British Speedway Forum

Any expansion of the Grand Prix series needs to be coupled with an increase in rider wages.

Otherwise the riders will never go along with a series that would dispupt thier Polish League schedule, which is where they earn their money. Read Darcy Ward's interview in this week's Speedway Star.

All the best

Rob

This can surely only be a good thing for Speedway - it also needs more expansion over the next 2 years

Why does it need expansion? It's overly long as it is, and more rounds will disrupt the paying competitions.

If the SGP needs to go to different places, then reduce the number of rounds in Poland, Sweden and Denmark.

Why does it need expansion? It's overly long as it is, and more rounds will disrupt the paying competitions.

If the SGP needs to go to different places, then reduce the number of rounds in Poland, Sweden and Denmark.

I don't think you've grasped the reasons behind the expansion, Humphrey - the NZGP will be the start of the season, hardly disrupting anything, and more rounds will increase exposure to a worldwide market equalling more advertising dollars.

I don't think you've grasped the reasons behind the expansion

Wasn't talking about the NZ GP, but the further expansion that was mentioned.

As it happens though, the NZ GP does fall within at least a couple of European league seasons.

I don't think you've grasped the reasons behind the expansion, Humphrey - the NZGP will be the start of the season, hardly disrupting anything, and more rounds will increase exposure to a worldwide market equalling more advertising dollars.

British season starts on March 15th

NZ GP on March 31st

I would say that's a pretty severe disruption to any club with a GP rider in their ranks. Poole will probably have two, so won't be able to start their fixtures at least three weeks after the start of the season.

All the best

Rob

You've had thought some thought would have been given towards the European leagues, and this round held at the end of February rather than the end of March. :nono:

All the best

Rob

This can surely only be a good thing for Speedway - it also needs more expansion over the next 2 years

Lets say a 13 round World Championship - I would like to see

1) New Zealand

2) Great Britain

3) Poland

4) Denmark

5) Sweden

6) Czech Republic

7) South Africa

8) Russia

9) Croatia

10) Italy

11) United States

12) Poland

13) United Arab Emires (Abu Dabi).

Poland still gets a polish round and a European round, scandinavia is covered, Russia is explored, africa added, middle east and state side...

perhaps speedway can work on a 2 year plan where places like czech rep, italy, one from scandinavia and croatia alternate with say Australia, Brazil, India, China/Japan.

Argentina wouldnt be a bad shout , they used to have a few tracks , and was very popular too over there if i recall .

The NZGP is a great addition but it disrupts the begining of the UK season & that in itself is a problem for riders competing, logistically.

Would've been much better a month or 2 earlier in the NZ summer.

You've had thought some thought would have been given towards the European leagues, and this round held at the end of February rather than the end of March. :nono:

All the best

Rob

SWEDISH league won't have started, riders will be back for opening round in Poland. Holder (as an example) would only miss one Wednesday at Poole. Western Springs isn't available until end of March.

SWEDISH league won't have started, riders will be back for opening round in Poland. Holder (as an example) would only miss one Wednesday at Poole. Western Springs isn't available until end of March.

Is that because the venue's 'lifeblood' sprint car and midget car events will not have completed their season until then?

These formulas all look busy. http://springsspeedway.com/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Edited by olddon

You'll just have to get up early instead of us for a change! :cheers:

Oh I've no problem with that :shock:

can't see them making much money on tv rights tho, hope that doesn't cause negativity for any future event, which i hope happens.Will the riders get financial help to get their equipment out to NZ?

I think it's great. Shame they can't do an Aussie one close to this date. I'm assuming we'll see an Aussie wildcard for this date though.

riders will be back for opening round in Poland.

I doubt it.

Polish ExtraLiga starts (most probably) next day, Sunday April 1st.

Do do see a way of shifting 10 GP stars back to Poland in 24h?

regards

PolskiZuzel

This is great news for the GP's, is this just for 2012 or is it for an x amount of years??