British Speedway Forum

And Newport own their Stadium it's just the ground that it's on they dont own.

Somerset own their stadium and the ground it stands on

So here we are at last, just what everyone has ranted and raved about........Plymouth Speedway is for sale.

Where are you all now...............checking your bank accounts, by all intents and purposes the club should now be in one of the forum members capable hands :rofl:

Well I never, you can complain, moan and groan(it`s your right) but oh dear. Oh dear, do it dont just spout about wanting a new owner. Yes you can, but can you really be the one to make that difference :party:

Good luck Mike with your new track, hope it`s as successful as the one the Plymouth knockers nearly bought from you :P

Correct.

And a fair bit around it!!

So here we are at last, just what everyone has ranted and raved about........Plymouth Speedway is for sale.

Where are you all now...............checking your bank accounts, by all intents and purposes the club should now be in one of the forum members capable hands :rofl:

Well I never, you can complain, moan and groan(it`s your right) but oh dear. Oh dear, do it dont just spout about wanting a new owner. Yes you can, but can you really be the one to make that difference :party:

Good luck Mike with your new track, hope it`s as successful as the one the Plymouth knockers nearly bought from you :P

is that you in your avitar pic !

:o R*ger me with a prize winning leek: A Bowden fan. Why not start a fan club - in a year or so you might find someone else.

I don't think anyone has stated that they want to buy the track. That does not prevent them from saying that they want someone else in charge at SBA if the circumstances justify it and here most would say they undoubtedly do.

It remains to be seen whether Plymouth Speedway will be sold or if Bowden is just throwing his toys out. Word I have is that there are at least two groups interested.

I also can't help but wonder how much he wants for it. Based upon his own confirmation that it makes a loss (he says in Speedy Star he pays to go to work), has only £4,000 in assets and a valuation of -£31k, how much do you think ? £5,000 ? £500 ? 50p ?

Further word I have is £100k. I am no expert, but that sounds a little pricey given his assessment of the financial position.

The thing is Mr Bowden has created an exceptional situation: he is despised by almost everyone in speedway. The BSPA have no time for him, and that was the principle reason why they were initially excluded from the PL. Read Tsunami's posts and he has apparently had the hard word about future conduct from them. As I have said before, I haven't heard a good word about him from anyone at SBA, so he has created a unique position where the BSPA and the fans are united in their views.

I genuinely hope that new buyers for the track are found and that Plymouth go from strength to strength. There are some terrific people there and they deserve nothing less.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Could this be Mr Bowden in drag :rofl: or is it somone who works in the bar at the SBA :drink:

• Like 1

Could this be Mr Bowden in drag :rofl: or is it somone who works in the bar at the SBA :drink:

Only works :D:o

The best tongue in cheek post ever!?

As has already been said Mr Bowden is apparently valuing the club at £100k yet in the figures published and in Mr Bowden's words it's making a loss. So either Mr Bowden is lying or the figures are. Having found some information on a few things the only way the club can seriously be making a loss is if Mr Bowden is taking a six figure salary (or at least declaring it).

The best tongue in cheek post ever!?

As has already been said Mr Bowden is apparently valuing the club at £100k yet in the figures published and in Mr Bowden's words it's making a loss. So either Mr Bowden is lying or the figures are. Having found some information on a few things the only way the club can seriously be making a loss is if Mr Bowden is taking a six figure salary (or at least declaring it).

He may be telling porkys to the Inland Revenue

Not exactly true although land owner is a member of the speedway owners.

E R just off A38 look up on Plymouth Speedway Location