British Speedway Forum

Still have around 11 weeks until the start of the season... What's the panic?

Bowden is a knob. End of

Didn't know you were a regular at SBA, Drac, because you sound just like one :D

Didn't know you were a regular at SBA, Drac, because you sound just like one :D

Halifaxtiger you don't have to be a regular at the SBA to know Bowden is one, i think everybody know's that, i think the only one who don't think he is one is the bird in the bar, and we all know why that is :lol:

Still have around 11 weeks until the start of the season... What's the panic?

Shadder's their is a while to go your right, but Mike Bowden's excuse for not signing good rider's will be that they have all sign for team's, and they don't want to come down to Plymouth to ride, when we all know that rider's don't want to wait until a week before the season starts to sign for a team, and the excuse that rider's don't want to come down this far is rubbish, Zagar and Sanchez didn't think that when riding for Trelawney, the team could have been sorted week's before Christmas, but Bowden would rather go on holiday than keep the supporters's happy, he still has the chance to put together a good team when he come's back, but my money's on him not doing that.

Halifaxtiger you don't have to be a regular at the SBA to know Bowden is one, i think everybody know's that, i think the only one who don't think he is one is the bird in the bar, and we all know why that is :lol:

:D

I have actually mentioned to my mates down there that chucking him out might be a mixed blessing. True, its possible that you would get a decent promoter, but look at all the off track goings on that you would miss :D

If Holder has signed, it will do his confidence the power of good knowing many of you think he's crap :sad:

For all you knockers out their, where is your money to take over?

Forget a community affair as you all cannot agree!

Look at some other threads and their discontent with their promoters and team building, Sheffield is a prime example.

Believe it or not it is about business and making money, it`s not about satisfying whinging fans.

Reality is about the real world, funny that most of the UK speedway fans dont live in it!!!!!!!!!!

<personal remarks removed>

not only is he not as good as his brother ,he can't even beat him in an ugliest face contest,and having seen his brother you would think it would be difficult not to!,Jokes aside,from his time with Isle of Wight he looked promising,at Newport he always looked likely to step up,but didn't,same at Somerset,marginal increases along the way ,but nothing like the early expectations,doesn't look better than a number 2 in a side ,but with Plymouth's record we could see him in a heat leader position sometime soon?

If Holder has signed, it will do his confidence the power of good knowing many of you think he's crap :sad:

Come off it - You don't get given a good reputation over night, you have to earn it. You only have to look at the World of Football to see the hurls of abuse that get thrown around after a bad performance or few. Steve Kean at Blackburn has been slated like no tomorrow, do you believe he'd lose any sleep over a dozen people calling him 'crap'? No, it just spurs him on as proven with their results yesterday.

If he (or any professional sportsman) can't take criticism or the like for poor performance past or present, they shouldn't be a sportsman.

• Like 1

Spot on najjer, couldn't have put it better, as long as they pay their £15 to watch, that's all that matters, you'll spot them a mile away with their bobble hat, a mug of Bovril, and telling the same rider how good he is in the bar afterwards.

• Like 1

not only is he not as good as his brother ,he can't even beat him in an ugliest face contest,and having seen his brother you would think it would be difficult not to!

:rofl:

Come off it - You don't get given a good reputation over night, you have to earn it. You only have to look at the World of Football to see the hurls of abuse that get thrown around after a bad performance or few. Steve Kean at Blackburn has been slated like no tomorrow, do you believe he'd lose any sleep over a dozen people calling him 'crap'? No, it just spurs him on as proven with their results yesterday.

If he (or any professional sportsman) can't take criticism or the like for poor performance past or present, they shouldn't be a sportsman.

Yep wholeheartedly agree, the old saying 'If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen' springs to mind.

As for the team; yes there are plenty of if's, but's and maybe's when it comes to Mr Bowden and his inability to sort things out and send paperwork in. But Barker, Ashworth, Boxall, Holder and Glanz are definite's. Two spots remaining with 11.11 to fill them. I expect one of the unsigned riders competing in the NYC to fill one spot and the other will probably be James Cockle.

I don't think it needs to be regurgitated any more about Mr Bowden and his unprofessionalism in more ways than one, most who attend the SBA regularly and most on here know full well what he is like. Plymouth have an excellent fan base and a great race track (even if it is on the small side) and one day that will hopefully be rewarded with a team and promotion that does it justice.

• Like 2

Spot on najjer, couldn't have put it better, as long as they pay their £15 to watch, that's all that matters, you'll spot them a mile away with their bobble hat, a mug of Bovril, and telling the same rider how good he is in the bar afterwards.

You speaking for yourself or just quessing what all supporter's do at meeting's, while you may be right about some supporter's, don't suppose you know it being right that all supporter's suck up to rider's, i know i would not say something about any rider i would say to his face, and i have been baned from the pit's at Plymouth for doing that, but your right about some co-called supporter's, but not all of them.