British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

Why should his application be rejected?

You have the question why someone would change both their surname and then only be known by that surname, so is in effect being known as a name that is not his own. There have been all sorts of rumours about his past, maybe the UK authorities have just caught up with them?

Or it could just be an admin thing. But based on the stories I head, I was amazed they let him into the country last year if even half of them things were true!

You have the question why someone would change both their surname and then only be known by that surname, so is in effect being known as a name that is not his own. There have been all sorts of rumours about his past, maybe the UK authorities have just caught up with them?

Or it could just be an admin thing. But based on the stories I head, I was amazed they let him into the country last year if even half of them things were true!

Haven't Travis McGowan and Jason Doyle had their visa applications similarly rejected?... Do they have a "past" too?

Haven't Travis McGowan and Jason Doyle had their visa applications similarly rejected?... Do they have a "past" too?

Yes but Jason now has one and theres no suggestion that Travis' will be permanent, unlike Tysons.

Yes but Jason now has one and theres no suggestion that Travis' will be permanent, unlike Tysons.

Someone at Rye House surely knows what's going on, but the supporters are always the last to know!

Jepsen Jensen's average would be 7.00 in PL.

But he has too many commitments in Poland and Sweden.

You've got a worrying obsession with Jepson Jensen!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know, Jason Doyles visa was never rejected. It just simply wasn't accepted in time.

As far as I know, Jason Doyles visa was never rejected. It just simply wasn't accepted in time.

Rumour is that Nelson's visa application was rejected becuase he wrote in crayon!!

Edited by Shadders

I have just noticed on the BSPA site, what has been a fairly well kept secret that Rye House Stadium is now the home track of the MK Dons, MDL spedway team.

I presume the matches will be run after Rockets or Raiders matches as was the case last week at the Peterborough Challenge match ?

It came to me as a bit of a suprise that Hoddesdon is in the midlands now :rofl: I know that it used to be a Greyhound track, maybe that will be reinstated with Whippet racing as well ? :D

Tyburn Gallows and Kid Bodie...two dodgy names from the Speedway past. Does that mean they were criminals as is being suggested re Nelson. Rumour has it that one day someone will have the guts to A) Put the rumours on here for all to read or B) Ask him face to face when he eventually arrives. Either way the tiresome nonsense may then stop.

Stories put about on here seem to have little substance and as such should be removed by those with the power to do so before someone eventually finds themselves in court as has happened with other similar forums.

Edited by westhamboy66
  • Like 1

Tyburn Gallows and Kid Bodie...two dodgy names from the Speedway past. Does that mean they were criminals as is being suggested re Nelson. Rumour has it that one day someone will have the guts to A) Put the rumours on here for all to read or B) Ask him face to face when he eventually arrives. Either way the tiresome nonsense may then stop.

Stories put about on here seem to have little substance and as such should be removed by those with the power to do so before someone eventually finds themselves in court as has happened with other similar forums.

Good point. Surely the question should be a) Can he ride and B) Does he provide entertainment - the times I have seen him the answer is yes. Same with Garrity is a bit lary/scary, and allegedly has history - but can ride a bike and is entertaining. If both manage to get their heads together I beleive they will come through and progress in the sport. Would pay money to watch them both though.

• Like 2

Here are the two line ups for todays meeting just got them from the Leicester web site i dont know if this the race order.

Leicester: Lasse Bjerre, Simon Lambert, Kauko Nieminen, Jari Mäkinen, Magnus Karlsson, Jan Graversen and Kyle Hughes

Rye House: Charlie Gjedde, Ritchie Hawkins, Anders Mellgren, Luke Bowen, Jordan Frampton, Jason Garrity and Jason Bunyan

The Rye team now looks quite impressive. A top drawer heatleader pair in Gjedde and Frampton, a strong reserve pair in Bunyan and Garrity, and a solid middle order particularly at home.

The Rye team now looks quite impressive. A top drawer heatleader pair in Gjedde and Frampton, a strong reserve pair in Bunyan and Garrity, and a solid middle order particularly at home.

I agree with your statement that Rye have a strong middle order but only at Hoddesdon. If you take Bowens current average it is (4.97). It shows how poor a rider he is away from Rye as he usually scores 8-10 points at home which means he nets only 1-2 points away, whereas Hawkins whose average is (5.16) is the opposite with a poor return at home but slightly higher scores away.

When and if Nelson does get his visa and comes back into the team my choice would be to drop either of them and keep Mellgren who could do a job both home and away.

I agree with your statement that Rye have a strong middle order but only at Hoddesdon. If you take Bowens current average it is (4.97). It shows how poor a rider he is away from Rye as he usually scores 8-10 points at home which means he nets only 1-2 points away, whereas Hawkins whose average is (5.16) is the opposite with a poor return at home but slightly higher scores away.

When and if Nelson does get his visa and comes back into the team my choice would be to drop either of them and keep Mellgren who could do a job both home and away.

If the choice has to be made, Luke is likely to be the one to stay. He scores well at home whilst Ritchie isn't scoring anywhere just now. Two points from four at Somerset last night and two from five at Ipswich last week in the 'Star of Anglia' at Ipswich a couple of weeks ago, both clubs he has ridden for in recent years, then nil last week in the Peterborough challenge at Rye House. Says it all really. Then you have to add Luke's group of supporters who come along each week he is riding. When he isn't they are conspicuous by their absence!

Edited by tocha