British Speedway Forum

So according to another thread on here, we are the bookies favourites. I wonder if that has anything to do with how well rohan has done in Aus.

We must remember baldyman the Witches do not have a genuine no1 and this eventually will be decisive when the reckoning comes in my opinion. I think the Witches will make the play-offs due to us being so solid especially at the bottom end but the championship - no! Personally I think Somerset are favourites and if staying clear of injuries are destined for the title.

We must remember baldyman the Witches do not have a genuine no1 and this eventually will be decisive when the reckoning comes in my opinion. I think the Witches will make the play-offs due to us being so solid especially at the bottom end but the championship - no! Personally I think Somerset are favourites and if staying clear of injuries are destined for the title.

I think Kevin Doolan is capable of getting back to his best and therefore would be a genuine number 1. he's a great lad, i hope it happens for him. Make no mistake, the witches will be in the hunt!!

Although we will solid all the way through, along with doolan getting back to his best, we also need morten becoming a proper heat leader by adding 1.5 to his average and for Taylor to improve slightly. I see rohan moving out of reserve after first averages change.

Somerset, Berwick, Workington, Redcar and Newport also look very good teams to me.

Edited by Baldyman

i could see the team ending p like this:

Doolan: 9,5 with new equipment

Risager: 8,5-9,0 with the comments made earlier

Taylor: 7,0-7,50

Rohan: 7,0-7,50

Matt: 7,0-7,50 with more track knowledge and no long track commitments is right

Dakota: 6,0-7,0 If Rohan do as expected he will be at reserve by the first set of green sheets

Cameron: 5,0 Massive talent but don't think too much should be expected especially away from home. still only 16!

Total 50-53 points... definitely championship potential as they should all be better when the play offs come round than at the start of the season.

Obviously this means all 7 will need a good improving season, and no injuries. But it's looking good on paper :)

Dakota: 6,0-7,0 If Rohan do as expected he will be at reserve by the first set of green sheets

Cameron: 5,0 Massive talent but don't think too much should be expected especially away from home. still only 16!

Total 50-53 points... definitely championship potential as they should all be better when the play offs come round than at the start of the season.

Obviously this means all 7 will need a good improving season, and no injuries. But it's looking good on paper :)

If they all finish there you'll walk the league at a canter. Think you might have been a touch optimistic in a couple of places.

Doolan is great, I like him very much as a bloke and a rider and hope he ends up over 9, it's perfectly possible.

Risager though, he never fails to disappoint, he might get over 7 but I doubt 8. I know he's got potential but he's had that for the last 5 or 6 years and never lived up to it.

The rest of the team is very solid, be interesting to see how the new Aussies fare, should be a team for the play-off at least.

Those averages you forecast are huge increases on their present ones and perhaps some can actually achieve those but all 7 riders is a big ask. I think on new equipement Kevin can certainly improve a great deal and who knows could become that no1 we need but expect an average of 8 from him. Morten I can see improving but by perhaps 0.5 - 1.0 points. Matt without long track commitments can improve a little say 0.5. Taylor certainly can improve about 1.0 I would say. Dakota I expect to stay about the same as he is great at foxhall but away not so sure. Then we come to the reserves who we are all raging about. Rohan Ive never seen so have to go on his Aussie form which has been great, so will expect an improvement on his 5 to something like 6.5 perhaps. Cameron is a fantastic talent but as Chris Louis says needs to learn to gate he cannot always come from the back. So an improvement from 3 to around 4.5 sounds plausable to me. So now adding my possible averages up its 8.0,7.3,7.4,7.9,5.6,6.5 & 4.5 = 47.2

I feel these are realistic averages to hope for without getting carried away and obviously they all have to stay clear of injuries to achieve these. Otherwise I expect some of those to dip below what I forecast. I will stick with my forecast of finishing in the top 6 and leave it at that.

I think Kevin Doolan is capable of getting back to his best and therefore would be a genuine number 1. he's a great lad, i hope it happens for him. Make no mistake, the witches will be in the hunt!!

Could not agree more about Kevin being a great lad reddan. He is also a great captain the best Pete has worked with he says and knowing all this lets all hope he gets his act together on track and achieve that genuine no1 status. But remember its a huge increase from 7.19 to whats needed but heres hoping.

Risager will never improve. Come over at 16 and got a 4.8 average in the 1-5 of a poor team, following year got 5.6 in a good team flitting betters resevere and the team proper and he's basically do the same every season since. He has good spells and looks like he's going to make it then has a poor spell and looks like a NL rider. Morten will average 6 in 2012. He may even have spell in reserve with that kind of average in this team.

I've also never got Doolan, I'm sure his few years as a 9+ rider were the exception, he's an 8ish rider, there may be a little improvement. It's the 2 reserved that'll do all the improving.

Edited by SCB

Morten will average 6 in 2012.

He'll average 7+. He averaged nearly 6 and a half last season during which he severed part of his finger in a horrific crash.

It took him an awful long time to get his confidence back but improved as the season went on. Injury free, he'll put at least a point on his starting average.

Risager is to bi-polar to be ever be a 8.00 + man IMO, he goes from the sublime to the ridiculous.

He will have to many races in a season when he just tails of a bad last to a reserve.

Risager will never improve. Come over at 16 and got a 4.8 average in the 1-5 of a poor team, following year got 5.6 in a good team flitting betters resevere and the team proper and he's basically do the same every season since. He has good spells and looks like he's going to make it then has a poor spell and looks like a NL rider. Morten will average 6 in 2012. He may even have spell in reserve with that kind of average in this team.

I've also never got Doolan, I'm sure his few years as a 9+ rider were the exception, he's an 8ish rider, there may be a little improvement. It's the 2 reserved that'll do all the improving.

Doolan at his best is a late 8ish 9 pt man, and i agree with Catch 22 i think Risager will average over 7.

All of the top 5 can improve by half a point (at least) Rohan by up to 2 points depending on how much time he spends at reserve and Heeps by at least a point and a half.

Barring injuries there is potential for real powerhouse team.

Should be interesting to see what they do improve by. The same was said about last years team, but not all improved and those that did wasn't by much, speedway can be a strange sport at times. Given an injury free run our 2 starting reserves should put the most on their averages. Most of all though we have Atleast 4 racers to provide some excellent entertainment.

He'll average 7+. He averaged nearly 6 and a half last season during which he severed part of his finger in a horrific crash.

It took him an awful long time to get his confidence back but improved as the season went on. Injury free, he'll put at least a point on his starting average.

6.17 is closer to 6 than 6.5 :P but I Fo accept it was a nasty injury, I'm not sure it was enough to take a point off his average. Funny rider Morten, I used to think he had something about him, I've seen him pass Crump, Andersen and Bjarne while they were all at their best but him seen him passed by PL second strings in the same meeting. It just makes me think he'll always struggle to get any more than 6. I remember being laughed at 12 months ago for suggesting he would struggle to get 7.

Speedway very rarely works out like that though. :blink: