British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Your National League 7

Just a bit of fun guys with the season almost over i just wondered who everyone would have in there National League select 7 ?

What I will do is nominate my five NL riders of the season:

Kyle Howarth (Belle Vue)

Lewis Kerr (King's Lynn)

Lewis Blackbird (Mildenhall)

Stefan Nielsen (Scunthorpe)

James Sarjeant (Stoke)

Very subjective choice and based upon expectations for the season.

S Worrall

R Worrall

A Birks

J Sarjeant

J Pickard

L Kerr

C Widman

My 1 - 7 will be

1.Ashley Birks

2.Kyle Howarth

3.Lewis Blackbird

4.Jason Garrity

5.Gary Irving

6.Lewis Kerr

7.Cameron Heeps

8.Stefan Nielsen

Garrity has to be in there, U19 champion, NLRC winner, and didnt he get a good result in the U21 too?

Plus, averaging 8.5 in this league.

Jaimie Pickard and James Sarjeant have to be in there for me. Both have put about 3 points on their average!

And Simon Lambert...he has managed to improve from a starting figure of 9.1! That takes some doint!

Jaimie Pickard and James Sarjeant have to be in there for me. Both have put about 3 points on their average!

And Simon Lambert...he has managed to improve from a starting figure of 9.1! That takes some doint!

Biased much? :P

Biased much? :P

Slightly, although I can't help but think Lambert is potentially the best number 1 in this league, and the other 2 have put close to 6 points on their average between them!

Being really biased, I would have picked an NL 7 (That would have been legal at the start of the season) as

1) Lambert

2) Tim Webster

3) Ashley Birks

4) Tony Atkin

5) Jaimie Pickard

6) James Sarjeant

7) Richie Worrall

Starting average = 39.66

Current Average = 55.77

Remember when you said you weren't sure what to expect this season Vog? Told you I thought your team looked handy. :D

Lambert doesn't get a sniff though - he should have averaged well over 10 based on ability. Roynon is the best rider in the league, by a mile. ;)

-------------------------

Roynon has to be in any top 7 in my humble opinion, though I would accept an argument that he's a cut above and only in the NL due to an injury ravaged career. Pickard and Sarjeant are dead certs for me. Heeps is a no-brainer - he's been superb. Howarth and Garrity have to be in there. Although the latter hasn't been as good as some claimed he's certainly had a great season and had calmed down a fair bit when I saw him. Hmmm... one to go. Can I have the Worrall boys as one? :lol: Pushed to pick one I'll go with Richie. And in case anyone is wondering I'm splitting them entirely on the following and that alone!

http://www.dudleyheathens.co/extras/ytm_gallery/ytm.php?view=2VRXf8JiNAg&p=1

Notable - Hazelden was superb when he scored impressively against us on our own shale.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Todd Kurtz, a class apart from most in this league.

Yes, but his performances to the level of a 10-point man are to be expected. Most people look for riders that have stepped it up a level. :)