British Speedway Forum

OK so Doolan went out after meeting, but he just rode round on same line, surely it would be a good time to try set ups for different parts of track or at least explore the track a bit more.

Im a big fan of Doolan did he have bie problem or just did not ride well ?

It gives me no pleasure to hear of Kev Doolan struggling at Foxhole. I wonder what Simmonds has done to him ? Ippo have paid Lynn for a 10 point Number one and turned him into a 7 point 2nd string all in the space of 18 months. Maybe it was a cunning plan of Busters to send over Secret agent Doolan, thats Doolan, Kev Doolan(000) licensed to mess up the twitchers. maybe Louis could beg Rob Lyon to take him back for a while and sort him out for them. :D

Have you been to foxhall this season? If you have, havent you noticed many young and inexperienced young riders at reserve that look out of control in their early heats? As Morten has had 2 nasty injuries recently I cant imagine he will want to mix it with them can you? This is hardly a "tester" year for Louis as you put it as we never had a genuine no1 last season either and won nothing other than a meaningless 4s title that nobody was interested in anyway.

No-one else was involved in Risager's crash at Rye House last year, and in the first match this season his fallw as as a result of trying to avoid Taylor Poole's fall in front of him. Nothing to do with reserves, and I can't recall bad crashes in the reserves races.

Ashley Birks last night looked far more committed and capable of riding Foxhall than most of his opponents - he was prepared to try different lines and used them to good effect. Stefan Nielsen, who was riding his first ever PL match, was highly capable and in control.

North was the wildest rider last night - over-riding and chosing the wrong lines.

Most riders have an occasional off night ,,seems several Ipswich riders had one on the same night ,,,Law of averages says they could all have a good one next time out,,,so have a bit of faith in your team which is still good on paper...

The Witches have become a shambles since dropping into the inferior premier league. There was all that hope and talk of glory at the start of the 2011 season and we won naff all and what happens in 2012 exactly the same!! Still no genuine no1 and genuine no2 signed and we are struggling big time with riders taking no notice of the managements wishes and hinting they dont want to ride for the club. I personally can never remember the club being run like this when in the elite league and if things dont change very soon I fear for the club and its existence after all they cant run if hardly any fans go and the riders dont care a jot!!!

Im a big fan of Doolan did he have bie problem or just did not ride well ?

He just doesn't seem to have any speed in his engines. I know this will sound strange, but it appeared that he was going faster than his bike, instead of sitting back and opening the throttle, he was over the handle bars almost pushing the bike forward.

It was so sad to see him last night when he was replaced in his final race, he cut a lonely figure sitting on some steps on the centre green.

But he deserved to be replaced, do Doolan's bikes always go slow in the summer just like last year? A rider of his experience and supposed ability shouldn't be riding like that. Maybe this is his true ability and he just rode well at big tracks like Lynn and workington? And if he was over the front of the bike he wasn't suffering with spinning then, where you have too much power. In the year and half he has been with us, I've only ever seen him have 3 or 4 really good top notch performances. And he doesn't want to ride at 1 either? If that's the case, he should pack his bags and find another job.

But he deserved to be replaced, do Doolan's bikes always go slow in the summer just like last year? A rider of his experience and supposed ability shouldn't be riding like that. Maybe this is his true ability and he just rode well at big tracks like Lynn and workington? And if he was over the front of the bike he wasn't suffering with spinning then, where you have too much power. In the year and half he has been with us, I've only ever seen him have 3 or 4 really good top notch performances. And he doesn't want to ride at 1 either? If that's the case, he should pack his bags and find another job.

Couldn't agree more baldy but I would just like to add lanham to that suggestion of packing his bags as he do not even want to ride for the Witches!!! What a shambles this Witches set up is eh baldy its an embarrassment to be a bl**dy Witches fan!!!

where has it been said that Kevin doesn't want to ride at No 1??

Someone said on here somewhere, ok so I didn't hear it from him, but he will be as much as a joke as Lanham at 1.

Edited by Baldyman

I remember one match a few years back when he saved King's Lynn bacon in a match at Rye House scoring something like 20 points!

He's definitely not just a big track man in my eyes.

You don't get a 10 point average by just doing well on big tracks. Admittedly, that 10 point average seems a lifetime ago now!

I remember one match many years ago. It was a home match for King's Lynn against either Glasgow or Berwick.

It was a very tight match. It got to near the end of the match. Heat 14 to be precise, and his bike died at the start. I don't think I have ever seen anyone more pis...annoyed at their machinery! He was totally gutted, but King's Lynn still managed to narrowly win...thankfully ;) (in case you were wondering)

After that match, his form turned from regular 5-6 points to regular double figure scores eventually helping King's Lynn to some cup success at the end of the season.

That form continued into 2006 and so on. By that time, he was an out and out number 1, who rode with distinction home and away.

I have always thought of that match against Glasgow as the turning point in his career. The moment when he decided he was fed up with having unreliable machinery (which he had at the time) and either invested heavily in machinery, or found some good sponsors.

I could be completly wrong though!

I can not believe for one moment that he is a worse rider than he was some 5 or 6 years ago.

I just think he is probably at the age now where his priorities have shifted somewhat. He has a family to look after now (I think!), and possibly doesn't throw every spare penny he has into his bikes.

Didn't he have an improvement in form late last year when Chris Louis did an engine for him? Or did I imagine that?

Someone said on here somewhere, ok so I didn't hear it from him, but he will be as much as a joke as Lanham at 1.

:rolleyes:

An improvement yes but nothing amazijg. If was meant to have invested in new machines this year. He started ok for a few meetings but just like last season is going backwards again. I'm sure he was good at this level for a few years, but that was then, and this is now, and last night even conference league riders were leaving him for dead

Didn't he also have something like a 6pt average for Belle Vue in the EL not so long ago? (when it was stronger than it is at the moment)

It's a shame to see him struggling so much. Hope he's able to get it sorted, and turn the corner sometime soon.