British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

This is terrible news on Chris im sure every one is wishing him well and hopeing for a complete recovery as time goes on.......

Dreadful news but wishing for a speedy recovery. Bad night all round with Taylor Poole breaking his arm and Morten Risager suffering vertabrae damage all three are likely to be out of action for some time.

Lanham has to be signed for the season now... may not be the most exciting to watch, but is steady and can gate, rather like the chap he is hopefully replacing!

Looks like a night in with a take away kebab tomorrow if the weather forecast is anything to go by!

Okay, throwing a few names into the hat for discussion ))

Travis Magowan

Cory Gathercole

Tyrone Proctor

Rob Mear

Kim Nillson

I dont know if the numbers fit or if the £££ fit but we need to strengthen up.

Again I send all my wishes to Chris and his family for a speedy recovery.

it might not be a bad thing if tomorrow nights meeting is rained off. after the awful events of last night, a few days off might do everyone involved some good.

Lanham has to be signed for the season now... may not be the most exciting to watch, but is steady and can gate, rather like the chap he is hopefully replacing!

Looks like a night in with a take away kebab tomorrow if the weather forecast is anything to go by!

Hey Shadders are Kebabs back on the menu now ? :D

Hey Shadders are Kebabs back on the menu now ? :D

I've never stopped eating them throughout the period of the weight loss... Only now it's chicken shish and not doner!!

Gjedde double up a no brainer, but this is Len we're talking about, so expect Alan Mogridge to come out of retirement.

Gjedde is a steal on high eights and madness to think of anyone else. Obviously wants a PL ride as he signed for Newport.

Best wishes to Chris Neath.

Travis is having permit problems as he lives in Sweden rather than home in aus & the problem with him, Mear & Nillson is their clubs already have 2 doubling up riders. Charlie Chedder would fit with about.07 to spare

Gjedde double up a no brainer, but this is Len we're talking about, so expect Alan Mogridge to come out of retirement.

Gjedde is a steal on high eights and madness to think of anyone else. Obviously wants a PL ride as he signed for Newport.

Best wishes to Chris Neath.

Or maybe Belle Vue and the rider might not want him to make the move.

It might not be quite as easy as that. During his whole career Leigh has been a Witches asset despite attempts by Arena-Essex and, later, Lakeside to make heir moves. Ipswich are in their hour of need just now so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to recall him. He lives in Ipswich so it might be an attractive offer.

Or maybe Belle Vue and the rider might not want him to make the move.

Yes if you sign for a PL season you probably don't want one really :rolleyes:

what about Topinka?

I'm sure Neathy is on very good money, so Gjedde wouldn't necessarily cost too much more, plus it'll p*ss the hell out of the Bandits fans, which ain't a bad thing!

It might not be quite as easy as that. During his whole career Leigh has been a Witches asset despite attempts by Arena-Essex and, later, Lakeside to make heir moves. Ipswich are in their hour of need just now so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to recall him. He lives in Ipswich so it might be an attractive offer.

Makes sense with him living almost next to Foxhall

Am just catching up on the terrible events of last night. Was it track conditions or just bad luck for so many crashes?

Riders were definitely struggling with the track early doors, but seemed to settle down towards the end... Neathy and Risagers falls were down to the track In my opinion, but the Taylor Poole incident was just a typical first bend incident you see every week, only this time Taylor Poole was very unlucky!

Edited by Shadders