British Speedway Forum

I doubt it.

Polish ExtraLiga starts (most probably) next day, Sunday April 1st.

Do do see a way of shifting 10 GP stars back to Poland in 24h?

regards

PolskiZuzel

My guess for Extraliga start would be Easter Monday 9th April

The GP Calender should be up first as the pinnacle of the sport, then the rest of the world including domestic leagues should work their way around the pinnacle of the sport..... a domestic meeting can be cancelled for a one-off gp round and so on

It is about getting more exposure for the sport which will generate for income.... imagine going to places like Cape Town, New York, Abu Dabi, or Tokyo for speedway.... a lot of money will exchange hands in the future which will only benefit speedway....

The GP Calender should be up first as the pinnacle of the sport, then the rest of the world including domestic leagues should work their way around the pinnacle of the sport..... a domestic meeting can be cancelled for a one-off gp round and so on

It is about getting more exposure for the sport which will generate for income.... imagine going to places like Cape Town, New York, Abu Dabi, or Tokyo for speedway.... a lot of money will exchange hands in the future which will only benefit speedway....

surely you meant to say "which will only benefit BSI" :wink:

Argentina wouldnt be a bad shout , they used to have a few tracks , and was very popular too over there if i recall .

Argentina has had speedway almost as long as the UK. In its own element it is still thriving, as are otehr disciplines of non-bike speedway.

Is that because the venue's 'lifeblood' sprint car and midget car events will not have completed their season until then?

These formulas all look busy. http://springsspeedway.com/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Western Springs is a clay base circuit. Obviuously going to need a lot of surface modification for speedway?

Why is it in NZ rather than Australia with Australia having such a big speedway community? Or, is it that the NZ speedway have made it happen, rather than Australian speedway making it happen?

All very well, but then it should either provide the pinnacle of prize money, or be generating money for the lower echelons of the sport (as international cricket does). The SGP does neither, and would almost certainly not exist without the domestic professional leagues.

Really? And how much money has it made for speedway in the past 12 years? Who knows about speedway beyond its own limited fanbase?

Why is it in NZ rather than Australia with Australia having such a big speedway community? Or, is it that the NZ speedway have made it happen, rather than Australian speedway making it happen?

NZ have a promoter with a lot of money. Ole Olsen's out here every year working on an Australian round, but after Dave Lander's experience being ripped off rotten by the FIM there aren't too many queuing up.

Edited by BigFatDave

My guess for Extraliga start would be Easter Monday 9th April

As Polski is a Polish speedway journo i guess he has heard something on this to come out with that statement :unsure:

As Polski is a Polish speedway journo i guess he has heard something on this to come out with that statement :unsure:

I did say it was a guess-however i cannot believe they will run on the 1st April-without 10 no1`s-after all if a u21 rider is elsewhere they postpone meetings.

Perhaps Poland will only employ riders who can commit to 1st April .................

I would go, so would the GF but stuff the flying time.... er ill get me coat, chuff its rained off. :)

Is that because the venue's 'lifeblood' sprint car and midget car events will not have completed their season until then?

These formulas all look busy. http://springsspeedway.com/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

YES and also because the organisers didn't really want a gap longer than a month (at the most) between the first and second rounds.

I doubt it.

Polish ExtraLiga starts (most probably) next day, Sunday April 1st.

Do do see a way of shifting 10 GP stars back to Poland in 24h?

regards

PolskiZuzel

POLISH league has agreed not to start until Easter Monday (April 9th) ... riders will be back preceding Tuesday, bikes on the Thursday.

Perhaps Poland will only employ riders who can commit to 1st April .................

As per usual our barking up the wrong tree Poland not start till after he GP date in New Zealand and yet again you are comiting on something that you will never attend