British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

Yawn, this isn't a match thread. Teams are built for a season, not one or two trips to Sheffield. You beat our side with 4 reserves in it, congratulations.

Never said it was a match thread. Seems to me that a lot of Rye House think it's the same old same old,and I have to agree :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Never said it was a match thread. Seems to me that a lot of Rye House think it's the same old same old,and I have to agree :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It probably will be, but change is needed or a lot of Rye fans won't be parting with their hard earned cash to watch each week.

It probably will be, but change is needed or a lot of Rye fans won't be parting with their hard earned cash to watch each week.

I agree Ben, problem is Len hasn't shown much enthusiasm for change lately. You had a great team in 2007 but it's been steadily downhill from there. Shame, as I always looked forward to the visit of Rye in the PL, always felt like a 'big' meeting.

Would Rye take Travis on ?

2012 will be pretty much the same as 2011 with possibly a replacement to be found for Jordan Frampton who looks increasingly unhappy and has spoken of his dislike for the Rye House track... Unless a quality rider lands in his lap, as Linus did in 2008, it'll be another unimaginative side built way under the points limit and announced before Christmas... Don't be surprised if next years side is already decided... Can't imagine any of the Hawks side will be given a run in the side as none have shown that they are ready for the Premier League... If crowds contunue to dwindle the clubs PL existance could be in serious doubt.

2012 will be pretty much the same as 2011 with possibly a replacement to be found for Jordan Frampton who looks increasingly unhappy and has spoken of his dislike for the Rye House track... Unless a quality rider lands in his lap, as Linus did in 2008, it'll be another unimaginative side built way under the points limit and announced before Christmas... Don't be surprised if next years side is already decided... Can't imagine any of the Hawks side will be given a run in the side as none have shown that they are ready for the Premier League... If crowds contunue to dwindle the clubs PL existance could be in serious doubt.

As a Rebels supporter I was quite surprised when Jordan elected to go to Rye.I think the idea was to try to improve his gating which was the downside to his form for us.I think the experiment hasn`t worked for him,I`ve seen him a few times at Rye,when he gates he`s ok ( like most people ),however when he doesn`t it is not an easy place to get by other people,and this was most definitely one of his strong points at the OTA, where he used to chase people down and get past.He could do a lost worse than to return to Somerset where I think he was very happy and successful.

Edited by Cliffeboy

I went to the Ace Of Herts last night and thers a rumour going round Rye that Lewis Bridger may come to Rye Also Josh Auty may be there next season also averages allowing

I went to the Ace Of Herts last night and thers a rumour going round Rye that Lewis Bridger may come to Rye Also Josh Auty may be there next season also averages allowing

Bridger has refused to drop down to the premier league twice, as he believes he is too good for the prem.

Josh Auty will be at Scunny next season.

Bridger has refused to drop down to the premier league twice, as he believes he is too good for the prem.

Josh Auty will be at Scunny next season.

Bridger did say that he was thinking about doubling this coming season. But his average so high that it would be a surprise to see him getting a Premier League place next season.

As much as I despise bridger, he'd quite easily attain a 9+ PL average.

As much as I despise bridger, he'd quite easily attain a 9+ PL average.

With a starting average of 11.58, he would need to average a lot more than 9+ average.

• Like 1

Like joe screen who came in on 12 yet just scraped a 9 point figure, he's been a fine addition to the PL!

Like joe screen who came in on 12 yet just scraped a 9 point figure, he's been a fine addition to the PL!

Not disputing that Lewis would not be valuable addition for the Premier League, but unlike Screeny he is not likely to stay in the Premier League any longer in the Premier League more than one season.

The average that he comes in on will take a massive part of a teams averages, and for me that would be a massive gamble to take.

I think bridger is the type who will ride as much as possible... He will make mega money riding PL and EL and as long as he is allowed to do it, he will, same as barker.

I'd quite like to see the likes of bridger and stead to drop down next year, personally.