 pts in the bag!

Your Welcome I actually paid for that meeting.

Thank you very much,it was great fun :cheers::wink:

The fact that you and Squall did so made it all the more enjoyable :o:D;)